Niteowl

Any fix in sight for "Joining failed - could not retrieve address"

@TROJANQUEEN @SipnOrphanTearz Can you please try the workaround in this thread and let us know if it works for you?

On 05/02/2016 at 9:15 PM, Chuwalee said:

No solution yet, but there is a work around.   Go to your network settings, hit advanced settings go to DNS and make your primary and secondary DNS 8.8.8.8

For the last 3 weeks or so I've been having this issue saying could not retrieve address every time I try to join an official server I was playing on a official server I put a lot of game time in and was around lvl 60 and one night I got off and the next day the problem started I can't even play now PLEASE HELP!!  Im on Xbox one gamer tag: BladeZ ReVenGe have a nice day :)

This hasn't fixed it for me. I had the original 3 errors which was thankfully fixed with the patch and have been playing fine for the last couple of days, including this morning, I came on after work and can get into my original server (PVE EU 39) but not my current one (PVE NA 69).

When I try the workaround I get the "Joining session..." stuck on screen and without the workaround I get the error "Could not retrieve address"

i have tried hard resetting the Xbox, my route, restarting the game entirely, going on and offline repeatedly and alternate MAC address. None of which work.i have also unbookmarked and gone from the full server listing. It appears from the number of people in the server that this is one of the few having this issue as usually by now this server is full and yet today only has 15 showing. 

Sorry for for the long post, just wanted to give as much detail as possible.

5 hours ago, Humur0us said:

Nope as per my previous post, directly above the one you quoted, it caused my game to freeze in the "Joining session..."

If none of the workarounds in Jats thread here nor the DNS 8.8.8.8 please submit a ticket at the top of this site; https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

Edited by SallyAnn

17 hours ago, Rollingbear247 said:

Can't join any servers, says Can't find adress, ping on all servers are 500+ eu and American my ping right now is 64 please help anyone any input is welcome

Also am having the same issue. It's showing that there are players on the server but I at the moment am not able to join any server what so ever.

Hello everyone,

I have this problem: when i try to join a official server, the load screen return me an error "Join Failed" every time I try. Another error is "Unable to retreive address". In this way i can't play online anymore.. What do i do? Any solutions??? This is so frustrating, i've payed for a game that can't play.>:(

Edited by Horakhti