Ragnarok FAQ

genie45

Here are some frequently asked question about the map 

more  questions will be added 
Source: https://sites.google.com/view/ragnaokfaq/faq

Will the old bosses come back?

• NO, the old (Island) bosses were removed because they are Islands lore and therefore nolonger on other DLCs allowed.

Will more Tek-engrams be added?

• NO. 
  • only the default Engramms from Dragon and Manticore are obtainable

Will there be an other boss encounter?

• NO.
  • There will be no more Tek Bosses but there will be more Bossencounter like the Icequeen and Lavagolem.

When will the map be released?

• We currently aim for a release near the end of this year (2017) 

What´s in the next Update?

• Bugfixes

What about the "Dragon-flying-away" bug?

• We are aware of these but need more informations when it happens and videos showing it 
  • If you want to help tracking that bug down post Videos showing the bug in the discord, please include also informations of what mods you are using, your rates and other settings 
  • we mainly looking for videos showing the issue on offical servers
  • we may found a fix for the issue please help us varify it:

Will there be another Wyvern Scar? 

• most likly not

When will the desert be complete?

• We're looking at 3 - 4 two week periods to release new parts of the Desert (Month and Halfish)

Will there be more caves/buildable caves? 

• Yes 

Will there be more dungeons? 

• Yes, hopefully one for each artifact or at least a more difficult to reach area. 

Will there be new tamable Dinos on Ragnarok? 

• Most likely no unless a new dino is added to the original Island spawns. 
  • Players will however see new boss battles much like the lava golem/Ice Queen that are not tamable. 
  • Unless there is a Bison or Owl added, then those will totally be added to the map :D

Will Aberration spawns be on Ragnarok? 

• No, but players I assume will be able to transfer them unless Wildcard changes something. 

Will the Ragnarok Team be able to use the Aberration assets? 

• There is a good chance of yes to this given that they are released before the end of this year; 2017. 
  • We're hoping to create some new dungeons using these assets. 

Will the Phoenix make an appearance on Ragnarok? 

• Right now we're a hard sell on this, and from a dev stand point want to keep it in Scorched Earth. 
  • We have however been told from WC that we can add the Phoenix if we would like to, so things could change in the future. 

Will the Ragnarok Team add any new biomes after the Desert? 

• After the desert that will be the last of new Biomes. 

What is after the Desert Biome for the Ragnarok Team? 

• We'll be adding new building caves (Caves players can build in) 
  • As well as creating new dungeons to give artifacts a new home. 

Will the Desert Biome have the same weather effects as Scorched Earth?

• Yes.

• We are looking to NOT have the effects on electrical structures

• meaning no effect on Generators or electrical

hopefully these answers help you find answers easier
also regulary check the original link as we add more from time to time and may need some time till its updated here too 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, genie45 said:

its a dlc just get it and you play it 

Please try to download it from anywhere from you think its the right place, and please let me know when you are success ... I am willing to play this map already!

Thanks in advance! :)

First attempt:
[2017-10-13 00:35:53] RequestAppInfoUpdate: nNumAppIDs 1
[2017-10-13 00:35:53] ProductInfoChanges: change number 0->3528056, apps: 0/0, packages: 0/0
[2017-10-13 00:35:53] UpdatesJob: requesting 691 apps, 5 packages (meta data, 1024 prev attempts)
[2017-10-13 00:35:54] UpdatesJob: requested 213 access tokens, 0 received, 213 denied
[2017-10-13 00:35:54] UpdatesJob: downloaded 1 apps via HTTP, 8 KB (2 KB compressed)
[2017-10-13 00:35:54] UpdatesJob: requesting 1 apps, 0 packages (full data, 1024 prev attempts)
[2017-10-13 00:35:54] UpdatesJob: finished OK, nAppsUpdated 2 (13 KB), nPackagesUpdated 0 (0 KB)
[2017-10-13 00:35:54] Starting async write D:\Games\Valve\SteamCmd/appcache/appinfo.vdf (982285 bytes)

[2017-10-13 00:35:54] Failed installing AppID 642250 (No subscription)

*** I can not subscribe to this content .. i can download it via a button in WS .. but this is the result of the "click" .. (~ this is actually a SteamCMD try result ~)

7 hours ago, Skillerian said:

Please try to download it from anywhere from you think its the right place, and please let me know when you are success ... I am willing to play this map already!

Thanks in advance! :)

First attempt:
[2017-10-13 00:35:53] ProductInfoChanges: change number 0->3528056, apps: 0/0, packages: 0/0
[2017-10-13 00:35:53] UpdatesJob: requesting 691 apps, 5 packages (meta data, 1024 prev attempts)
[2017-10-13 00:35:54] UpdatesJob: requested 213 access tokens, 0 received, 213 denied
[2017-10-13 00:35:54] UpdatesJob: downloaded 1 apps via HTTP, 8 KB (2 KB compressed)
[2017-10-13 00:35:54] UpdatesJob: requesting 1 apps, 0 packages (full data, 1024 prev attempts)
[2017-10-13 00:35:54] UpdatesJob: finished OK, nAppsUpdated 2 (13 KB), nPackagesUpdated 0 (0 KB)
[2017-10-13 00:35:54] Starting async write D:\Games\Valve\SteamCmd/appcache/appinfo.vdf (982285 bytes)

[2017-10-13 00:35:54] Failed installing AppID 642250 (No subscription)

*** I can not subscribe to this content .. i can download it via a button in WS .. but this is the result of the "click" .. (~ this is actually a SteamCMD try result ~)

can you join our discord we just had something similar there maybe the convo will help you over there

Hi is the next update for ragnarok going to fix the graphical bugs bc all my griffins look exactly the same upon relogging back on after taming despite 2 had all black feathers and orange face and and a tan bodies the second griffin I tamed b4 the 2 recent ones had brown feathers and a noticeable orange body (could spot that one across the map lol) but when I log back in their colors are all same even the Ice Wyverns even though one was black with white spikes and another was blue with black spikes now they look like normal Ice Wyverns all blue but not in a blue world.(dah buh dee dah buh dai)

Forgot to mention I'm playing single player on xbox didn't know how to let you guys know other than twitter

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:07 AM, genie45 said:

• We're looking at 3 - 4 two week periods to release new parts of the Desert (Month and Halfish)

• Yes.

Hey,

I understand this is a busy time of the year for any dead lines but just curious if we can get an updated time table for releases of the map? Not a complaint, just asking for transparency.

Will the Jerboa be able to predict weather conditions server wide? Note: They seem to already attempt to predict things now.

Will the weather effects bleed over to other parts of the island or the SE islands in the SW?

Thanks for all the work done already! :)

On 13.11.2017 at 9:55 AM, DeFF said:

Is there a modified x6 cave damage at ragnarok map? for example ice cave or viking bay cave?

all caves have 6x damage 

19 minutes ago, ManGorilla said:

Hey,

I understand this is a busy time of the year for any dead lines but just curious if we can get an updated time table for releases of the map? Not a complaint, just asking for transparency.

Will the Jerboa be able to predict weather conditions server wide? Note: They seem to already attempt to predict things now.

Will the weather effects bleed over to other parts of the island or the SE islands in the SW?

Thanks for all the work done already! :)

full release is still planned for the end of year 

the jerboa will warn you,  yes 

weather effects will be region based but some will be global 

On 9/22/2017 at 4:07 AM, genie45 said:

Here are some frequently asked question about the map 

more  questions will be added 
Source: https://sites.google.com/view/ragnaokfaq/faq

Will the old bosses come back?

• NO, the old (Island) bosses were removed because they are Islands lore and therefore nolonger on other DLCs allowed.

Will more Tek-engrams be added?

• NO. 
  • only the default Engramms from Dragon and Manticore are obtainable

Will there be an other boss encounter?

• NO.
  • There will be no more Tek Bosses but there will be more Bossencounter like the Icequeen and Lavagolem.

When will the map be released?

• We currently aim for a release near the end of this year (2017) 

What´s in the next Update?

• Bugfixes

What about the "Dragon-flying-away" bug?

• We are aware of these but need more informations when it happens and videos showing it 
  • If you want to help tracking that bug down post Videos showing the bug in the discord, please include also informations of what mods you are using, your rates and other settings 
  • we mainly looking for videos showing the issue on offical servers
  • we may found a fix for the issue please help us varify it:

Will there be another Wyvern Scar? 

• most likly not

Will there be more caves/buildable caves? 

• Yes 

Will there be more dungeons? 

• Yes, hopefully one for each artifact or at least a more difficult to reach area. 

Will there be new tamable Dinos on Ragnarok? 

• Most likely no unless a new dino is added to the original Island spawns. 
  • Players will however see new boss battles much like the lava golem/Ice Queen that are not tamable. 
  • Unless there is a Bison or Owl added, then those will totally be added to the map :D

Will Aberration spawns be on Ragnarok? 

• No, but players I assume will be able to transfer them unless Wildcard changes something. 

Will the Ragnarok Team be able to use the Aberration assets? 

• There is a good chance of yes to this given that they are released before the end of this year; 2017. 
  • We're hoping to create some new dungeons using these assets. 

Will the Phoenix make an appearance on Ragnarok? 

• Right now we're a hard sell on this, and from a dev stand point want to keep it in Scorched Earth. 
  • We have however been told from WC that we can add the Phoenix if we would like to, so things could change in the future. 

Will the Ragnarok Team add any new biomes after the Desert? 

• After the desert that will be the last of new Biomes. 

What is after the Desert Biome for the Ragnarok Team? 

• We'll be adding new building caves (Caves players can build in) 
  • As well as creating new dungeons to give artifacts a new home. 

• Yes.

hopefully these answers help you find answers easier
also regulary check the original link as we add more from time to time and may need some time till its updated here too 

Cant wait For it.  SUPER happy that you intent to not put the effects on electricity in it.

12 hours ago, genie45 said:

all caves have 6x damage 

Well. The question is what is the cave? ice "entrance to the main ice cave" is a cave? two sided archway with waterfall in canyon is a cave? huge territory under ice cave is a cave?

Moreover. i've tested. put metal foundation inside the viking bay cave and outside. the foundation inside takes 3x damage EXACTLY. not the 6x. (10632 in cave and usual 3544 outside the cave) why everyone's saing it's x6? while it's x3???

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, MudPuppy said:

Now that PS4 has the desert biome, I am not seeing any SE weather other than rain. Though my jerboa has (twice now) alarmed for a lightning storm, it just turns out to be rain. No heat waves, no lightning storms, no sand storms... is this intended @genie45?

Came here looking for the same information.  Pretty sure heat waves are in the game. I have a tek pyramid built into an adobe pyramid in the desert.  I never overheat inside the pyramid because I assumed the adobe covering it stopped the heat. For the first time last night I was burning in my own tek building, I went to a separate room which is a pure adobe hallway in the same building, and I was a perfect temperature, went back into tek pyramid and I overheated again.  I had Jerboa's in the room and did not notice any type of notification, but I believe this was certainly a heat wave. Hasn't happened all weekend, last night was the first time. 

Archived