Niteowl

Any fix in sight for "Joining failed - could not retrieve address"

On 11/13/2017 at 2:11 PM, xDarKStaRx616 said:

I'm having the same issue, the ONLY thing I found that works is the following:

• Waiting until it shows "joining server", push the button in the center of your controller to open the guide
  • Scroll over to settings and select All Settings
  • Select Network and select Network settings
  • Select "Go Offline" then select "Go Online"

once you back out to the game again (for some reason) it loads you right in.  

Seems like a pain in the %@&% but its pretty quick once you do it a couple times. And its working for my tribe mates as well.

Hope it helps,

Haven't had ark crash in awhile and that just caused a crash

The games broken and dying. Good idea behind the game but they can't support it. Many hours put into this game and haven't been able to play since September. My brother who lives not even 10 miles away can play with no issues. I've factory reset my xbox blah blah blah all the supposed "fixes" and it says cannot retrieve address. Good thing I only paid 15 dollars for this game. 

On 12/12/2017 at 9:33 PM, NotoriousNate1 said:

I've had the cant retrieve address issue since September and it's still not letting me play. This is complete bs. More and more servers locking need out. And wildcard keeps closing my ticket and marking them resolved. 

Me and you both, joeblow said they should be looking into now that aberration is released.

On 11/14/2017 at 1:29 AM, SimplyPowerful said:

-This ^

This bug was on/off since the September update, but with the last update is now almost 'every time' you try to join a server - especially if coming from your Favorites list. 

I know of a lot of players that talk about this and just assumed it would get fixed, as this was a well-known bug for a long time that disappeared around July but returned with a vengeance in the late September update. 

(Since was something that existed for a long time, most players just know the workaround and haven't been complaining.)

This still doesn't work for some people it was working but now isn't 

This has been an ongoing issue for many for years now, I doubt seriously all of a sudden wildcard is actually going to care. I lost Half of my tribe on our island server because of this issue, everyone was fine and then one day half my team could no longer access the server that was 7 months ago and still they are unable to get in, many tickets later zero answer from wildcard.  For those that are having this issue your best bet is to find a new game wildcard will always blame someone else before fixing their issues. 

Don’t expect a response, they clearly don’t care about the community. Such a shame, think Me and my friends are going to quit and request a refund via Microsoft. I suggest you all do the same and make a stand; perhaps if sh!t hits the van they may take notice?!