Griffin (peter) and black pearls

The1trueGodMe

So I have been trying using great heights and aiming for smallest targets of trilobites to get black pearls amongst other things.  

It is shown that the griffin is the Number one harvester for black pearls but for the love of god I have not got a single successful attempt. take in to account that the moment a griff touches water you are removed from it as a mount .

Has anyone had any success with this and if so how ?

sorry if another topic on this exists I have searched  and I have found nothing relating the the 2.

I did pull one up last night with grapple and me an my partner eventually killed it stupidly small target and harvested 4 black pearls but it was x2 and was the same as the basilo i shall re try later on now it is x1 its only way to be sure I guess.. kinda thinking it maybe from trilobites perhaps :/

Dude, pickaxe. I took three hours on 1X with an itchy, killing eurypterids with crossbow then dismounting and harvesting with pick. Takes four or five shots with a decent crossbow for even high level ones. Yes, there are dangers in the water. That is why it took three hours. Farmed 160 black pearls. Then tamed a squid on 2X that had just started with two sacrificial turtles.

Lotta trouble dragging eurypterids out of the water and hoping to dive bomb smash them with a griffin.

19 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

Maybe use a Grappling Hook or Kapro to drag the Euryp to shore, then use your Griffin to kill it, then use its diving swipe or slam to harvest? I wasn't aware of people saying the Griffin was a super Black Pearl harvester. Last I had heard, Basilo and Daeodon were the way to go

Dododex shows Griffin as the top gatherer of black pearls then daeodon, then otter and then hyeanadon, just checked just now. Doesnt make sense to me.

44 minutes ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

Dude, pickaxe. I took three hours on 1X with an itchy, killing eurypterids with crossbow then dismounting and harvesting with pick. Takes four or five shots with a decent crossbow for even high level ones. Yes, there are dangers in the water. That is why it took three hours. Farmed 160 black pearls. Then tamed a squid on 2X that had just started with two sacrificial turtles.

Lotta trouble dragging eurypterids out of the water and hoping to dive bomb smash them with a griffin.

He was talking about trilobites

Oh. That is a tiny target too. Is likely I have gotten black pearls from them and not noticed. I have farmed them in underworld on center with squid for chitin and gotten a few black pearls in there. I just figured it was a stray eurypterid or two in there. 

Ouch on farming trilobites for black pearls. I thought what I had done was kind of rough.

This is much more difficult.

I will try record a video later of both must be something to the dododex claim of being top gatherer I will drag up an eu later its not to hard swim down on basilo grapling it an head up as fast as poss lol will have gf waiting to pummel it using me as the target an see how it goes

then again with trilo at least a trilo wont kick my ass an torp me out lol 

trilobyte and sea scorpions are one way of getting black pearls. Did you know there are black clams on ragnarok where you can harvest 3-12 black pearls by hand and are really common? Literally had a teammate spend three days getting 250 pearls from sea scorpions and then someone else went and picked up around 400 in two hours by hand. I would pass on the trilobyte/griffin and get a dolphin with movement speed and weight and start rolling in those pearls. 

4 hours ago, Baton said:

Dododex has rating that is created by players, so better check off wiki ;)

Funnily enough it didnt cross my mind until after i posted that comment. Wiki says therizino and megaladon best for harvesting. Makes a bit more sense. Time to start breeding 02 stats into theris ;)

3 hours ago, X111 said:

or an Anglia fish thing

see a youtube video, the guy ran around on the creature and was collecating normal pearls at about 150 per bite of a clam and just normal harvesting by hand the black pearls

Was that the Nerd Parade video ? Always worth remembering that they have increased rates on that server. Saying that, Angler does seem to be the way to go outside of collecting pearls in Scorched, havent tried it myself yet. Still amazed that you can apparantly harvest black pearls by hand. 

On 9/22/2017 at 3:22 AM, The1trueGodMe said:

So I have been trying using great heights and aiming for smallest targets of trilobites to get black pearls amongst other things.  

It is shown that the griffin is the Number one harvester for black pearls but for the love of god I have not got a single successful attempt. take in to account that the moment a griff touches water you are removed from it as a mount .

Has anyone had any success with this and if so how ?

sorry if another topic on this exists I have searched  and I have found nothing relating the the 2.

I wouldnt trust dododexes gathering list. And nothing seems to be really good at gathering black pearls, just get a high melee, imprinted dino and you should be fine

28 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Funnily enough it didnt cross my mind until after i posted that comment. Wiki says therizino and megaladon best for harvesting. Makes a bit more sense. Time to start breeding 02 stats into theris ;)

Was that the Nerd Parade video ? Always worth remembering that they have increased rates on that server. Saying that, Angler does seem to be the way to go outside of collecting pearls in Scorched, havent tried it myself yet. Still amazed that you can apparantly harvest black pearls by hand. 

it was their video I believe.

I have an outpost on SE, fly around the map on a grif with a AC whip, think I got 1k pearls in a single circuit once

x2 makes me giggle with glee lol

Archived