Any Fix In Sight For "Joining failed - could not retrieve address"

Go to solution Solved by Chuwalee,

Login in failed, cant retrieve address, us Xbox users are being disregarded and our time in this event is a week shorter than ps4 and PC. And last year we barly cracked 90k, take Dr Evil and put him in the office and make it 1 million. Seems reasonable. 

True sugestion Tek saddle, or jet for Quetzal with smaller platform, or no platform at all, its too slow to use for anything, with out a speed or weight reduction modifier the bird is useles. 

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No solution yet, but there is a work around.   Go to your network settings, hit advanced settings go to DNS and make your primary and secondary DNS 8.8.8.8

Hi, Everytime I go to join an Official dedicated server it says "could not retrieve address". After I try a few more times the game freezes and dashboards me. It does t

The changing my DNS setting worked thank u so much!!!!!!!!!  

Posted Images

On 2/5/2016 at 11:16 PM, Jatheish said:

Just an update on this situation guys - we're still looking into reproducing the issue ourselves so we can figure out what's going on and why it's happening, we've also been in touch with Microsoft to see if they've got any ideas as we haven't changed anything which would suddenly cause this. I am sorry about the bug, I know it's a terrible one and we'll get to the bottom of it as soon as we're able to. 

If you guys could keep me apprised of whether you have success or not with the workaround mentioned above, I would be very grateful! :)

Any answer on why ps4 is blue screening when trying to acces the game?

Yesterday after i downloaded patch for windows i could not place anything without crashing as soon as i went to place. So i decided at least make use the event and raise babies game hard crashes around 1 pm est today, and everytime i try to join says could not retrieve address even when i try to log on through xbox one. I thought playing on my pc through gamepass would be cool but it has been a hot mess.

I hope they extend the event by a week because ive had huge bugs almost every othere day where it makes it almost unplayable. 

Xbox island official PVE

Joining failed.

Could not retrieve address.

Cannot access server.

Stuck on server selection screen.

Repeated reset of xbox to no avail. 

All other purchased games either electronic copies or disc based working as intended.

Numerous comments posted on official club, reddit, this forum included. This after the delay xbox suffered to the fear evolved event. But still no communication for console players.

Why?

Server 1380, Crystal isles. Xbox one, official........ Unable to join? what now anyone!? is this across all platforms?? I got kicked a few hours ago and have since been unable to re-join...

seriously I thought we were past all this and I have gigas out too on my other server that will miss imprints.. always like this with Gigas!🙄 is this going to take like a week to sort out?? like last years thanks giving event!? Seriously!! WTH........

2 minutes ago, 2OLEgend said:

Xbox island official PVE

Joining failed.

Could not retrieve address.

Cannot access server.

Stuck on server selection screen.

Repeated reset of xbox to no avail. 

All other purchased games either electronic copies or disc based working as intended.

Numerous comments posted on official club, reddit, this forum included. This after the delay xbox suffered to the fear evolved event. But still no communication for console players.

Why?

Why was this removed immediately from general discussion part of the forum, right above a network bug that PC owners have been experiencing. 

Why?

When their necro'd thread was updated with new information.

At least wildcard double standards are correctly enforced when console players are concerned.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, 2OLEgend said:

And I just realised I tagged it xbox one lol.

User error that's why

I feel your pain. I play primarily on Xbox and this issue has been around since the dawn of time. Still bites me every now and then.

I'm not going to say this is a solution but it has helped me in the past. 

Ark doesn't recover from being put in the background. You know how you play one game and start another app, the Xbox will put Ark in the back ground. Switch back to Ark and try to load into a server and you get that error.

Whenever I stop playing I force quite the game. Always load it from scratch the next time I want to play. I very rarely see that error anymore.

That said, it could be happening bad today because of the CloudFlare outage. Hard to tell. The PC users are getting an error. The Xbox probably can't display that same error and just gives you ye 'ol "could not retrieve address".

5hrs ago i could play.  Got disconnected to the server while playing.  then got:

Could not retrieve address error

Tried trick with starting a local game and downloading textures.  Didn't help.

Restarted cable modem, router, PC.   Didn't help.

Downloaded 3.7G.  Didn't help.

This Fear Evolved 4 event has been a cluster F.

5 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I feel your pain. I play primarily on Xbox and this issue has been around since the dawn of time. Still bites me every now and then.

I'm not going to say this is a solution but it has helped me in the past. 

Ark doesn't recover from being put in the background. You know how you play one game and start another app, the Xbox will put Ark in the back ground. Switch back to Ark and try to load into a server and you get that error.

Whenever I stop playing I force quite the game. Always load it from scratch the next time I want to play. I very rarely see that error anymore.

That said, it could be happening bad today because of the CloudFlare outage. Hard to tell. The PC users are getting an error. The Xbox probably can't display that same error and just gives you ye 'ol "could not retrieve address".

Yeah I always make sure I quit the game before restarting. Hard reset usually cures most but not this time.

I had a forum rant and I feel so much better, although still cannot play ark tonight 😡