Niteowl

Any fix in sight for "Joining failed - could not retrieve address"

Ok we just did this today and it worked and I havnt seen it on any fourms. We had two xboxes not Work but could play my gamer tag but not theirs. So they deleted their gamer tags, hard reset their xboxes and downloaded their gamertags again and it works! Let me know if yours has started working! Share if it does!

Hello Wild Card.

Xbox One Version of Ark: Survival Evolved

ISSUE 1: No Sessions Found! I get this a few times a week and its really annoying. Search is on default setting "All Maps" "All Modes" and by "Name" and it does this saying *NO SESSIONS FOUND*, why do i always have this issues? Closing the game does not work by going home screen on Xbox then pressing the start / menu button and quitting the game from running reload and it still does same thing. Why is this such an issue and so hard to find my servers or any server for that matter. Its been an issues since day one release of the game in early access and still has the same issue over a year or more later.

Issue 2: when searching i cant stop the search I have to leave the screen. I should be able to stop the search anytime and change the settings to what i want.. I always have issues switching from unofficial to official servers i have to wait like 10 minutes b4 i can switch the search over to the other sometimes... 

Issue 3: Why do you have this blue on blue menu in game play and server list... Im color blind and the menu is so hard to read i have to get 3 feet from my tv to read anything and its a 45" tv... I hated the whole blue menu look since it was added with all the blue hexagons. So annoying the colors.. Why not black and white.

Issue 4: I lost all my costumes and skins I use to spawn with them on death but so many is missing. I cured my self from swamp fever and no vampire eyes, use to have bunny skin & birthday suit and many things i have a lot of the achievements and none show up that i should be getting.

Issue 5: Why is costumes not in a folder by default in menu that don't need to be thrown down all the time, the items in the item menu is so freaking annoying and horrible having to clear my inventory all the time from costumes and things.

Issue 6: Why is building so clunky and hard to place some things, It shows it will place one way and then it places another way and platform building or boat building is annoying. Im a pro builder but it still shouldn't be so hard to place things i waist things because of this lame issue.

Why is it so hard to find the servers? Please fix this because its so freaking annoying. Server screen need to be re-works. Its shouldn't be so hard to find freaking servers.

Ark Session Error.jpg

Edited by AceVP
Added more issues to my list of things!

Does no one care? I still get this issues at least a few times a week. My nat is open and my net is fine. So why is this an issue?

Issue still the same no Sessions Found with things set to "ALL MAPS", "ALL MODES" and i can not find servers. Why is it so hard to find them. Battlefield has zero issues finding a server.

IT IS SO ANNOYING I HAVE DAYS I CANT EVEN PLAY ARK!

Edited by AceVP

Got the same problem since a few hours. Could not retrieve address.

I've tried all network troubleshootings. All servers are unreachable with my Xbox one X and my girls Xbox one.

Wired and wireless. With and without router and or switch. Soft- and hardreset all hardware.... 

Joining main server, random server, random map, all results in this error.

Edited by RedmenNLX

2 hours ago, ElKrafT0 said:

Most of the time is MS 's fault, make sure to check here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status first

Since yesterday they are having problems with XBL services.

Maybe this time, but not most of the time. I started this thread with a few other a while back. I suggest looking back in the thread several months back. I believe it goes all the way to October of last year.

I've tried everything I know to resolve this, but still can not get into the game on any of the servers I play on.  This is what I've tried:

1.  Restarted Ark

2.  Restarted X-box

3.  Restarted modem and router

4.  Had my ISP send a repair person to test my internet connectivity

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I play on official pve servers, and I'm afraid I'm going to loose my tames and base if I can't get in soon.

Edited by zandor

7 hours ago, zandor said:

I've tried everything I know to resolve this, but still can not get into the game on any of the servers I play on.  This is what I've tried:

1.  Restarted Ark

2.  Restarted X-box

3.  Restarted modem and router

4.  Had my ISP send a repair person to test my internet connectivity

Done all that. Got the same problem, even uninstalled the game and reinstalled. Still will not work.

Just comes up with “Could Not Retrive Address” when I try to join my PvP official server that I play on.

Lost like 10 hours of imprint, also lost an ob full of bullets. Trying to do a trade with my mate for rex eggs.

Do not know what I can do.

Edited by Marcus1

Have been getting this for 2 days now and don’t know what else I can do i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and anything else I could find online I also  submited two tickets but they both said   Solved right away so don’t even know if that worked

just need to know if there is anything that I can do or if it’s just a waiting game 

On 9/28/2018 at 1:54 PM, RStrumsworth said:

Many months later, still having the same problem. Refer to my previous posts about this if you want to see my situation

Try a different internet connection.. worked for me. Or get your internet box reset. And use wired connection. It's something with the fire wall.

Edited by Skellington971

I play ps4 and I get the same poop, official loads up in 30 seconds with all servers then try unofficial with no filters and it's no sessions found most of the time. It's a raptoring joke, these fat [I'm gonna get banned]s need to fix this poop I dont understand how a company can sell a 80% complete product and get away with it. I see they took the time to reply to your problem posted months ago. raptoring useless nerdy [I'm gonna get banned]s

not sure if anyone else has been getting this issue but I play ark on both Xbox and windows 10 and I keep getting the could not retrieve address for any and all severs (official, PC unofficial, player dedicated) if tried restarting my Xbox and PC at least 10 times along with both my router and modem, cleared cache, uninstalled/reinstalled I tried everything I possibly could I even got the owner of the cluster I play on to restart the entire cluster with no progress. I've even tried it with alternate accounts and still have the same issue please help!

by the way this all started after the xbox service outage on 11/25/2018

Edited by KelThezuad

So I was playing on offical pve, game crashed when doing painting, now I cannot get back in. I can play on unofficial, and for some reason when I join last session it takes me to an OC Island server on offical that I have never played but can't transfer out. Keep getting the same could not find address error.

Tried to load offical on pc and it does the same thing. Ice reset my console, deleted account, deleted cache, deleted and reinstalled game, and still nothing. But my friend can load me on his Xbox and has no trouble getting in.