Spike walls damage WILD dinos in PVP

Demigod

not sure if anyone else has noticed, but spike walls will now kill wild dinosaurs in official PVP. i play on an xbox official ragnarok server and a set of spike walls have brought down allosauruses and raptors and sabertooths. not sure if this has been specific to ragnarok or if it's part of the new update but i just noticed it this morning. so yeah, this is basically a PSA.

50 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

I didn't know that was unusual, it has done it in PVE for about a year now. I thought it always did it on PVP.

not from what i'm aware. on my many hours on the center and the island, spike walls never did a bit of damage to any type of animal if it wasn't mounted. i've kited several dinos to spike walls so they couldn't touch me and i could kill them easily, and the spikes didn't inflict damage on them a single time.

57 minutes ago, Demigod said:

not from what i'm aware. on my many hours on the center and the island, spike walls never did a bit of damage to any type of animal if it wasn't mounted. i've kited several dinos to spike walls so they couldn't touch me and i could kill them easily, and the spikes didn't inflict damage on them a single time.

Started playing a year ago (PvE) and routinely used spikes when I was atarting out to do the hard work of killing rexes, allos, carnos, etc that would crowd or attack me or my base.

Dinos with a large AoE could oft times kill the spikes while taking minimal damage, but even they could be killed by enough spike walls.

7 hours ago, Shoosty said:

Started playing a year ago (PvE) and routinely used spikes when I was atarting out to do the hard work of killing rexes, allos, carnos, etc that would crowd or attack me or my base.

Dinos with a large AoE could oft times kill the spikes while taking minimal damage, but even they could be killed by enough spike walls.

i understand that, im referring to PVP as the title says. dinos have been able to break spike walls but never be damaged by them, it isn't like PVE. but i suppose after the new update it is lol.

Yeah I have played since it came our on xbox and can always remember dinos being killed by spike walls,  it's not a recent change. always remember to not have spikes in your taming ares as wilds will aggro to them and die,  even a equus will be hurt by them and die if it kicks you off.

On a side note a player in prim flak with a prim pike can pike down a wooden spike wall and only lose maybe a 100 health. Helpfull raiding tip.

20 hours ago, Demigod said:

not sure if anyone else has noticed, but spike walls will now kill wild dinosaurs in official PVP. i play on an xbox official ragnarok server and a set of spike walls have brought down allosauruses and raptors and sabertooths. not sure if this has been specific to ragnarok or if it's part of the new update but i just noticed it this morning. so yeah, this is basically a PSA.

They've always killed dinos that aggro on them on PVP. They don't kill wild dinos that just run into them

Archived