Transfering between servers: Are people losing characters?

JetJaguar

Just now, JetJaguar said:

Was gonna setup a base on a Rag server this weekend (New servers) but keep hearing about people losing characters during transfers and/or rollbacks. Is this really still a thing? I know this was going on months ago with Rag during the beta..but now live, I assumed this was fixed?

It's a data upload so there is always a chance for it to be corrupted in any medium. Best bet is to create a separate Rag character since you can just upload stuff at the obselik on one server and download with alternate character on the other server if you are worried about losing your character.

If you are a solo tribe it is almost necessary to do it that way thus you may lose everything on one server. Even fast traveling can cause this issue on the same server. It's a new server so WC should help in the event you lose your character but it has long ticket times and they will only replace you to a certain level. 

Yes. You still lose characters. One guy, in an allied tribe, has lost his character five times. On the new, official servers.

So the bug is still present on their new, high speed cool non DDOS, dupe proof servers.

I think their new servers are like the thorny dragon. A reskinned beaver that has one extra feature that does not make it any better really than the old.

Archived