Niteowl

Any Fix In Sight For "Joining failed - could not retrieve address"

Join failed could not retrieve address

Post number 3 on the forums 4 tickets to wildcard, 2 or 3 to nitrado. Several tweets, several days later and no help. Nothing works, i cannot play the game. And thanks to this little issue im sure i wasted money on genesis too. I cannot get into any server. Uninstalling doesnt help, playing single player doesnt help, swapping dns doesnt work, nothing i find online is helping. Can someone please help me so i can play Ark or did i just waste all of my money on the new DLC. I have played this game for years now and i feel like nobody from WC or in general cares if i am able to play any more.

Could not retrieve address

Hi there, I've recently started playing Ark on xbox again after about a year away. I'm having an issue trying to log onto any server that I have previously had a character on. If I have a current character  on said server then it will just time out and say 'could not retrieve address' whenever I try to join. I have no issues joining new servers.

Join Failed could not retrieve address

I have submitted multiple tickets as seen below only to have them "solved" within seconds and nothing be done. I have posted in multiple forums, posted tweets. i have done multiple requests. i have tried all the little fixes on the internet on reddit etc. swapping dns, swapping ip, uninstall and reinstall i have done it all and it let me back in for maybe a day after swapping ip one time but now i am locked out and swapping doesnt help at all. Will someone from the dev team or anyone please help me. genesis drops TOMORROW and i have already had to purchase it both on xbox and pc because nobody informed me it wasnt crossplay like the rest of the DLC. And now i have all this money spent only to not even be able to play. I just want to play the game i purchased please. I keep getting join failed could not retrieve address for every server official or unofficial. Will someone please help fix this.

edit: it wont even let me upload the picture of where my tickets were instantly solved because the file size is too big. everything is working against me and im to the point of just refunding it and being done with all of this game. 

Edited by wrrnsmith41

Posted (edited)

JOIN FAILED 2020 EDITION

Hi !

I have an issue with Ark.

First sorry for my English it's not my mother language , i learn it in school 10 years ago so i apologize for my syntax .

I have bought Ark on PC ( w10 edition ) and Xbox one for playing with my girlfriend ( in the same house ).

Her on Xbox, me on PC.

Yesterday we play few hours and we dont encounter any problems, but tomorrow, i can't join her on his non dedidcated server.

A message "Join Failed" appears and i'm return to the principal menu.

I have tried every fix that i found on the internet, my nat is OK, my port is open, i have reinstall the game, my drivers is ok… everything is ok i have try anything.

I see many peoples complains about that on many forums, since 2015... Have you a solution or i just bought a game bugged and with no support,  on 2 different platforms for Nothing? ( every other game works perfect it's just ark… °

Oh, and my character whistle every time i see a dino, many times and i can't acces the options in the main menu but i have see that this problems is encountered by many peoples since years and devs Don't care about player ( we have already paid lol ).

Thank you for you response.

Have a good day/ 

Edited by Apocat

I've been on the name official server for 3 years, it's NA cross-platform Rag-842, and recently, if I try to join (not on just that server, any) it's tells me "join failed, could not retrieve address" 

I've searched for solutions, joining single play or primitive+ and then retrying my server does NOT work. My internet is more than fine. I've submitted 3 tickets and they all got insta solved with no response. I just want to play the damn game..

could not retrieve address

I've been on the name official server for 3 years, it's NA cross-platform Rag-842, and recently, if I try to join (not on just that server, any) it's tells me "join failed, could not retrieve address" 

I've searched for solutions, joining single play or primitive+ and then retrying my server does NOT work. My internet is more than fine. I've submitted 3 tickets and they all got insta solved with no response. I just want to play the damn game..