Niteowl

Any Fix In Sight For "Joining failed - could not retrieve address"

You should be able to play Xbox with the windows 10 version of ark.  Did you check to see what version # you both have?  Sometimes the win10 version gets held up on publishing the latest version and won’t play with the Xbox until the latest update gets published.

could not retrieve address ERROR ! HELP

Ive been trying to enter unnoficial pc servers on xbox one and it keeps loading in the screen (primalgamedata_BP ) and after that it says ( could not retrieve the address). 

but i can enter the offical dedicated arks servers like normal. WHAT CAN I DO? is my second day having this login problem. 

i already reset the modem, reset de xbox and reinstall the game with no luck,

Joining failed - could not retrieve address

Have been receiving this error for over 2 hours.  Rebooted the server, restarted the console, no luck. 

I've looked for known issues dated today but don't see any posted.  Anyone else not able to get onto your private server today?

Can't log onto server on xbox one

I have tried all day to log onto the server I am on with no luck iv restarted the game restart console and even checked my Internet connection and still nothing I'll get in and it will come up with lost/ timeout connection to host. I have never had this before and iv been on this server for a year or so now and logging on every day without fail. Please help 

I have a strict NAT however I also have a dual NAT I have been playing this game for a long time back before Ragnorok. I never had a problem and then one day I could not play and that lasted 1 1/2 years and then finally one day i could play again. I have been playing for a while now with now issues connecting until the Friday after Thanksgiving. No it is doing the same thing as it did many moons ago and could not play. whats funny I can play any other game and I can change  to unofficial  servers and play also but not officials. I am about ready to give up on this game and get a refund on the season pass.

Join Failed

I have a private dedicated server on my computer and I am playing on it via my Xbox, but every once and a while I would get a join failed notification and would have to wait until like the next day. So it happened a couple times but recently I have tried over many different days but it still doesn't work, my friend can get in, I can't. Any help or suggestions, please.

On 12/6/2019 at 2:18 PM, Dismighthurt said:

I'm having the same problem. Haven't been able to log in to official or unofficial since the update at Thanksgiving.

Tried every fix I can find, including factory resetting my Xbox and reinstalling

Good luck. I helped start this thread almost 3 years ago about this issue and they still havent helped me. Changing dns doesn't work for a lot of people. This is the only game I have this issue with so its definitely wildcard servers. I've only been able to play OC servers since the start of this problem(despite being on the east coast of the US) and then the turkey trial update made those inaccessible to me as well. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RStrumsworth said:

Good luck. I helped start this thread almost 3 years ago about this issue and they still havent helped me. Changing dns doesn't work for a lot of people. This is the only game I have this issue with so its definitely wildcard servers. I've only been able to play OC servers since the start of this problem(despite being on the east coast of the US) and then the turkey trial update made those inaccessible to me as well. 

I read that the ark dev team has been split, the senior guys are putting their time in to  developing ATLAS.

On 12/8/2019 at 12:44 PM, Donk67 said:

I read that the ark dev team has been split, the senior guys are putting their time in to  developing ATLAS.

Maybe so but it doesn't excuse the fact that people have had this problem for 3 years now. Half the people that started this thread have moved on I assume. I only come to check to see if anybody with any sort of authority in Wildcard will acknowledge this problem but they still dont. Conan Exiles I can log onto any server I wish, so it's for sure a Wildcard server problem. ARK I have only been able to play OC servers the past 3 years(despite being in the US) and they screwed that up when they took the OC rag servers down a few weeks ago. I could play any server I wanted before the Halloween event 3 years ago.