Alpha dinos can't drown?

Grandta

2 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

When I started playing, I used to drown alpha raptors by kiting them to a lake near red obelisk and tagging them from above. Killed a few this way. 

Same here kite them out into water, shoot or stab them with weapons.  I can't say for certain that I've ever seen one drown though.  It see like I recall it, but that may just have been an Allo with a pack leader boost.

We had an alpha raptor get stuck in fairly deep water at our base just the other day. It got kind of buggy down there - ran around randomly and  got stuck against the wall. It didn't look like it was going to drown anytime soon so I went in after it and saw more buggy behavior - it would only attack me once in a while, despite me hacking at it with my sword for what seemed like forever.

Used to see alpha rexes drown all the time on Center.  We'd start fighting them on the floating island and sometimes they'd run off the edge.  They'd go to the murky deep, get bloody and eventually die.  Hitting them with 1 arrow though got them to go right to the surface and come over to say hello.  This was way, way back tho.

On 22.09.2017 at 11:31 PM, Grandta said:

So I was flying around getting oil on my argy and noticed the alpha glow under water and thought it was a water alpha. Used the spy glass and it was a carno just swimming around on the sea floor.

Seems like it had infinite oxygen.

Yep, found alpha carno swimming in deep sea of north, after doing farming it was still there ( like about 2 hrs)

On 22. 9. 2017 at 10:34 PM, TuxedoSpartan said:

Alpha's have infinite oxygen, but limited stamina, allowing them to get stuck at the bottom of the ocean, but not die.

Are you sure? According to Gamepedia, the have Oxygen stat. They have very high Health so I think they can stay underwater for long time but eventually they died.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Alpha_Raptor

P.S. I saw Alpha Rex on north trapped underwater and after several days it was not there.

2 hours ago, Graviphoton said:

Are you sure? According to Gamepedia, the have Oxygen stat. They have very high Health so I think they can stay underwater for long time but eventually they died.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Alpha_Raptor

P.S. I saw Alpha Rex on north trapped underwater and after several days it was not there.

The Alpha Rex may have despawned.

Archived