Aberration: Mutated Wyvern

BlueFox91

2 hours ago, Nch1418 said:

There probably won't be any rideable flying creatures. Any rideable creatures will probably only glide or climb. There's no need to get bent out of shape about it. I don't really understand what your issue is here. We'll all find out about this and many other things related to Aberration soon enough.

My isue is that I said:
-Maybe that animal is flier but not rideable
-A troll told me: BALBLABLA they said there are not fliers
-I said there are fliers, like that insect of the trailer
-Then the troll said: Blablabla they said there are not rideable fliers like that tiny insect

That's my point, my point is that someone is trolling and looks like I am the bad guy. Even a GM put a facepalm in my message. That's the level of this toxic forum. And that's why I stoped before of writting here. And that's why I am never going to return here. Because even the GMs are toxic.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
48 minutes ago, Cucharon said:

My isue is that I said:
-Maybe that animal is flier but not rideable
-A troll told me: BALBLABLA they said there are not fliers
-I said there are fliers, like that insect of the trailer
-Then the troll said: Blablabla they said there are not rideable fliers like that tiny insect

That's my point, my point is that someone is trolling and looks like I am the bad guy. Even a GM put a facepalm in my message. That's the level of this toxic forum. And that's why I stoped before of writting here. And that's why I am never going to return here. Because even the GMs are toxic.

This is absolutely correct. Everyone needs to slow down and read, and furthermore, to stop making assumptions based on very limited data.

You all see a creature with bat wings and a squid face and automatically draw conclusions on it being some sort of rideable flyer. The image does not give scale. Hell it doesn't even give any hit on it being a flyer. For all anyone knows it could be a miniature aquatic creature. Or it could be a flyer but is also small like the insect.

My suggestion is that everyone just calm down and enjoy what's there. Make deductive leaps if you want, but don't get bent out of shape trying to defend them if others disagree.

7 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

This is absolutely correct. Everyone needs to slow down and read, and furthermore, to stop making assumptions based on very limited data.

You all see a creature with bat wings and a squid face and automatically draw conclusions on it being some sort of rideable flyer. The image does not give scale. Hell it doesn't even give any hit on it being a flyer. For all anyone knows it could be a miniature aquatic creature. Or it could be a flyer but is also small like the insect.

My suggestion is that everyone just calm down and enjoy what's there. Make deductive leaps if you want, but don't get bent out of shape trying to defend them if others disagree.

The only assumption this topic was suppose to be about was if the creature looked like a wyvern based on its characteristics. It got out of hand when comments about flying were being made. I was just trying to say there would be no flying creatures for transportation like ptera and argents because that's what WC said. It got more out of hand when that stupid little firefly in the video was mentioned.

People, when I said there would be no flyers, I was talking about the ones you get around on for transportation as most of us refer to flyers that way. Remember the Flyer Nerf? What comes to mind when that is mentioned? Transportation... Out of all the people who have viewed this topic, 1 had to mention the firefly and flipped this topic upside down then started freaking out about it when I was trying to correct myself and be more specific, then they called me the troll.

And while we are still talking about the creature of this topic, I don't think the "mutated wyvern" could be aquatic with those physical features just because it has 7 tentacles on its face. Definitely a gliding creature with that wing span.

4 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Precisely. It has already been confirmed that no rideable flying creatures are present in Aberration because the devs want players to get around the map in new ways. Any creature in this expansion is probably going to utilize gliding, climbing, or some other locomotive method. I tried to clarify things with Cucharon because he obviously didn't seem to understand what was going on. Clearly, overreactions did happen. That wasn't my intention nor anyone else's I should think. After all, this is a speculative topic on unreleased game content. The whole point is that no one knows anything definitive at this point. I'm glad someone stepped in to try and resolve this matter peacefully. It shows that Cucharon's accusations of toxicity are far from as strong as he might believe.

1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Does this game really need more OP flying dinos? It's got enough already surely. If the devs just want everyone to using flying mount why not just delete all land dinos and be done with it.

This isn't a flyer though. It's probably a glider if you can even ride it. Aberration is already confirmed to have no true flyers. Also, flyers have never been the exclusive mounts people are forced to use. Any Ark player that's knows anything about this game should know that's completely untrue.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Nch1418 said:

Precisely. It has already been confirmed that no rideable flying creatures are present in Aberration because the devs want players to get around the map in new ways. Any creature in this expansion is probably going to utilize gliding, climbing, or some other locomotive method. I tried to clarify things with Cucharon because he obviously didn't seem to understand what was going on. Clearly, overreactions did happen. That wasn't my intention nor anyone else's I should think. After all, this is a speculative topic on unreleased game content. The whole point is that no one knows anything definitive at this point. I'm glad someone stepped in to try and resolve this matter peacefully. It shows that Cucharon's accusations of toxicity are far from as strong as he might believe.

The funnier part is everyone makes assumptions on whether or not it's a flyer or glider without even considering that it may not even be rideable at all.

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

The funnier part is everyone makes assumptions on whether or not it's a flyer or glider without even considering that it may not even be rideable at all.

True. This thing could be as small as an Onyc or a Microraptor for all we know, in which case assumptions of its functions in-game would be highly different than they are now if that information was known.

Tuso-vern, it's a leaper who jumps from rock to rock, and latches on with it's face. The arms and legs are purely aesthetic, The creature walks with it's face tentacles. His primary attack is a single tentacle swipe, and his secondary is an ink squirt that's lit on fire. He is the size of a jerboa, and you CAN ride him. I know this cuz I'm the true HackBoi 3000 and my dad works at Wildcard...

2 hours ago, Nch1418 said:

This isn't a flyer though. It's probably a glider if you can even ride it. Aberration is already confirmed to have no true flyers. Also, flyers have never been the exclusive mounts people are forced to use. Any Ark player that's knows anything about this game should know that's completely untrue.

I don't think he was saying we are "forced" to use flyers, just that flyers are so much more useful, (and a lil overpowered) than a lot of land dinos.

Yes, you have your functional farming dinos which no flyer can replace, but how are you going to get your anky on top of the volcano? He just meant that flyers are a bit Op, and I kinda agree in a way... don't think there is really a way too change it, nor really SHOULD it change, but I never go anywhere on any map on a land dino... there is just no point when you have a flyer, the fastest way from point A, to point B is a straight line, and the only way to do that is by flying. 

(DISCLAIMER: I'm not trying to start an argument of any sorts... just trying to defend a simple comment which seemed to get a lil too much backlash)

14 hours ago, CompleteTrueWizardry said:

I don't think he was saying we are "forced" to use flyers, just that flyers are so much more useful, (and a lil overpowered) than a lot of land dinos.

Yes, you have your functional farming dinos which no flyer can replace, but how are you going to get your anky on top of the volcano? He just meant that flyers are a bit Op, and I kinda agree in a way... don't think there is really a way too change it, nor really SHOULD it change, but I never go anywhere on any map on a land dino... there is just no point when you have a flyer, the fastest way from point A, to point B is a straight line, and the only way to do that is by flying. 

(DISCLAIMER: I'm not trying to start an argument of any sorts... just trying to defend a simple comment which seemed to get a lil too much backlash)

All I'm saying is that flyers are not as overpowered as some may think. I get it, people were upset about the nerf. Thing is, most have adapted and moved on. Wasn't trying to attack anyone. Simply saying that the assumption that flyers are completely overpowered is false.

Archived