Niteowl

Any fix in sight for "Joining failed - could not retrieve address"

A response back from Nitrado:

Thank you for your support request.

We have rolled out a fix and fixed the issue with the "Cannot Retrieve Address" issue. We have also added 24 hours to your service/s to compensate the downtime. You will also receive an email apologising for the distruption, thank you for your patience.

4 hours ago, bionicleboy2005 said:

unofficial unavailable

today I was looking forward to playing on a low boosted server to have a break from the grind of official, but to my surprise no unoff servers on xbox were working. they all just said unable to get address and kicked me out of the game. Please help!

Nitrado had an issue with an expiring SSL certificate. They fixed it and extended your server time by a day.

Need a fix for the “can’t find sever address” error for official severs

I switched my internet to true speed today (fibre optic), all other games work fine and I can even join all other unofficial severs in ark. However for some reason I can’t join any of the official ark severs now, it keep coming up with can’t find sever address. Any suggestions to fix this quickly, need to imprint my babies 

Posted (edited)

Joining failed/connection timeout

I honestly don't know what to do at this point i hate having to make a post like this

Every single server i try to join on Unoffical/ Offical Extinction gives me Joining failed/connection timeout i try joining it sits there saying join for a 1 1/2-2mins  then says connection timeout ive tried everything i could think of including unistalling and reinstalling at this point im loss hoping for help here 

Edited by Paradise187

Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2019 at 1:30 PM, Ivixzta said:

Could not retrieve address (Xbox)

When I go to join any unofficial server it say “could not retrieve address” and my connection is good and any other games work. How do I fix this? 

You don’t from what I can tell. Ive had this problem for a few weeks now.

Edited by MRMICHAELMYERS

Could Not Retrieve AddressCould

I play Ark on the one n I've been playing since preview but I never had the issue where I couldn't fix the problem. After the update a few days ago, I have been unable to join any servers and it has been like this since. I have restarted my console a million times, deleted my account n game, different ports n such but still the same result. "Could not retrieve Address". I have never gotten this problem before. I have gotten the message before but that was when a reset on the console would fix it. Now i can't do anything to fix it. Any suggestions? I'm at a loss. 

Posted (edited)

Could Not Retrieve Address

After installing the update on the Xbox console companion I tried joining the server I was playing on for the past few days on a regular xbox and I get an error tried resetting my internet and restarting my pc nothing works. I noticed someone said that cross play was not working does anyone have an eta on when we will be able to connect to a PVE unofficial pc session just really fed up with this wait 🤬

Edited by HotandSticky

A week ago I couldn't join any official servers, then randomly it let me join. Then 3 days ago it does it again, could not retrieve server address. I didn't not spend all my time grinding for it to all decay and starve. And if I submit a ticket all they will say is, "Should have read about Auto Decay timers". I need a fix for this dumb bug so I could actually play the game I paid for.

Posted (edited)

I don’t understand this needs to be fixed to many people are dealing with this problem and it’s definitely not our problem this is the only game it happens on. I was playing for 3 days straight with no problem then all of a sudden yesterday I get a could not retrieve address on all official servers. It makes no sense please fix this so I can play with my friends! 

Edited by fr3sh0ffDaBoat

failed entry / connection expired

Hello,
I have a problem, I hope you can help me. I've been playing Ark on Xbox One since the game came out.
I've had a problem accessing all the servers for a couple of months. Keep giving me this error "failed entry / connection expired"
IMG-20190720-WA0003.thumb.jpg.a21370c383c6d83f138ebb7e028e9e20.jpgIMG-20190720-WA0003.thumb.jpg.a21370c383c6d83f138ebb7e028e9e20.jpgIMG-20190720-WA0003.thumb.jpg.a21370c383c6d83f138ebb7e028e9e20.jpg

I have already tried to do all these things:

Uninstall and reinstall the game.

Verify that your game is up to date.

Try using wired connection

Check your modem/router configuration

If you are using a physical copy, verify that the disk is not damaged

Verify that the server you are on is not experiencing server issue

Is the only game that gives me problems, all the other games work very well, I have a good connection that does not give me problems with other games.

Can anyone help me?
Excuse my ugly English.
Thank you

I’m having issues logging in to any of my servers on Xbox official.  Ark keeps telling me joined failed could not retrieve address. Does anyone know how to fix this. I have been locked out for two days and there is no customer support option for login issues. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. 

ARK Windows 10 Cant Join any Official or UnOfficial servers

hi there i have Ark on windows 10 and steam. on my steam version i can join servers fine.

on my windows 10 version i cannot join any servers and continue to get "could not retrieve address"

i am wanting to play windows 10 version as i would like to play with my friends

can anybody help?

thanks

• Like 1

join failed

So when i try joining my xbox friend on his non dedicated server i get the message "join failed" 

its getting anoying becuase i have uninstalled and reinstalled ark,messed with ipv4 and ipv6 and have tried making my own dedicated server for him to join and nothing works

i play windows 10 pc

i hope this is the right discussion to put this topic