TheDoDoLife

ragnarok is an incredible map to start on, especially on low pop servers, because it is so big. Pvp is an option to start because u rarely see people around ur base and in the general vicinity, and u can calmly live a normal lifestyle without much fear of a raid, especially of u live on an island to the south. As long as the server stays low pop, you'll be good. And with a ptera, u have a chance to get a wyvern egg, and u might be able to trade something for some fresh wyvern milk. 

42 minutes ago, Ghostysniper said:

ragnarok is an incredible map to start on, especially on low pop servers, because it is so big. Pvp is an option to start because u rarely see people around ur base and in the general vicinity, and u can calmly live a normal lifestyle without much fear of a raid, especially of u live on an island to the south. As long as the server stays low pop, you'll be good. And with a ptera, u have a chance to get a wyvern egg, and u might be able to trade something for some fresh wyvern milk. 

Imo opinion Rag is good if you're looking to stay hidden and have lengevity. The island though is my go to server to trolling and pvp. I haven't tested Rag outside of pve yet, but I see the potential, huge map and many places to stay hidden. Rag also seems more for an experienced player, which is why I said get your bearings on the island first and then switch once you got all the basics down.

Regardless of what map I chooses, I always do about an hour on the Island first. Do an explorer note run. Usually in that time Im between level 30 and 50. Then I transfer. Its a big boost early game.

If you're playing pve I suggest to choose whichever map you like. Once you have the basic ark survival skills and an understanding of the Dinos AI, you'll be fine regardless of where you are. 

Archived