So where's everyone gone?

paulpot

So shocked to check both the xbox servers and pc servers with only ONE server above 60 players the rest hovering around 20/30. That was peak time in the EU and NA. Ragnarok maps seemed to be the best.

Been playing since early access (2 years ago, 2000+ hours) I seen better numbers before the game went full release!

What's going on? Am I missing something?

This was 7pm to 2am last night

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wildcard dealt a pretty heavy blow to a lot of people. Promising no wipe at launch and switching gears to a slow and steady wipe over the course of a few months left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths. The initial hype of the new official severs was quickly turned sour by the negative impact the community had during launch; not being able to log in, not enough servers, duping continuing on to new servers, pillaring continuing, etc. Some people went back to legacy, some people gave up altogether. Whether it's permanently damaged or temporarily injured remains to be seen. 

I've never seen less than 52 players on our PVE PS4 New Ragnarok Server and I've been on at all different hours. 6 AM, Noon, 8 PM, 4 AM. Lots of times I refresh for 15 minutes or so before I can get in. Even on the front list I never see any low pop servers on the new/official servers. Now legacy on the other hand is dead. 

46 minutes ago, Nokosa said:

Wildcard dealt a pretty heavy blow to a lot of people. Promising no wipe at launch and switching gears to a slow and steady wipe over the course of a few months left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths. The initial hype of the new official severs was quickly turned sour by the negative impact the community had during launch; not being able to log in, not enough servers, duping continuing on to new servers, pillaring continuing, etc. Some people went back to legacy, some people gave up altogether. Whether it's permanently damaged or temporarily injured remains to be seen. 

aberration is their only chance to pull this off...and after the aberration launch of course getting better at communication and correcting what you mentioned...if they screw stuff up at aberration too and still don t solve most of the really bad problems...they will be in big trouble..

29 minutes ago, GP said:

Yes he was correct it was 12:50 in the UK, well it was 12:47 to be specific, but he was correct.

Wait so its 14.00 now he posted 30mins ago did we just time jump? 

Edit -  holy cow if its 14.00 and the time was 12.50 and the thread has been up for under an hr - thread ception

Its because of the farming and milking cows https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/uk/london

Wildcard is crap and can't deliver a product. That's where everyone has gone. Game is buggy, servers crap, and they can't come close to hitting a release date. I mean it's almost the end of the month and xbox still doesn't have features promised at release. The lack of pc hosting still being just blatantly disrespectful. 

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, ChevChelios said:

Wait so its 14.00 now he posted 30mins ago did we just time jump? 

Edit -  holy cow if its 14.00 and the time was 12.50 and the thread has been up for under an hr - thread ception

Its because of the farming and milking cows https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/uk/london

Yes the thread shows it was posted 1 hour ago, but that's because it won't change to 2 hours until it's hit 2 hours. Therefore as the thread was made at 12:47pm it won't say 2 hours until 14:47pm. So yes he was correct that it was made around 12:50pm.

Launch...
Can't get on a server for a week because they only gave us about 7 OC servers and they were always full.

Megatribes moved into each...

No point playing because if you can survive it's at the mercy of 30 or so A*holes, and anyone else who tries to start up gets wiped...
Guys in wood and stone just getting wiped every night so a tribe can own a server...
Whatever... I guess this is what WC wanted... There are a billion other games to play where you're not getting threatened to be Unicorned and DDos'ed every day for simply trying to play on "some one else's server"...

8 minutes ago, GP said:

Yes the thread shows it was posted 1 hour ago, but that's because it won't change to 2 hours until it's hit 2 hours. Therefore as the thread was made at 12:47pm it won't say 2 hours until 14:47pm. So yes he was correct that it was made around 12:50pm.

Why bother when OP clearly stated...

46 minutes ago, paulpot said:

I was talking about what I had seen last night between 7pm to 2am

As for me, well I'm still trying to keep my legacy alive but its getting harder and harder. I'm only seeing like 3 or 4 other people except me on the server. 

Yesterday was fun because a base was up for demolition (an old enemy) so I had lots of pleasure to kill their dinos and destroy their poop, but most of the days, I log, visit bases to reset timers, check generators and feed dinos. That takes at least one hour and feels a lot like a full time work instead of entertainment. So I get bored and go play something else. Lately, that something else is a dumb as American Truck Simulator with two friends I met in Ark...so I guess at least there is that good. 

1 minute ago, powerstuck said:

Why bother when OP clearly stated...

As for me, well I'm still trying to keep my legacy alive but its getting harder and harder. I'm only seeing like 3 or 4 other people except me on the server. 

Yesterday was fun because a base was up for demolition (an old enemy) so I had lots of pleasure to kill their dinos and destroy their poop, but most of the days, I log, visit bases to reset timers, check generators and feed dinos. That takes at least one hour and feels a lot like a full time work instead of entertainment. So I get bored and go play something else. Lately, that something else is a dumb as American Truck Simulator with two friends I met in Ark...so I guess at least there is that good. 

Honestly why bother trying to resurrect a dead horse. It's not going to magically come alive.

Just let it go, you'll quickly forget about in a few hours anyway as your enjoying the new experience on fresh servers.

I'm waiting for the Windows 10/Play Anywhere release so I can host a server for me and my friends on Xbox.

I was happily playing on an official Scorched Earth server before release (that we specifically picked because it was fairly popular!) - then it got included in the wipe list, for some reason. After that I've played an official Ragnarok server (legacy cluster) but gave up because of the lag - PvE server where some tribes had 30+ giga's - seriously, why do you have that many in PvE?! You can't even use them in boss fights!! Anyway... I'm playing single player to familiarise myself with the map at present.

Still enjoy the game, but my experience on officials in the past month or so has been awful unfortunately.

1 hour ago, paulpot said:

So shocked to check both the xbox servers and pc servers with only ONE server above 60 players the rest hovering around 20/30. That was peak time in the EU and NA. Ragnarok maps seemed to be the best.

Been playing since early access (2 years ago, 2000+ hours) I seen better numbers before the game went full release!

What's going on? Am I missing something?

This was 7pm to 2am last night

I can't talk for the consoles. But on PC, the reason is simply...there are way too much servers for the amount of players.    14000 Servers for an average of about 50 000 player in peak time.

So average player per Server is something about 3.5 players.  

If you have 4 players...you have already more than average.

I already suggested a solution to that to wildcard (One time licence for dedicated servers), which would solve this problem completely.

25 minutes ago, Carny said:

Launch...
Can't get on a server for a week because they only gave us about 7 OC servers and they were always full.

Megatribes moved into each...

No point playing because if you can survive it's at the mercy of 30 or so A*holes, and anyone else who tries to start up gets wiped...
Guys in wood and stone just getting wiped every night so a tribe can own a server...
Whatever... I guess this is what WC wanted... There are a billion other games to play where you're not getting threatened to be Unicorned and DDos'ed every day for simply trying to play on "some one else's server"...

You're clearly not playing with the right megatribe in your PVP server. There are those out there that just want to own a server then there are those who help others and wipe the a-holes from the server/other servers. There are a ton of megatribes out there, so if you don't like playing against them, try joining one. Just post on the forums and you'll more than likely find one. If not mega, on their way to becoming or joining a mega.

Archived