New Tek Items

TheImP

Ok so the new patch has dropped and i get the new tek items - BUT i don't, surely after lvl3 ascension i don't have to go and fight anther boss to unlock technically what i should have after lvl3.

Then another question appears in my head, How do i now get said items after moving over from the Island to Rag 2 weeks ago ,cross ark isn't possible in single player!

Any suggestions would be welcome, as i'm sure i'm not the only play with this problem.    >:(:D

21 minutes ago, ImPr3gN4toR said:

Ok so the new patch has dropped and i get the new tek items - BUT i don't, surely after lvl3 ascension i don't have to go and fight anther boss to unlock technically what i should have after lvl3.

Then another question appears in my head, How do i now get said items after moving over from the Island to Rag 2 weeks ago ,cross ark isn't possible in single player!

Any suggestions would be welcome, as i'm sure i'm not the only play with this problem.    >:(:D

You don't need cross ark to travel, only to transfer items. You can still go to an obelisk & upload you character. Startup Rag after & download your character in the character creation screen.

This is ridiculous though.

I really like the fact that they are adding custom TEKgrams to all bosses, but to pick Ragnarok of all maps to get them?
It's an unstable map to say the least. They could have waited until the map was actually complete.

Scorched Earth feels a bit lacking now that Ragnarok is really Scorched Earth on steroids.
The only unique positive SE has now, is the Phoenix.
And to think Ragnarok is free, while SE is a paid for map.

1 hour ago, CompactDisc said:

This is ridiculous though.

I really like the fact that they are adding custom TEKgrams to all bosses, but to pick Ragnarok of all maps to get them?
It's an unstable map to say the least. They could have waited until the map was actually complete.

Scorched Earth feels a bit lacking now that Ragnarok is really Scorched Earth on steroids.
The only unique positive SE has now, is the Phoenix.
And to think Ragnarok is free, while SE is a paid for map.

Ragnarok is free because it's a mod and not part of the core game... They're also not done with Scorched yet, we'll see more content.

Not sure the last time you played Rag, it's pretty stable now. I will however wait till it's finished before making it my main map. It's good to set up a base on for now though. Especially for Black Pearl farming if you have a cluster.

Rag might be a mod, but introducing a map that gives players access to content that previously had to be paid for to experience... that's just taking a poop on everyone who did pay for it.  And now the only way to get the Tek Sword, Tek Shield, or Tek Light is to beat the rag bosses... so yeah... besides the Pheonix, SE has nothing to offer players, which probably won't be for long because the Rag devs are looking into adding the SE weather to the map with the desert addition so Pheonix will probably on Rag too.  Might be a mod map, but it offers more of the game for free.

4 minutes ago, Vynsent said:

Rag might be a mod, but introducing a map that gives players access to content that previously had to be paid for to experience... that's just taking a poop on everyone who did pay for it.  And now the only way to get the Tek Sword, Tek Shield, or Tek Light is to beat the rag bosses... so yeah... besides the Pheonix, SE has nothing to offer players, which probably won't be for long because the Rag devs are looking into adding the SE weather to the map with the desert addition so Pheonix will probably on Rag too.  Might be a mod map, but it offers more of the game for free.

Pheonix will not be on Rag, WC own the map and have said it's a Scorched exclusive.

Scorched content has always been free, the map is what you paid for up until the Pheonix. Everything else was available to all other maps from day one.

7 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Pheonix will not be on Rag, WC own the map and have said it's a Scorched exclusive.

Scorched content has always been free, the map is what you paid for up until the Pheonix. Everything else was available to all other maps from day one.

Odd... I don't remember Jerboas, camels, thorny dragons, wyverns, or mantis being on Island or Center... O.o OH!...Deathworm Beach!... please... WC make it a real thing!

This was and is WC decision, I just don't agree that content I paid for is now free, there was no announcement that SE stuff was going to be on Rag, which is now an official server, if you go to Island and Center, you can't learn certain things because they're 'SE Exclusive'...until you go to Rag... where that means nothing... but this is just me ranting about something I don't personally agree with. oh god... imagine if Abberation stuff gets put onto Rag, the anger would be real then lmao.

15 minutes ago, Vynsent said:

Odd... I don't remember Jerboas, camels, thorny dragons, wyverns, or mantis being on Island or Center... O.o OH!...Deathworm Beach!... please... WC make it a real thing!

This was and is WC decision, I just don't agree that content I paid for is now free, there was no announcement that SE stuff was going to be on Rag, which is now an official server, if you go to Island and Center, you can't learn certain things because they're 'SE Exclusive'...until you go to Rag... where that means nothing... but this is just me ranting about something I don't personally agree with. oh god... imagine if Abberation stuff gets put onto Rag, the anger would be real then lmao.

You can add all Scorched Dino's to any map just by adding the spawning commands to the spawners. Exactly how did you think the rag team did it? There's also several mods that add the code for you if you're not comfortable doing it yourself.

I have them all on my Island servers and have since they came out. Even have alpha Wyverns and Manticores flying around in the wild.

I'd say the biggest problem with the tek items being tied to the Ragnarok boss fight is the chance for the bad transfer design to delete our characters. Especially for those of us who are still on Wildcard's forsaken legacy...servers.

The people of Wildcard obviously don't care and since it's them it's entirely possible they implemented it this way just to create this situation. Fortunately creating a character on Ragnarok and moving items and animals over has a far smaller danger involved. One can simply transfer back the finished items. A lot of extra work but considering the prospect of losing everything I'd say it's a better alternative than risking one's character.

Archived