Local Hosted Game MUTATIONS

FUBARZOMBIE

Hey all,  I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting any mutations on a local hosted single player game.   I have bred a couple rexes and then bred their babies. From there I have hatched about 40 rexes and none have had a single mutation yet. Is there a setting I may have accidentally checked. I know mutations are random but I know on Official Servers I would get mutations as soon as 4-5 breedings on a lot of creatures. I was wondering if it is different for local games. Please help. THank you!

32 minutes ago, FUBARZOMBIE said:

Thanks. Do you think 40 + rexes is too long to have 0 mutations or do I need to be more patient.

Be more patient. About 4 months ago, I started breeding Thylas for color mutations. I did not get my first color mutation until I had over 80 babies born. I was then treated with a single Neon Green main body female. The next night I got Hot Pink stomachs, Blue bodies, green bodies and yellow bodies. Then nothing for another 50-75 babies. Then another spurt of Mint, Purple, Light Pink, Light Blue, Blaze Orange and Lavender color mutations.  The whole time I was trying for a Cyan mutation.  I didn't get that until I had over 400 babies born.

I then moved to Argentavis color mutations, and didn't get my first mutation until around the 50 egg hatch. End the end, I hatched well over 1000 eggs, YES 1000. And By then I managed to get nearly every color and zone I wanted.

My suggestion is to breed parents that look the same color-wise. And only breed parents that have less that 20 out of 20 mutations.  If you get a color you want, don't breed it with your Wild "normal" color dinos. Unless you are specifically looking for a mix of the two parents colors. Otherwise, keep breeding the same color parents endlessly. Be prepared to kill any babies that don't fit what you are looking for. Especially the males.  I would also suggest building a good breeding pen, that is at least 1 story ABOVE the ground, so that any eggs/babies that fall thru the floor will rest on the surface. Otherwise you can get babies glitching thru the ground and hatching out of sight and slowing down you gameplay.

It takes time to get many color mutations, but it is so worth it, when you finally do!

31 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Be more patient. About 4 months ago, I started breeding Thylas for color mutations. I did not get my first color mutation until I had over 80 babies born. I was then treated with a single Neon Green main body female. The next night I got Hot Pink stomachs, Blue bodies, green bodies and yellow bodies. Then nothing for another 50-75 babies. Then another spurt of Mint, Purple, Light Pink, Light Blue, Blaze Orange and Lavender color mutations.  The whole time I was trying for a Cyan mutation.  I didn't get that until I had over 400 babies born.

I then moved to Argentavis color mutations, and didn't get my first mutation until around the 50 egg hatch. End the end, I hatched well over 1000 eggs, YES 1000. And By then I managed to get nearly every color and zone I wanted.

My suggestion is to breed parents that look the same color-wise. And only breed parents that have less that 20 out of 20 mutations.  If you get a color you want, don't breed it with your Wild "normal" color dinos. Unless you are specifically looking for a mix of the two parents colors. Otherwise, keep breeding the same color parents endlessly. Be prepared to kill any babies that don't fit what you are looking for. Especially the males.  I would also suggest building a good breeding pen, that is at least 1 story ABOVE the ground, so that any eggs/babies that fall thru the floor will rest on the surface. Otherwise you can get babies glitching thru the ground and hatching out of sight and slowing down you gameplay.

It takes time to get many color mutations, but it is so worth it, when you finally do!

Awesome Thank you guys so much. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt wasting my time. 

Archived