Any Fix In Sight For "Joining failed - could not retrieve address"

Go to solution Solved by Chuwalee,

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No solution yet, but there is a work around.   Go to your network settings, hit advanced settings go to DNS and make your primary and secondary DNS 8.8.8.8

Hi, Everytime I go to join an Official dedicated server it says "could not retrieve address". After I try a few more times the game freezes and dashboards me. It does t

The changing my DNS setting worked thank u so much!!!!!!!!!  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, rooneyaarone said:

I was disconnected and now cant join into any server. My internet connection is good, even tried other games online to test it. Usually acts like it will load me into the server then display the message "can not retrieve address"

Same thing is happening to me, and has been for about a good 3 hours now! Even on playstation it crashes at loading screen.

I too have been experiencing this issue. I have tried both on servers that I have a character on and those without, all the same result.
I am a server admin using the Hosting services of Nitrado and have restarted the server with no change. We are still receiving the issue.

-System Details-
Platform: Windows 10
Store Version: Microsoft Store 1.87.803.2
Game Version: 803.5
Server Version: 803.6

-Steps to reproduce-

1. Start the game and click "Start" on the title screen then click "Join Ark"
  2. Click any server and click "Join Game"
  3. "Joining session..."  is displayed for a few seconds followed by "Joining server XYZ ... " for 45 seconds until "Joining Failed - Connection time out." is displayed.

Interestingly enough I attempted joining an official crossplay server and got slightly different results: "Joining session..."  is displayed for a few seconds followed by "Joining server XYZ ... " for 45 seconds until the asset loading screen appears for a few seconds then the game crashes and closes without prompts. 

I dont feel robbed because of a bug. I feel robbed because of all the reasons that everyone here already knows.

I basically got conned into buying this version. I would have bought the steam version, as usual, if it werent for the fact that my friends wouldnt be able to play the same version. either way that doesnt matter because I shouldve just pirated your ****** game. in fact, if I dont either get a refund or this bug gets fixed and you stop avoiding it, i probably am going to out of anger. thats basically theft but its true.

I highly regret spending money on a product thats, well basically worse than a pirate version. if I pirated it id get all your raptoring DLC without paying. I was considering paying more. the reason Im being inflammatory is because I actually am pissed and DO want it to be personal. I can ignore the poopty glitchy interface and problems. but the fact I buy this, so I can connect to servers... yet this version is being sold broken with no intent of fixing it?

people get ignored on reddit. I go looking for a solution to the stupid "could not retrieve address" only to find this wormhole?

give me a raptoring break. I actually SERIOUSLY regret not just breaking the law and downloading everything in torrents because its ultimately the same thing. sure its "playable" but DILO man.

Originally i wasnt gonna be so incendiary but its like, I come here as a final resort -- I cant verify my phone with my discord because I lost that other account and cant close it and cant get a new number. I go to reddit, do research for about 2 hours. ultimately leading into a wormhole that apparantly has been ignored since release.

and its not like i can bitch to the app store. so im bitching at you.  its borderline inexcusable honestly. this is literally being sold in a state that its equal to some random package off TPB. so yeah I actually do feel kinda robbed buying a version of this game that cant even connect to any servers. absolute joke if you think im going to buy any of the DLCs at all now.

Edited by spiroth10
  • 2 weeks later...