Aberration: Mutated Wyvern

BlueFox91

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, X111 said:

it looks like a Cthulhu, a creature from the Great Old Ones, however if it is there is going to be some serious render issues unless its scaled down to about one thousandth of its depicted size...maybe even more!

isn't this also the one that will be the chest burster?

That's the Nameless Queen. It's supposed to be part of its taming mechanic.

7 hours ago, BlueFox91 said:

Aberration map won't have flyers and I believe you can't transfer flyers either. Creatures with wing/arm feather features can only glide.

I'm curious as to whether any aquatic creatures will be present, even if its just for "freshwater". The lantern pug looks semi-aquatic, but I mean something that spends the majority of its time in water.

3 minutes ago, BlueFox91 said:

I don't believe so. I thought the Nameless Queen was the thing that looks like xenomorph alien that came out of  the ground after the small ones that i assumed to be it's followers.

large.AB_1.jpg.0cdd8a46945a337a37a8eab8d82eb122.thumb.jpg.e0179a918ebfee001bb9dabf0a83b968.jpg

No, what I was telling the other guy is that the creature that does that is the Nameless Queen. The creature in this discussion is a completely different thing. That's what I meant.

Just now, Nch1418 said:

No problem. One thing I wonder is whether Aberration will have any herbivores. Most things seem to be carnivorous.

They are suppose to put some of the basic early level dinos in. For example, parasaur, dodo, dilo, those kind of necessary dinos to get us started like on other maps.

5 hours ago, Cucharon said:

In the trailer you can see insects fliying...

Survivor xViiVD asks, "I have heard from multiple sources that there will be no fliers on this map. Will you restrict any form of transferring fliers or will tribes be allowed to move pteras and wyverns over to Aberration from the island?

Quote from WC

"By default and on Official Servers there will not be any rideable fliers transferrable onto the map, in order to encourage new forms of traversal. This will be a server option of course."

Aberration Insects of those size are most likely not tameable in Aberration, like the jug bug, oil bug, and Titanomyrma. When I referred to flyers, I was talking about pteras, argents, SE wyverns, tapejara, lymantria. The new way to get around besides on foot will be gliding, not flying....

7 hours ago, BlueFox91 said:

Survivor xViiVD asks, "I have heard from multiple sources that there will be no fliers on this map. Will you restrict any form of transferring fliers or will tribes be allowed to move pteras and wyverns over to Aberration from the island?

Quote from WC

"By default and on Official Servers there will not be any rideable fliers transferrable onto the map, in order to encourage new forms of traversal. This will be a server option of course."

Aberration Insects of those size are most likely not tameable in Aberration, like the jug bug, oil bug, and Titanomyrma. When I referred to flyers, I was talking about pteras, argents, SE wyverns, tapejara, lymantria. The new way to get around besides on foot will be gliding, not flying....

I said: There will be fliers but not rideable fliers
You said: There won't be fliers
I said: yeah, there are fliers, but not rideable
You said: LOOK THIS, THEY SAY THERE ARE NO RIDEABLE FLIERS INSECTS ARE TOO SMALL

Are you  kiding me?
If I were GM I would ban you just for this. Seriously.

10 hours ago, Cucharon said:

You said: LOOK THIS, THEY SAY THERE ARE NO RIDEABLE FLIERS INSECTS ARE TOO SMALL

Are you  kiding me?

There probably won't be any rideable flying creatures. Any rideable creatures will probably only glide or climb. There's no need to get bent out of shape about it. I don't really understand what your issue is here. We'll all find out about this and many other things related to Aberration soon enough.

13 hours ago, Cucharon said:

Are you  kiding me?

Lol wow, um ok. Well, if you were WC I would hate to see what you would do when there is a real issue. 

All I know is WC said themselves that there would be no flying creatures to ride on spawning on the map or to be transferred onto Aberration. But that is not the point of this topic. The topic is.... Who thinks the mutated creature looks like a mutated wyvern? 

11 minutes ago, Motoxjoel said:

They might be like a microrapter, small and do some special move like a leach

I was trying to picture it as something small. I'm just stuck on it being a wyvern because its characteristic look to similar to me xD I am confused about it mouth still and I can see it being a leech or at least attaching to a players head if it was small. I honestly thought if it was a wyvern it's spit would be plasma or acid. 

27 minutes ago, BlueFox91 said:

I was trying to picture it as something small. I'm just stuck on it being a wyvern because its characteristic look to similar to me xD I am confused about it mouth still and I can see it being a leech or at least attaching to a players head if it was small. I honestly thought if it was a wyvern it's spit would be plasma or acid. 

Maybe it's a hybrid between a Tusoteuthis/Ammonite and a wyvern, not a mutation per se. Maybe it's like the Morellatops from SE in that respect, but creepier.

1 hour ago, BlueFox91 said:

Lol wow, um ok. Well, if you were WC I would hate to see what you would do when there is a real issue. 

All I know if WC said themselves that there would be no flying creatures spawning on the map or to be transferred onto Aberration. But that is not the point of this topic. The topic is.... Who thinks the mutated creature looks like a mutated wyvern? 

Obviously I would ban trolls like you.

I said RIDEABLE

You quoted a text that says RIDEABLE

Stop trolling.

Archived