Thoughts on Ice Wyverns

Sylic

[Private/Unofficial PvE Server]

I love the look and sounds (ice breath) - it is by far my favorite Wyvern for appearance reasons. It seems on par with Fire for damage (minus the dot) and the slowing effect from it's breath attack comes in handy - you can keep things out of melee range (not that it's really needed) or keep things from running from you.

Speaking as an xbox player. I can see Fire, Lightning and Poison wyverns so thats a plus, but apparently Ice Wyverns are invisible... Nothing more terrifying than an invisible wild wyvern haha. Scared to go near the snow biome on Ragnarok at the moment.

No idea about utility but the new Ice Wyvern model has my favourite wyvern model out of the 4 types, the thing looks awesome.

6 minutes ago, teamravegreen said:

I love the look and sounds (ice breath) - it is by far my favorite Wyvern for appearance reasons. It seems on par with Fire for damage (minus the dot) and the slowing effect from it's breath attack comes in handy - you can keep things out of melee range (not that it's really needed) or keep things from running from you.

Cant wait to get one to try it out but waiting for the new model on xbox before I grab an egg, to make it even more special. If it functions like the fire that would be great, especially for close combat scenarios as fire is usually my go to for general use, but I can never get over the lightning for pure power of the breath attack. 

They took that sh1t straight out of game of thrones xD I’m pretty sure the ice wyvern reskin came a day or two after the white walkers burned down the wall. Could be a coincidence but if it’s not I certainly don’t blame them. I think they did a brilliant job on them. 

Not really used them much though. Or wyverns general so can’t comment on utility. this was more of a humourus post / bump

The breath doesn't seem to land where you aim it. This isn't lag, I'm on my own server on LAN with less than 10 ping. If it was made more reliable it would definitely be my second favorite behind lightning ones.

They're best utilized to support another non frost wyvern. Their breath attacks can slow their target and the 2nd wyvern can bombard them with breath attacks with better accuracy, leading to neither of them being touched at all. You can make short work of gigas like this. All you do is backpedal while using breath attacks and occasionally fly a little to gain distance again.

On 9/22/2017 at 6:50 PM, teamravegreen said:

Now i want one xD

I really loathe Ice Wyvern debuff effect. Why? Becuase it lasts longer than the time rate of breath attack. It lasts 10 seconds, but Wyvern use frezee breath every 6 seconds. Debuff just stack like eels' one before it was fixed. It is the worst when you use wyvern to kill ice one.

Regarding Ice Wyvern appeariance. I love its dark blue colours, but I dislike the amount of spikes this critter has. 

Archived