Niteowl

Any Fix In Sight For "Joining failed - could not retrieve address"

Trouble joining servers

I’m on Xbox one and I’ve been trying to login to official servers and I keep running into the “could not retrieve address” problem, and I’ve tried many things to fix it. I can only join single player and player dedicated servers. Anyone know how to fix this? 

2 hours ago, Dannny0117 said:

This might help 

This worked for me. As i logged out on the center on official. I loaded up a center map on single player. flew round map quickly. logged out then loaded up official center server and got in straight away! Thanks for this

Join failed problem

Basically what happens is that my friend made a server on his pc and we both went to go play on that server on our xboxes, him and other people can join but my problem is that it wont let me. Every time I join it says "join failed" and kickes me out. Ive done every thing i can, deleting ark, restarting my xbox, deleting my ark data and nothing has worked so if i could just get some help that would help so much.

I had the same issue, my mate set up a server and no one could join it apart from him. We tried everything from port forwarding to firewall changes. Long story short it worked once he got the Xbox smart glass app and added us all as friends instead of the Xbox console companion app he had originally. Hopefully this works for you. 

I’ve tried every method I used to be committed to this game but throughout the whole day of me trying every method none worked, As I was having issues my whole base was raided so me and my buddies have entirely gave up on Ark. I wish you all good luck with these bugs and errors. Ark wont be getting paid by me or my group any longer.

Official Server Issue

So I just moved back for college and I went to play ark on my Xbox from college but when I went to play my official server, it gave me a connection timeout error message. I have determined that not everyone is having this problem and it basically exclusive to me. I am able to connect to player dedicated servers, but not official which is odd. I also had no trouble playing on my Xbox from home. Does anyone have any suggestions?

29380679-A851-430C-8813-F7C34500195F.jpeg

Any word on connection. Issues?

Hello ya and who here has lost tribe mates because they can’t connect to the server?

while back on that update that fix connection we thought a solution was found? Then ya add another update and broke the connection again...  issue is as said player can’t connect to said server. No response found... folks have reach out and been told it w server issue and not ark problem....   

Code of conduct

Hi, what is sould do. I have that Red text in server list where is I have to abide some code if I play official servers ? I cant play on official servers? Allways Come "host timeout" ect.

Its that code some how reason why I cant play those servers... (I play with xbox) 

On 1/27/2020 at 4:04 AM, MrsSlerba said:

Code of conduct

Hi, what is sould do. I have that Red text in server list where is I have to abide some code if I play official servers ? I cant play on official servers? Allways Come "host timeout" ect.

Its that code some how reason why I cant play those servers... (I play with xbox) 

The code of conduct is always there. There has been an issue with people logging in.

On 2/19/2019 at 12:07 AM, NoBob117 said:

POSSIBLE FIX!!

TLDR: had same error connecting, discovered the issue is with the IP address, started using a VPN through my laptop, problem has been fixed for me.

Hey all, I just wanted to let you know I've been struggling with this Issue for over a week. My friends have started up on a server, and I wanted to join them, however I wasn't able to. Every time I would get the "unable to retrieve address" error message. There were a few times I was able to somehow connect, two or three to be exact, but it was never reliable and it only happened twice out of the hundreds of times I tried to connect. After doing alot of reading and troubleshooting, everything so much as factory resetting my xbox, I was out of options. So after reading a few success stories about changing IP addresses and such, I decided to test that, even though I can't access router settings or contact my ISP because my internet is controlled by my University. So I turned on my phone's hotspot, and viola! I loaded in with no problems. Next, I went back to my wifi and tried, and still couldn't connect to the server. After giving up for a few days, I decided to come back and try using a VPN. Because I'm on Xbox, and can't access my router settings, I have to use my laptop as a sort of adapter, but I'm able to run my xbox through the VPN and I can now connect to the server without any problems. Also, I forgot to mention, I tried many others servers when I was unable to connect, and most of them also unresponsive. After the VPN, I can connect to all the servers I've tried. If you can, I would recommend trying to change your IP address first as that shouldn't cost extra money, but a VPN is definitely worth a try. Best of luck everyone!

I'd like to reiterate this post from a year ago. It worked for me after trying every other solution. Sure, a VPN costs extra money, but it can also be a security investment as well fro your other devices.

Address not found

host time out, unable to retrieve address, room does not exist. after a random successful log into official pve, after about 15 mins keeps host time out. started day of anti mesh patch and has made the game unplayable. last successful log in had died for no reason, re spawned checked log and see 3 anti mesh metal ramp destroyed notices, was writing down coords in log but host time out again and can't get back in again. never intentionally messed anything, no idea even how to. all i know is this new batch of problems has cost alot of people alot of time, dinos and items. i'm beginning to wonder what has done more damage, the meshing or the meshing patch. any fix in the works or ideas on how to make ark playable again?

i cannot log into any offical server. all i get is join failed could not retrieve address. all of my babies are likely dead at this point and im sure ill miss the event. submitted 3 tickets so far 2 here and 1 at some server site they told me to go to and both have just pawned me off on the other :(

Could bot retrieve address

I have been trying to get help for a week now. Tickets go unanswered or I am told to go to another site and place one with no response. Genesis comes out soon and i have purchased all of the expansion and am worried that i wont be able to play it either. That out of the way. My problem is that every server i try to join i get a message "join failed"

"Could not retrieve address"

How do i fix this or how can i play again? Uninatalling is not the answer, playing in single player for a bit doesnt work. It worked fine a week ago but now i cannot play at all!!!!

Any help would be appreciated as i am just getting ran around with nobody really caring.

This happens a lot from what I saw googling your issue but I have very little experience with this particular.

Advice I have seen was hard reset Xbox, unplug and shut off power leave off for about 5 mins then try again.

Have you tried that? 

Have you googled the problem? Reddit and the forum have loads of these reports some fixes work for some people.

I know it sounds like I'm fobbing you off but I will try when I get out of work to get some links here for advice from other threads if no fix.