Niteowl

Any Fix In Sight For "Joining failed - could not retrieve address"

10 minutes ago, SirTCO85 said:

Cannot seem to get any server to work as it takes forever and get a failure to join or no server sessions found message.  

Wanted to know of anyone else is having issues?

Same issue here. They have said it's an issue on Xbox. A fix is currently in certification and hopefully should be released soon.

6 hours ago, SirTCO85 said:

Cannot seem to get any server to work as it takes forever and get a failure to join or no server sessions found message.  

Wanted to know of anyone else is having issues?  Xbox servers.

Cut the searching time  by going to network settings, set your xbox to offline for 5 seconds, then go back to Ark via your xbox button,

and join your server. 

Joining while searching seem to be broken right now, and a patch for this is in cert right now, I think.

This works almost every time for me.

On 10/8/2017 at 7:00 AM, Horakhti said:

Hello everyone,

I have this problem: when i try to join a official server, the load screen return me an error "Join Failed" every time I try. Another error is "Unable to retreive address". In this way i can't play online anymore.. What do i do? Any solutions??? This is so frustrating, i've payed for a game that can't play.>:(

Easy fix for this, I get it every day. It is a little aggravating, but here is the fix.

Once you get the message, at X Box home screen, press B on the Icon for Ark and pick Quit from the drop-down menu. 

You will now be able to join, no issues. You will need to do this every day till they fix it.

Quitting ARK this way each night will NOT give you access the first time the next day, you will need to do it again.

16 hours ago, SirTCO85 said:

Wanted to know of anyone else is having issues?  Xbox servers.

After you get Failure to join message, goto XBox home screen, press B and select Quit ARK, restart ARK and you will get in.

On 11/10/2017 at 12:07 PM, Kelsey said:

I'm having trouble joining servers on Xbox one, I get stuck on joining session and I've tried about everything

After you receive the message, goto X Box home screen, Press B on ARK Icon and select QUIT.

You should be able to restart ARK game and log in normally.

Having to do this for days.

On 11/10/2017 at 12:07 PM, Kelsey said:

I'm having trouble joining servers on Xbox one, I get stuck on joining session and I've tried about everything

I'm having the same issue, the ONLY thing I found that works is the following:

• Waiting until it shows "joining server", push the button in the center of your controller to open the guide
  • Scroll over to settings and select All Settings
  • Select Network and select Network settings
  • Select "Go Offline" then select "Go Online"

once you back out to the game again (for some reason) it loads you right in.  

Seems like a pain in the %@&% but its pretty quick once you do it a couple times. And its working for my tribe mates as well.

Hope it helps,

11 hours ago, xDarKStaRx616 said:

I'm having the same issue, the ONLY thing I found that works is the following:

• Waiting until it shows "joining server", push the button in the center of your controller to open the guide
  • Scroll over to settings and select All Settings
  • Select Network and select Network settings
  • Select "Go Offline" then select "Go Online"

once you back out to the game again (for some reason) it loads you right in.  

Seems like a pain in the %@&% but its pretty quick once you do it a couple times. And its working for my tribe mates as well.

Hope it helps,

-This ^

This bug was on/off since the September update, but with the last update is now almost 'every time' you try to join a server - especially if coming from your Favorites list. 

I know of a lot of players that talk about this and just assumed it would get fixed, as this was a well-known bug for a long time that disappeared around July but returned with a vengeance in the late September update. 

(Since was something that existed for a long time, most players just know the workaround and haven't been complaining.)

20 hours ago, tillingspark973 said:

I have been fighting this issue since Oct 14th 2017 I have turned in 2 tickets and keep getting the run around with no answers . has anyone heard of any kind of resolve on this? work around? I would like to play the game that I paid for.

Honestly, making tickets is the slowest and most stupid way of having "Customer Support" when they don't even respond to you and instead just ignore you. I made a ticket nearly 2 weeks ago about my breeding pair of gigas that died because i couldn't get on and they haven't even asked me about what happened and what server i'm on. Customer support for this game is atrocious and the game itself feels like it's dying because of how vague and understanding Wildcard are.

I've solved this problem by changing my internet connection, now i have a better ping and download/upload Speed. Sometime the game still won't start, when i can't login on a server just close the game and retry to join. In this way i solved the couldn't retrieve address and join failed errors. 

On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 12:09 PM, ThzNutz said:

which servers are you having issues with?

Every server, says could not retrieve address since September. Sometimes it let's me do NA servers but then they stop working. I've already lost all my stuff. Me and many others in this thread have this problem. I've tried every "fix" mentioned and nothing works. I have proceeded to uninstall the game and I won't be playing again until it gets fixed. Too much time dedicated to a broken game. Not putting any blame on the moderators obviously, just do your best to convey the message further. Been loyal to the game since it was in preview stage. Early preview at that, I've spent too much time building for it all to decay due to this issue. Best of luck to the rest of you tho.