Most Useless Dino?

TINYMAN

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most useless-Araneo(as long as it can't climb,this one is really useless.Most useful-Therizinosaurus(gathers fiber,wood,puts to sleep and is very powerful killing machine.Most beautiful-Allosaurus(amazing,detailed model,animations and sound.The ugliest-after Sabertooth remake,definitely dire Wolf.The bigger dissappointment-liopleurodon. Do i have to say more about this temporary water sausage?    

6 minutes ago, Tatarnikov said:

Most useless-Araneo(as long as it can't climb,this one is really useless.Most useful-Therizinosaurus(gathers fiber,wood,puts to sleep and is very powerful killing machine.Most beautiful-Allosaurus(amazing,detailed model,animations and sound.The ugliest-after Sabertooth remake,definitely dire Wolf.The bigger dissappointment-liopleurodon. Do i have to say more about this temporary water sausage?    

how to make araneo fun to use:

give it spiderman skills! (sling with web) a dino grappling hook if you want

many people would probably use it to go caving

I would say that the jerboa is the most useless when its been moved to the Island other then sitting there looking super cute. Most useless on SE would probably be the jug bug that gives oil, reason being is that oil pumps are super common in drops and even if you dont have your own most PVE players keep it unlocked for everyone who needs it to use. Most useless spawn on the Island is probably the Igonadon, altho it gets berries and can seed them, its just as easy to get those items on the daily with a trike/stego/bronto and so on. and rapter is faster in speed so your better off on it for moving from point a to point b.

On 2017-09-21 at 1:07 PM, LittleRedReaper said:

Definitely Titans-- They are hard to kill unless you have a good giga or a flock of wyverns and they give no real reward for the kill besides Xp. I was really hyped for them. I wanted to tame and build a giant base on one, but alas, that was all smoke and mirrors. Now in pve they are only used for griefing. 

Everyone is saying diplos are useless and yes for the most part they are, but I have used them to run across the island when I couldn't access a flyer. They are damn fast on land.

I think quetz are the most useless. Yeah they can carry things  and stand on when I can't reach something. Since the nerf they are painfully slow-- so slow I don't use them for anything but carrying big things from one spot to another or demolishing things I can't reach. The stam drains relatively fast and it takes about 20 minutes to get from east to west coast. You have to stop a million times. I hate them. I loved my quetz pre-nerf. It is absolutely ruined in PvE now.

Quetz is literally a top 3 most useful dino... if not THE most useful dino!!!!

3 hours ago, LittleRedReaper said:

That's why this is an opinion thread. It's absolutely useless to me.

Yeah, in my opinion, if you don't think a quetzal is useful, you are limited in more ways than one... if you know what I mean.

3 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

A train of 2 or more Argents can carry the same load amounts as one quetzal and they are far less time consuming to tame up anyways. The flying platform saddle is nice though. ?

Fair enough if you are solo and hand farming you are correct, argents are very capable :). However, in a tribe environment, the quetzal is most valuable when coupled with an anky for easily the most efficient metal farming. You can fill 5 industrial forges as fast as they can make ingots. Quetz just carries anky around as it swings at metal.

I liked the quetz before the nerf but now I use a good pick and my Argy, can carry over 2.5k fend for it self against most things and means I haven't got a way too slow bird and an Anky to look after when i get metal.

Most useless dino now to me that was great is quetz it just too painful to use now followed by any temp tame dino

14 hours ago, LittleRedReaper said:

Ahhh yes, nice way to insult someone. My opinion is my opinion, if you don't like it, move on. Don't sit there and say I am "limited in more ways than one". That's just rude and uncalled for.

If you take that as an insult, that's fine... lol? But I ment limited in more ways than one as in...

...you can't farm metal as efficiently on a large scale with any means other than an anky&quetz combo with 2 people. You can't build a quetzal catcher without a quetzal. You can't build beds on a mobile airborne raiding unit without a quetzal. Some things you can use a wyvern for, but they have worse weight, terrible turn radius, and poor aiming mechanics for dropping dinos in a taming pen. You can box in the rider on a quetzal so you can't get picked/sniped or hit by a thyla/purlovia.

It is not my intention to insult your intelligence or force my opinion on you; I am simply presenting facts that may enlighten you and better your playstyle. If you choose to live in the dark, that is entirely up to you and your opinion. Don't let an opinion prevent you from enlightenment.

Quetzal is an extreeeeemly useful dino, and even if you hate it, and never use it.... how can you say it is the "most" useless... cummon wake up. :)

Definitely Archaeopteryx

If this dino was an actual shoulder mount and acted like a parachute when you accidently jumped off your flyer or when you were picked off by a flyer, i'd change my mind !    Who really has the time to stop, put away weapons and pick this creature up to glide to safety in a practical "useful" kind of way?

On 9/21/2017 at 2:51 PM, SmokeyB said:

The megatherium big ant eater things,  it's just basically a bigger slower bear,  yeah it has more health but it deals less damage and is huge,  why would you take it out over a bear?  Even the bug killing thing is kind of useless as the only thing it could be usefull for was caves but it's so big if I could get it in the cave I might as well bring a rex 

You can do boss runs with them. They get a 300% damage bonus when fighting bugs. They are extremely tanky and deal huge amounts of damage (as well as farming large amounts of chitin). They are very useful. 

On 9/28/2017 at 3:42 AM, vonluckner said:

Pachy is probably the most worthless dino in the game. Not fast, doesn't carry a lot, not particularly good at fighting. Many older dinos have been sort of power creeped but either retain some usefulness or have gained usefulness in other ways, but the Pachy was never good. Pachy should really be remade into a low-level Rhino (sprint increases damage mechanic) so that at least it has some novelty.

I beg to differ very very much. I tamed some high level pachys and plan of getting a breedline going. After boosting some stamina and damage, these little guys will one shot KO most players (even better with a good imprint). Is it a viable dino in most scenarios? No, but against people on foot, it is hilariously effective. 

Although, I do wish it would recieve a stat buff and have a controllable charge like the rhino (It needs a buff wildcard!).

On 09/10/2017 at 5:56 PM, Bobo1234 said:

You can do boss runs with them. They get a 300% damage bonus when fighting bugs. They are extremely tanky and deal huge amounts of damage (as well as farming large amounts of chitin). They are very useful. 

Yeah to be fair I only just tamed one when I wrote that,  they are good,  I use mine all the time now,  good harvester and fighter like you say 

Archived