Niteowl

Any Fix In Sight For "Joining failed - could not retrieve address"

Join failed: Could not receive address (Xbox)

Every time I try to join an official ark server it says (join failed could not receive address) this has been going on for months now and is very frustrating, especially because there seems to be no fix. I have tried almost everything. Please if you have any suggestions or idea on what is going on let me know.

Same as me and I dont k ow how to contact them. I have recently paid for ark genesis and haven't been able to play it yet as every time I try to log in to ANY server it says " failed could not retreive address" I'm stuck in the hospital and thought I'd be able to atleast keep busy.. Ark debs can you help?

JOINING FAILED COULD NOT RETRIEVE ADDRESS

Guys Can anyone help please, EVERY official server I have tried to join I keep getting the same message "JOINING FAILED COULD NOT RETRIEVE ADDRESS" I have tried different things that I've seen people talk about on forums and online but none have worked. I have just downloaded ARK Genesis and haven't yet been able to play it. If you have any suggestions please let me know as I'm stuck in john radcliffe hospital and will be for a while. Thanks.

FAILED TO CONNECT!

"Failed to connect". 
I have internet, i play other games, i can get in the game and see the list of servers, my console (xbox) has the memory only for ark. I play ark for a long time and from one minute to the next the base does not render, i disconnect and now the message only appears "failed to connect"

IT'S BEEN 1 WEEK!!! I ALREADY SEND A LOT OF TICKETS.... CAN ANYONE HELP ME????

30 minutes ago, RStrumsworth said:

Hey when are they gonna fix this game? Do the devs even know this is an issue that's now several years old effecting a large number of people? 

As you can see from this threads date it's been an issue for years.

At this point I would have to wager WC:

1. has no intention of fixing it

2. can't fix it

3. it's not their issue to fix

In any case, I don't think it will ever be fixed.

Join Failed Message

Hello,

My friend and I are having a problem that we cannot find the solution for. He runs a dedicated server from his pc and then we all play on our xboxes. This worked fine as recently as winter 2019. However, when we tried this past week the game doesn't load past primalgamedata_bp and then the message join failed pops up and kicks us back to the title screen.

Does any one know of any fixes for this or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Hi to all, hope I have copied this link correctly, I have done as shown in the video below, and it worked! It may not go in immediately as he says, I had to select my server several times and join, thereafter no hassles. 

https://youtu.be/bPH1Zce3f4Y

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2020 at 5:57 AM, RGR1980 said:

Hi to all, hope I have copied this link correctly, I have done as shown in the video below, and it worked! It may not go in immediately as he says, I had to select my server several times and join, thereafter no hassles. 

https://youtu.be/bPH1Zce3f4Y

You copied it wrong... could you repeat that?  (4 days later)

edit: nvm it is the right link. But does not work for PC...

Edited by PHILmaster248

Still having this issue as of July 2 2020 , tried to login to my servers , tried to login to other servers and tried to login to official servers all say could not retreive address , tried the so called fix in the youtube video about joining a single player game and that didnt work , tried uninstall and reinstall that didnt work , why am i not surprised being wildcard cant tie their own shoes