Spotlight: Terror Bird [+ Grappling Hook!], Patch 235, and the Steam Sale!

Jatheish

1 hour ago, ArkStation said:

Aren't they supposed to add a new dossier every Monday? And if they never update Xbox one I'm gonna stop playing cause we haven't had an update in a month.

It requires approval through Microsoft before an update can be released, and because of the thousands of games that are on Microsoft platforms, Wildcard can have an update ready to go but it takes a few weeks for Microsoft to release it. 

On PC, updates are pushed out whenever because Steam allows it. (as far as I'm aware)

It's not Wildcard being lazy.. 

1 hour ago, ArkStation said:

Aren't they supposed to add a new dossier every Monday? And if they never update Xbox one I'm gonna stop playing cause we haven't had an update in a month.

9 hours ago, Redwolf4700 said:

When will we see this update on Xbox one? ?

I literally answered both of the above questions on page 3. Make sure you are up to date on your info before you comment, it clutters threads and the forum in general and it's not fun to answer the same question over and over again.

7 minutes ago, Captain said:

It requires approval through Microsoft before an update can be released, and because of the thousands of games that are on Microsoft platforms, Wildcard can have an update ready to go but it takes a few weeks for Microsoft to release it. 

On PC, updates are pushed out whenever because Steam allows it. (as far as I'm aware)

It's not Wildcard being lazy.. 

I'd assume that since this is a Game Preview, Microsoft has less authority for when the updates come out. This is because the game hasn't officially released, and Wildcard needs to have everything up and ready to go that they have planned for when the game comes out. Just my thoughts. It's probably easier for Wildcard to bunch updates together on the Xbox, as they've had plenty of time to tinker with the things in the 2 previous updates on PC so there should be less bugs and issues.

You have to remember that Wildcard is still learning what to do and not to do on the Xbox, so updates will come out slower than they do on PC, as they are more familiar with the latter version. It definitely isn't Wildcard being lazy, it's just them being smart about how they release their updates.

I have to say I saw someone comment about the Terror bird looking like a Chocobo and I have to agree 100% It really does. Im really hoping to get some form of Dino war paint on X1, Maybe not the full dino war paint but something because this is one Dino I would paint all yellow, lmao! Other then that Wildcard your doing awesome loving this game minus all the glitches that keep appearing, but i know in due time it'll ail be fixed! 

Dude you are a raptoring genius, that is the best solo quezal taming method I have ever heard of, Welp I guess I tamed a scorpion for nothing

On 2/5/2016 at 1:01 PM, Shebeatsyoui said:

Grappling trilobites so I don't have to chase them everywhere will make my day. Would be a nice way to solo tame the Quetzal as long as you can shoot while hanging on :P

And love the part where you drag the poor chap. Yeehaw. 

Excuse me, everyone... You know how they got that grapplehook coming out? Well, if you want some really useful stuff to be implemented into the game that I will suggest just get it talked about a bunch. Do these items seem reasonable?:

Raft upgrade to a boat, for bigger space and triple/4x item load. 

Tether pole an  rope so rafts & boats can tow each other.

Armor for most mounts of wood armor, chitin armor, and metal.

New water animals.

Be able to equip a sword and spear and pike on most small (pachy, scorpion, wolf, sabercat) and small-medium (parasaur) mounts, then swing in an arc left or right by using LB+LT/RT or stab forward using LB+RT+LT.

Rendering.

SOOooo... what does everyone think of this combination of suggestions/desires for the Ark team to hopefully look into?

I agree completely the grappling hook is cool and all but you sir a speak the truth and only the truth

9 hours ago, UMSFStealthed said:

Excuse me, everyone... You know how they got that grapplehook coming out? Well, if you want some really useful stuff to be implemented into the game that I will suggest just get it talked about a bunch. Do these items seem reasonable?:

Raft upgrade to a boat, for bigger space and triple/4x item load. 

Tether pole an  rope so rafts & boats can tow each other.

Armor for most mounts of wood armor, chitin armor, and metal.

New water animals.

SOOooo... what does everyone think of this combination of suggestions/desires for the Ark team to hopefully look into?

On 2/9/2016 at 9:37 AM, DrakonOverlord said:

Dude you are a raptoring genius, that is the best solo quezal taming method I have ever heard of, Welp I guess I tamed a scorpion for nothing

As long as we can shoot and hang-on hehe. Maybe they'll make it like Just cause and attach the Quetzal to a tree so it cant fly away haha. #dreams

Be a good way to wrangle some dinos. Hop on the trex and say giddy up!