Why the complaints about official pvp

Jlmaples

So after my time on ARK I've decided a few things. The BIGGEST problem that players make.. is the server settings they chose. They join PvP server thinking they want to be on a PvP server, yet they complain when they are killed by others.. they complain that they get raided.. 

There is only 2 reasons to play a PvP server..

1 you plan to kill/raid someone without their permission

2 you wish to play with a friend that wants to kill/raid someone without their permission.

Either way.. how can you complain when someone better comes and does it to you? How is that justifiable? Why not play pve where you need to agree to PvP

I love when alpha sets a rule of no killing passives. THIS is official pvp. I will do what I want.

We need to clean these servers up of the wanna be pvpers. They are bad. They don't want to PvP. So why not show them the errors in their ways? 

If your with me.. kill their passives. Kill their campfires and unlocked storage boxes. I'm tired of hearing "why you kill me" on an official PvP server. Teach these baddies they don't want pvp. Tell them to go to pve server where they belong.

UPDATE- have gotten rid of a tribe of 3 pve players who thought they were pvpers. 

The story - I knocked out a pteranadon on a mid population server. I am laying in the bushes awaiting my new tame to finish up. As I lay there in the cold night I spot a raft with fires and forges running. At first the raft past the location of my pteranadon. Then it stops. All of a sudden they jump out and run to my pteranadon killing it. (My character has 160 move speed) I decided retaliate. After killing one of them with my fab pistol I use for alpha hunting they ran towards there raft. I made a quick judgement call.. they were going to escape if I didnt act quickly. I had farmed some grenades to raid someone.. I decided to grenade their raft before they could get to their raft. To my knowledge, I thought it would be a waste. But after killing them and getting killed by there saber and wolf.. I ran back to discover.. this raft was a raft that was prepared to raid. I got my grenades upgraded to c4. I killed a saber and wolf (by the looks of it either kibble or prime tamed and leveled up)

These kids thought they wanted to PvP when they didn't. RIP pvers

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's fine and all.....if you can leave the spawn zone at all, If The alpha Tribe didn't build a cage around spawn points and you do manage to escape the Spawn trap, the relentless hunting of your character by said alpha tribe and their "alliance" makes it so you can't even gather resources to defend yourself.

If that is PVP to you then have at it!

33 minutes ago, Jlmaples said:

So after my time on ARK I've decided a few things. The BIGGEST problem that players make.. is the server settings they chose. They join PvP server thinking they want to be on a PvP server, yet they complain when they are killed by others.. they complain that they get raided.. 

2 you wish to play with a friend that wants to kill/raid someone without their permission.

Either way.. how can you complain when someone better comes and does it to you? How is that justifiable? Why not play pve where you need to agree to PvP

I love when alpha sets a rule of no killing passives. THIS is official pvp. I will do what I want.

We need to clean these servers up of the wanna be pvpers. They are bad. They don't want to PvP. So why not show them the errors in their ways? 

If your with me.. kill their passives. Kill their campfires and unlocked storage boxes. I'm tired of hearing "why you kill me" on an official PvP server. Teach these baddies they don't want pvp. Tell them to go to pve server where they belong.

Lol... Well because quite frankly Ark is a terrible example of good PVP. Much of your attitude provides a good example. Killing passives is Griefing plain and simple.

Offline raiding should never exist in a PVP game, it's not what PVP is supposed to be about. That's called Griefing as far as the majority of the gaming community is concerned.

Ark attracts people like yourself that seem to think those kinds of behaviour are appropriate, that doesn't make it good gaming however. For that reason I know many will find this response incorrect, but in truth it's a major problem with Ark.

Ark it's about diplomacy and a community. As for PVP and raiding ? should only be when diplomacy fails or you deserve it is the way the community to police itself. It takes hours upon hours upon hours to farm and have good things tame and breed good dinos just to have somebody like you come by and take it all away within an hour. Weeks if not months of Works taken away from one butthead Griefer.  You try it instead of running around raiding and killing other players and taking away everything they own try building and having stuff raise dinos and farm just so somebody like you take it away within an hour or when you are offline. And why do I not PVE and others like me because we cannot police ourselves the community. get somebody running around throwing down pillars and Foundations so you cannot build nowhere and not nothing you can do about it

3 hours ago, Jlmaples said:

UPDATE- have gotten rid of a tribe of 3 pve players who thought they were pvpers. 

The story - I knocked out a pteranadon on a mid population server. I am laying in the bushes awaiting my new tame to finish up. As I lay there in the cold night I spot a raft with fires and forges running. At first the raft past the location of my pteranadon. Then it stops. All of a sudden they jump out and run to my pteranadon killing it. (My character has 160 move speed) I decided retaliate. After killing one of them with my fab pistol I use for alpha hunting they ran towards there raft. I made a quick judgement call.. they were going to escape if I didnt act quickly. I had farmed some grenades to raid someone.. I decided to grenade their raft before they could get to their raft. To my knowledge, I thought it would be a waste. But after killing them and getting killed by there saber and wolf.. I ran back to discover.. this raft was a raft that was prepared to raid. I got my grenades upgraded to c4. I killed a saber and wolf (by the looks of it either kibble or prime tamed and leveled up)

These kids thought they wanted to PvP when they didn't. RIP pvers

I must admit our tribe has adopted the same great philosophy since 2015. We love nothing better then killing the pretend PVPers. You can always pick them too. Cute looking decorate non functional PVE base with massive blind spots and tames outside in the open with little to no defence. You smash their base and they start going off in global with one or more of the following:

"hey dude stop"

"plz stop"

"fkn grifers"

"why you killing me"

"what did I do to you"

"help me someone they are killing my tames",

"why you killing my passive tames"

"your a big bully"

"why you picking on new players"

What I find really amusing though is when you smash them once they relocate somewhere else. You find them again a few days later with the same terrible base design and smash them twice and then they get really mad, like furiously mad. It's really quite funny seeing them mouth off for half an hour in global chat about how tuff they are while at the same time they are requesting help from every tribe in the server xDxD

When we go to a fresh server looking for victims first on our list is always the really "chatty" types. The ones that spend all day chatting in global chat and generally trying to be friendly with everyone. I like to think I have a good sense for spotting potential victims and these chatty types are often on the very noob side of things. They make fantastic victim because you know when you slaughter their tames they've spent the last few months on collecting that they are going to explode in global. Great fun. 

2 hours ago, Cronics said:

Ark it's about diplomacy and a community. As for PVP and raiding ? should only be when diplomacy fails or you deserve it is the way the community to police itself. It takes hours upon hours upon hours to farm and have good things tame and breed good dinos just to have somebody like you come by and take it all away within an hour. Weeks if not months of Works taken away from one butthead Griefer.  You try it instead of running around raiding and killing other players and taking away everything they own try building and having stuff raise dinos and farm just so somebody like you take it away within an hour or when you are offline. And why do I not PVE and others like me because we cannot police ourselves the community. get somebody running around throwing down pillars and Foundations so you cannot build nowhere and not nothing you can do about it

There are a few types of ARK PVP tribes.

The solo player tribe. A bit of loner he likes single player but hates the tether distance. So he has joined a multiplayer server but just wants people to leave him the fk alone. He hates interacting with other people and doesn't understand the concept of multiplayer. Often seen running along the beach with his dilos and his stone pick.

After this is the community tribe that wants to be friends with everyone. They typically are either casual gamers or fresh over from a recent PVE server. Often found in metal tier or lower base with poor defences and dinos outside unshielded and unprotected. This tribe can often be seen talking in global chat about how cute their latest colour mutation on their raptor is. Not particularly adapt at understand game mechanics or current metas.

Then there is the diplomatic tribe that wants to reach the top someday but is inexperienced at PVP or not very good at. They prefer to use diplomacy to make their way to the top, allying up with bigger more powerful tribes. Typically resides in a metal base with a decent chunk of auto turrets but come war, relies on their friendship with the alpha tribe to survive.

Next up is the war tribe. These guys are incredibly ambitious. They want to be the next alpha and they are going to let everyone know. Most members are in their teens or early 20s. Not particularly the brightest bunch around, can often be found talking big in global chat. They will fight most tribes smaller then them and make a tilt for the alpha title at some stage. Often undone by their own internal rivalries and egos if not their obvious threat to the current alpha.

Then is the alpha tribe. This is the biggest tribe on the server that everyone is meant to fear and bow down to. Most of their players are quasi PVE players who believe in the concept of strength in numbers. Most days they spend farming away and building their giant base just a bit bigger. Not particularly good at PVP but with numbers an endless supply of the largest dinos and near infinite resources they can overcome any regular tribe. 

Lastly there is the savages/bandits/griefers/guerrillas tribe. They don't believe in numerical superiority or diplomacy. They will KOS anyone they see even if its the alpha tribe. They raid and kill for the pleasure not the loot. Typically much smaller in numbers then most other tribes, they will rarely number more then 5-10. They rely on their knowledge of game mechanics and experience to get the decisive edge on others. They are fairly secretive, rarely talk in global chat if ever and only recruit proven experienced players they know. Their bases are usually incredibly tiny and nondescript/well hidden. Occasionally found doing the dirty work of another tribe.

9 minutes ago, Mendoza said:

Where is the PvP fun (challenge) in picking on noobs...   You can barely even classify it as PvP !

I hate the idea of PvE - especially pillar spam.

But I also  hate where the official PvP servers have gone...

If I see someone on the beach I will attempt to kill him, whether he is noob or not. Its pure PVP

3 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Lol... Well because quite frankly Ark is a terrible example of good PVP. Much of your attitude provides a good example. Killing passives is Griefing plain and simple.

Offline raiding should never exist in a PVP game, it's not what PVP is supposed to be about. That's called Griefing as far as the majority of the gaming community is concerned.

Ark attracts people like yourself that seem to think those kinds of behaviour are appropriate, that doesn't make it good gaming however. For that reason I know many will find this response incorrect, but in truth it's a major problem with Ark.

So doing PVP is "Griefing"? Sorry but there is no room for social justice warriors or safe spaces on PVP servers. 

44 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

So doing PVP is "Griefing"? Sorry but there is no room for social justice warriors or safe spaces on PVP servers. 

Offline "PVP" isn't even PVP. PVP stands for player vs player, which can't be done if the player is offline. You're griefing, not fighting a player. People like you are exactly WHY ARK sucks as a PVP game.

44 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

If I see someone on the beach I will attempt to kill him, whether he is noob or not. Its pure PVP

That always KOS mentality shows you have no idea what PVP is actually about.

40 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

PVP means player versus player. Attacking defenseless Dino's or unmanned bases is not PVP, it's griefing and will get you banned in many other PVP games.

6 minutes ago, MimiNuyasaka said:

Offline "PVP" isn't even PVP. PVP stands for player vs player, which can't be done if the player is offline. You're griefing, not fighting a player. People like you are exactly WHY ARK sucks as a PVP game.

My reply was in relation your ludicrous claim that killing passive dinos somehow isn't PVP but "griefing". That catch all terms cry babies seem to throw around a lot these days.

It makes little to no sense to not wipe out an enemies base and all their dinos because otherwise you leave them with a way to get back at you. If I shoot an enemy off his Giga and find that he has left their Giga on passive if you think I'm not entitled to butcher it then you shouldn't be playing on a PVP server.

7 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

That always KOS mentality shows you have no idea what PVP is actually about.

PVP means player versus player. Attacking defenseless Dino's or unmanned bases is not PVP, it's griefing and will get you banned in many other PVP games.

Not on a proper PVP server. Maybe one of those pretend PVP servers with a raiding rule list big enough to span several pages perhaps. When I pick up my rifle to shoot someone I prefer not to have to phone my attorney for advice on whether or not I will get banned for doing so.

2 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Not on a proper PVP server. Maybe one of those pretend PVP servers with a raiding rule list big enough to span several pages perhaps. When I pick up my rifle to shoot someone I prefer not to have to phone my attorney for advice on whether or not I will get banned for doing so.

Actually, that behaviour will get you banned on just about any PVP server that has only one rule "no griefing"

I don't expect you to understand though, people like you seldom do.

In all honesty its kill to survive i remember seeing a petr and doedricus being tamed i thought i could kill them yeh easily i considered then thought nah i wouldnt want someone todo it to me so i left it but as i turn my back my raptor gets bolad then i get clubbed he lures it into the oceanthen im there just waiting for deathi thought hmm should have killed them because in the end its pvp and no one is friendly back you give a spear to a noob then he try to rob you of your flak so in the end everyone was a noob at first but you learn eventually i enjoy the thrill of combat another instance trying to friend a noob tribe then they stab you in the back then youmess withthem for ages but they call you a fa.g or someother insult just because there losing. So dont like pvp go elsewhere or team up and take revenge.

11 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

You'll always be mediocre with your current mindset. Don't be afraid to punch up. There's a reason that many alphas don't pick on smaller tribes. It's waste of their time an materials. People who spend most of their time chasing noobs and fresh spawns know they aren't that great, so they only pick the fights they know they can't lose. The sign of a good player - even if they lose - is someone who picks fights they're not sure they can win. Nuking fresh spawns is what mediocre players with something to prove do.

Many of these self-appointed ARK PVP edgelords are just bad at Rust, PUBG, you know, the games that are entirely built around the idea of KOS and short term builds.  If there were no difference between vanilla ARK PVP and this hardcore battle royale some of you seem to think it is, why did Wildcard create the SOTF game mode?  If ARK PVP were supposed to be a non-stop grief session with no long term prospects, why did Wildcard put a trader's forum up?  

Watch some of the better PVPers on youtube, they don't arbitrarily wipe small tribes and kill passive gathering tames.  

For a healthy server, you need builders, breeders, traders, raiders, and randos.  A server comprised of only breeders is boring.  A server comprised of only raiders is annoying.  There is no one single way to play the game, and while mercilessly destroying other player's progress is allowed, it doesn't necessarily make it right, or in the long-term interest of the community.

Play how you want, you bought the game just like we all did, but don't pretend that playing like a dirtburger is the only official way to play.   They have just as much right to gripe as you do to act like a scumbag.

49 minutes ago, StabbyBobby said:

Many of these self-appointed ARK PVP edgelords are just bad at Rust, PUBG, you know, the games that are entirely built around the idea of KOS and short term builds.  If there were no difference between vanilla ARK PVP and this hardcore battle royale some of you seem to think it is, why did Wildcard create the SOTF game mode?  If ARK PVP were supposed to be a non-stop grief session with no long term prospects, why did Wildcard put a trader's forum up?  

Watch some of the better PVPers on youtube, they don't arbitrarily wipe small tribes and kill passive gathering tames.  

For a healthy server, you need builders, breeders, traders, raiders, and randos.  A server comprised of only breeders is boring.  A server comprised of only raiders is annoying.  There is no one single way to play the game, and while mercilessly destroying other player's progress is allowed, it doesn't necessarily make it right, or in the long-term interest of the community.

Play how you want, you bought the game just like we all did, but don't pretend that playing like a dirtburger is the only official way to play.   They have just as much right to gripe as you do to act like a scumbag.

I couldn't care less if the server dies. I'm just there to kill, maim and steal. If I don't have to farm for something because I can loot it then its a good day.

50 minutes ago, StabbyBobby said:

When you are a tribe of 5 as we are, tribes of 2-8 are well within our ideal target range. They are easy targets for easy loot. We fight alphas as well but we use small tribes to boost our supplies for our big raids on larger tribes. It's like the food chain, the shark eats the tuna, which eats the smaller fish which eat the plankton.

A wise man once said "get gud" so do a note run level up but easier said then done its a game with alot of mechanics and you just need to play learn what youlike i admit it annoys me running around naked just minding my business then alphas just troll but then you get better then you learnto mike tyson his ass nick his stuff then mercilessly drown him or sparta off a cliff its a fun game wish i had a good constant tribe but being a lone wolf isnt so bad either.

15 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

My reply was in relation your ludicrous claim that killing passive dinos somehow isn't PVP but "griefing". That catch all terms cry babies seem to throw around a lot these days.

It makes little to no sense to not wipe out an enemies base and all their dinos because otherwise you leave them with a way to get back at you. If I shoot an enemy off his Giga and find that he has left their Giga on passive if you think I'm not entitled to butcher it then you shouldn't be playing on a PVP server.

Not sure about you but that's what I prefer. I enjoy a challenge, so I'm not going to attack someone when they're offline which will cripple them and make it easier for me. You can't get better with handicaps. If I cripple them when they're actually here I can say I earned it and gloat if I so desire.

Just now, MimiNuyasaka said:

Not sure about you but that's what I prefer. I enjoy a challenge, so I'm not going to attack someone when they're offline which will cripple them and make it easier for me. You can't get better with handicaps.

If I come across a base whether it be a metal 1x1 or a metal base that has weaknesses I will raid it. Sometimes they are offline but most of the time they are online. I got nearly 4000 hours in this game, and we have killed over 3000 dinos since 2015. Not bad for a tribe of 5. 

1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

When you are a tribe of 5 as we are, tribes of 2-8 are well within our ideal target range. They are easy targets for easy loot. We fight alphas as well but we use small tribes to boost our supplies for our big raids on larger tribes. It's like the food chain, the shark eats the tuna, which eats the smaller fish which eat the plankton.

Cuz nothin' screams "Alpha Killer" like the stone picks you gloriously pillaged off of Bobby Thatchdweller.

Ark is too polluted with cod players and other games where its kos everyone.

Ark is great. PvP is terrible for officials. PvP does not mean KOS. But a lot of people play it like that. Ark is a horrible time sink.

Maybe I was raised to use manners, but I don't want to wipe out players 100-1000's of hours into their base just because I want some pvp.

I raid those that deserve it, like the op. If no one deserves it, someone will come knocking. 

I did not join pvp to raid those without permission, I joined pvp to play the game as the developers intended, to be able to move people of resource spawns, to attack those that want to be annoying, say racist things in chat.

The problem with ark, is everyone thinks that their way of playing it is the correct way, when actually there is no correct way.

However, pvp officials are not pvp at all. You have your no skill zerg mega tribes. They Invade, max the server pop so no one can log in once a raid starts(if they don't ddos the server first). This is not pvp, its cowardly fighting. 

Then you have the most common past time. PvO. Player vs offline. In ark. Its much easier to defend then it is to raid, everyone knows this. So the majority of raids is in the hours when most people sleep, when there is no one on, or maybe 1-2 at best.

Then there is trolling/griefing. Ya know, where you roll up to level 10 thatch builders n eat them on dragons, lay in the bushes n kill their lvl 40 pteras. 

So, @Jlmaples, to answer your question. Most people complain about being raided or wiped in pvp, is because of trolls like you. Most people never get to experience "PvP" before they are wiped.

Archived