Auto decay

MisbegottenAngel

Did they change the auto decay timers? We put some pillars with ladders up around our base because another tribe is taking up an insane amount of land around us, and we wanted to make sure we had the room we would need to expand later. I was last on 4 days ago, demolish timer is 12 days. Why did my pillars with ladders auto decay in less than 4? 

And now that that tribe has pillared and built right up to our base blocking us from expanding, and blocking pathways.

Wildcard screwed up their auto decay timers. And they refuse to talk about it.

Be glad you have not had dinos auto decay when they tame. Or be killed by the servers because they render in with a tail or head sticking through their pen. 

Because that is also a thing now. 

We've gone from hoping they fix it to just looking towards the next patch with dread at how many of our dinos they are going to kill with some ill thought out patch.

Now I long for the days when all they did was ninja nerf dinos with no patch notes and then lie about it.

1 minute ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

Wildcard screwed up their auto decay timers. And they refuse to talk about it.

Be glad you have not had dinos auto decay when they tame. Or be killed by the servers because they render in with a tail or head sticking through their pen. 

Because that is also a thing now. 

We've gone from hoping they fix it to just looking towards the next patch with dread at how many of our dinos they are going to kill with some ill thought out patch.

Now I long for the days when all they did was ninja nerf dinos with no patch notes and then lie about it.

Well crap! Thanks for responding with the info, I appreciate it.

22 minutes ago, Zxar said:

Ah that totally explains why I lost all my dinos the other day on my legacy server.  logged in and should have had two more days... shoot I still had food in the troughs but no dinos to eat it. 

Did tribe log state that they auto decayed? Because now, with the stasis nerf, dinos just do not eat unless rendered in. Instead (brilliant idea WC), dinos have all of their STEADY food loss applied at once. First. Upon render. THEN, if they live, ONE dino will eat first till full from ONE trough. Then the next dino and so on and so on.

However, if, you render them in, and they have a low food stat, Insta death. Bag on the ground, no message except for tribe log stating they starved.

But, if tribe log just says killed, you have fallen victim to the tail or head clip through wall or ceiling server murder of your dinos.

I wondered if tribe log stopped telling you what killed your dinos for a while because we kept getting messages of death with no means of death in tribe log. Nope. We had an icthy killed last night by a jellyfish. Level 20 cnidaria.

So yeah, no message on how it died, just killed, server killed it through a patch the devs implemented about a week ago.

Ahhh...takes me back to the good old days when rendering in a billboard would cause Instant death of your character. The level of trolling in those days was real. Even worked on PVE servers I heard.

People are wondering why servers are not full and leave official ark. For me it is obvious. If I fight on official to build and progress just to find all of a sudden structures auto decay. I feel more foundation-wiped than in any PvP. I am not good at this game and I constantly die. The struggle is real.

If my crop plot is destroyed by a dino I laugh about it. If a crop plot gets destroyed by auto-decay while I am playing the game in my home base. I feel violated.

In another tread I started to find a solution but suddenly I feel. What is the point. If structures and dinos continue to auto-decay.

Right now I am just waiting for WC to official correct the new game play and rollback the servers.

I logged in on legacy and logged out a few minutes later. Returned the next day and all structures had auto decayed. In fact whole bases where gone in the area (not my tribe).

This auto decay feature have destroyed, wiped and gutted legacy.

I got warning points from this forum just for asking about it.

15 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

People are wondering why servers are not full and leave official ark. For me it is obvious. If I fight on official to build and progress just to find all of a sudden structures auto decay. I feel more foundation-wiped than in any PvP. I am not good at this game and I constantly die. The struggle is real.

If my crop plot is destroyed by a dino I laugh about it. If a crop plot gets destroyed by auto-decay while I am playing the game in my home base. I feel violated.

In another tread I started to find a solution but suddenly I feel. What is the point. If structures and dinos continue to auto-decay.

Right now I am just waiting for WC to official correct the new game play and rollback the servers.

I logged in on legacy and logged out a few minutes later. Returned the next day and all structures had auto decayed. In fact whole bases where gone in the area (not my tribe).

This auto decay feature have destroyed, wiped and gutted legacy.

I got warning points from this forum just for asking about it.

My dear, sweet person. The moderators here do not like anyone to question them or the workings of their dev overlords. Warning points of that nature merely mean you are poking an open wound that they know about and are not getting any word on a fix from the devs, as the devs abandoned their "Official Forums" a long time back for the much more popular Reddit. Unfortunately, Reddit being more public and popular means that more people see and hear the things you post there. Unfortunate for them, that is. Some of the mods here crossover to both Steam and Reddit, but i highly suggest posting problems there and ignoring the ticket trolls. Ticket trills know tickets do not het answered, but by all means open one. Then, after you have been a squeaky embarrassing wheel in your posting on Reddit for a while, you will have a ticket number to give to the exasperated GM or dev that can actually do something.

Also, be sure when the automatic response robot from their ticket review section threatens you with closing your ticket after two days of it being open, respond to the robot. Or it will close your ticket. And no one will ever see it, much less address it.

Yes, they have a program that scans for keywords in a ticket and sends you a garbled message based off of keywords in your ticket. So the human that finally shows up if you manage to keep the robot from deleting your ticket only has a vague idea based off of keywords in your ticket.

This response will probably get deleted, but since you seem to be subscribed to this thread, you may get a chance to see it. Good luck, from one of the few honest people here.

On 9/21/2017 at 9:08 PM, ducttapefixeseverything said:

Did tribe log state that they auto decayed? Because now, with the stasis nerf, dinos just do not eat unless rendered in. Instead (brilliant idea WC), dinos have all of their STEADY food loss applied at once. First. Upon render. THEN, if they live, ONE dino will eat first till full from ONE trough. Then the next dino and so on and so on.

However, if, you render them in, and they have a low food stat, Insta death. Bag on the ground, no message except for tribe log stating they starved.

But, if tribe log just says killed, you have fallen victim to the tail or head clip through wall or ceiling server murder of your dinos.

I wondered if tribe log stopped telling you what killed your dinos for a while because we kept getting messages of death with no means of death in tribe log. Nope. We had an icthy killed last night by a jellyfish. Level 20 cnidaria.

So yeah, no message on how it died, just killed, server killed it through a patch the devs implemented about a week ago.

Ahhh...takes me back to the good old days when rendering in a billboard would cause Instant death of your character. The level of trolling in those days was real. Even worked on PVE servers I heard.

In this case it said auto-decay on the dinos unfortunately

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:42 AM, MisbegottenAngel said:

Did they change the auto decay timers? We put some pillars with ladders up around our base because another tribe is taking up an insane amount of land around us, and we wanted to make sure we had the room we would need to expand later. I was last on 4 days ago, demolish timer is 12 days. Why did my pillars with ladders auto decay in less than 4? 

And now that that tribe has pillared and built right up to our base blocking us from expanding, and blocking pathways.

Why don't you just blow up their base/wipe them? That's how I solve problems with my neighbours.

Archived