Aberration: Mutated Wyvern

BlueFox91

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thing looks like a cuttlefish/octopus/squid had a very ugly baby with a bat or wyvern. I have no idea what this thing is. It might be a mutant wyvern. It looks like its wings are divided into several parts and the wing membranes are not wholly connect as is typical for other flying animals with a similar wing design. Maybe this thing can't even really fly and can only glide or make impressive gliding leaps. Maybe this thing will function as a prior step to the rock drake in some form.

1 minute ago, Nch1418 said:

This thing looks like a cuttlefish/octopus/squid had a very ugly baby with a bat or wyvern. I have no idea what this thing is. It might be a mutant wyvern. It looks like its wings are divided into several parts and the wing membranes are not wholly connect as is typical for other flying animals with a similar wing design. Maybe this thing can't even really fly and can only glide or make impressive leaping glides. Maybe this thing will function as a prior step to the rock drake in some form.

Yeah I also noticed the wings don't look like they are quite made for flying. I was thinking gliding too. We'll have to see it for our own eyes how it gets around. I am convinced this is related to a wyvern though :D

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, cfrostyscriv said:

There are no flyers in Aberration only things that glide, my guess is that this is the cloaked creature that glides off the rocks in the trailer. 

Nah the cloaked creature that glides of the rocks clearly has feathers on its wings which this one doesn't seem to have feathers and although you can't see the face of the one in the video i'm pretty sure it doesn't have a squid like face.

Just now, GP said:

Nah the cloaked creature that glides of the rocks clearly has feathers on its wings which this one doesn't seem to have feathers and although you can't see the face of the one in the video i'm pretty sure it doesn't have a squid like face.

yeah true, perhaps just a ground wyvern that walks on legs and arms, can not support its body on its wings when walking like other wyverns and as such can only glide with wings.

4 hours ago, Nch1418 said:

Perhaps, but the problem is that we have no idea how big it really is. The question is, can you even ride it?

Considering it has all the basic physical characteristics of a wyvern, it's safe to assume it is around the size of a wyvern. It could be smaller than a zombie wyvern but still be rideable. We can ride dinos the size of a lymantria to the size of a Titanosaur. I'd say it is rideable as long as it is tameable. 

Archived