Hyena and salts

RaiderofthelostARK

I'm afraid I don't have the answer but I am now curious as well. Hope someone knows this.

Edit: I found the answer directly from the wiki page: Placing preserving salt inside a Hyaenodon's inventory which also has a saddle bag, has the potential to increase the spoil timer of applicable items to 16x longer than in a player inventory. Notably, wyvern milk and organic polymer are not affected by the saddle bag's special ability

7 minutes ago, PaleoJoe said:

Would it not be quicker to go to singleplayer, spawn in what you need, and test it? Or go to the wiki page about it?

I do not know the answer to your question.

Since he didn't @ you, you could of easily bypassed his topic rather than comment very ignorant like. Also the information is not available on the preserving salt or meatpack or hyaendeon wiki page.

OP: According to reddit from 2 months ago it appears salts could be used in the meatpack. 

2 hours ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

Can you place salts on the meat pack? Also does this affect milk?

Tried it... It only works for meat items, not berrys, milk, custom food, or miscellaneous crafted spoil items.

Actually with salts it gets the same timer as a preserving bin... Devs must have wanted it to be like this.

3 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Since he didn't @ you, you could of easily bypassed his topic rather than comment very ignorant like. Also the information is not available on the preserving salt or meatpack or hyaendeon wiki page.

OP: According to reddit from 2 months ago it appears salts could be used in the meatpack. 

I prefer to teach someone how to fish rather than give them a fish. They could be waiting, wasting their time for a reply while they could go and figure it out himself. Also, asking the official server they are on, if that is the case, would also provide an answer.

8 minutes ago, PaleoJoe said:

I prefer to teach someone how to fish rather than give them a fish. They could be waiting, wasting their time for a reply while they could go and figure it out himself. Also, asking the official server they are on, if that is the case, would also provide an answer.

At woooooork

57 minutes ago, PaleoJoe said:

It that what you call it? I had a completely different phrase in my mind for what I thought of you for this response... but he is working and it is not safe for work. 

Don't worry, though. I will teach you to fish. You did not help anyone... if you thought he was waiting you could have answered his question. Instead you came off as arrogant and self righteous. It would have been better for you to have never said anything at all than prove to the community what kind of person you are. Hope this helps you for future posts. :)

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, brenon45 said:

Tried it... It only works for meat items, not berrys, milk, custom food, or miscellaneous crafted spoil items.

Actually with salts it gets the same timer as a preserving bin... Devs must have wanted it to be like this.

That's because the Hyena saddle pack is created specifically for the preservation of various meats rather than for overall food items.

23 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

That's because the Hyena saddle pack is created specifically for the preservation of various meats rather than for overall food items.

Yes its stated in the wiki its only for meat based items, but for testing reasons we like to try any ways.

Still wonder why the disabled putting preserving salts in a preserving bin, or atleast on ragnarok its disabled, any reason you might know why ciabattaroll ?

Salt expands the preservation time of any applicable item (basically any food item) while as others mentioned meatpack only effects, meat. So for meat you could combine the two for a hefty boost but sticking say, wyvern milk into a meatpack would be no different than sticking it into any other dinos inventory. (which I suppose is still better than having it in your own inventory)  Hyaenas also reduce the weight of all meats including spoiled meat when wearing a meatpack which allows them to carry a obscene amount of meat, Iv been taming them anytime a 140+ lands on my doorstep sense official launch (On ps4, its considerably easier to do on console than PC , at least for PVE) and they are fantastic hunting dogs because they are treated as 'small' dinos other ridable dinos dont get stuck on them (but the reverse is not true, they will get stuck on your dinos untill you walk through them) and high end ones on OFFICIAL can get 4-5k health and 400+ melee, combined with pack bonus and pack leader along with the armor from meatpacks they are quite handy, only drawbacks is they suck at swimming, easily knocked back and cant be grappling hooked so if they fall down a hole in a cave you need like a kapro to get them out.

4 hours ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

It that what you call it? I had a completely different phrase in my mind for what I thought of you for this response... but he is working and it is not safe for work. 

Don't worry, though. I will teach you to fish. You did not help anyone... if you thought he was waiting you could have answered his question. Instead you came off as arrogant and self righteous. It would have been better for you to have never said anything at all than prove to the community what kind of person you are. Hope this helps you for future posts. :)

Kids and lazy people can easy go to a forum and post a question. Not everyone is aware of the possibilities open to them. Re-read my initial post without emotion, and it will come off as I intended: making you use metacognition. How am I supposed to know he is at work? He did not mention that in his post. Why is everyone on my butt about this? I was helping out someone in need by giving them information that they can use in the future, I have done that many times by pointing out apps, websites, youtube videos, and my own personal 500+ word explanations.

Stop being so emotional people, and use your brains. Those that are quick to judge are always wrong.

• Volunteer Moderator

just stop...

doesn't matter if he is at work or on the pooper he can post a question on these forums whenever he wants as long as the rules are followed, same applies to everyone. lets just get back to the topic or go elsewhere.

@PaleoJoe even without "emotion" your first post does kinda come off snarky, but i get what you were going for, no harm no foul:)

Archived