Transferring to NON LEGACY server

TheRealArdhard

So, after the server kill list that came out in August, my one busy legacy server has become a ghost town.  The next round of server deletions will naturally now have my server in it's radar.

I now want to avoid a panic so want to transfer to a new server that isn't legacy.  I have successfully transferred between Island servers with my character and taken a dino with me but the servers I get to transfer to are ones within the server CLUSTER.  This gives limited server options and I would like to know if there is a way I can transfer to a server outside of this cluster.  If this isn't possible, then how do I know that a server I choose in the cluster is Legacy or not?

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, TheRealArdhard said:

So, after the server kill list that came out in August, my one busy legacy server has become a ghost town.  The next round of server deletions will naturally now have my server in it's radar.

I now want to avoid a panic so want to transfer to a new server that isn't legacy.  I have successfully transferred between Island servers with my character and taken a dino with me but the servers I get to transfer to are ones within the server CLUSTER.  This gives limited server options and I would like to know if there is a way I can transfer to a server outside of this cluster.  If this isn't possible, then how do I know that a server I choose in the cluster is Legacy or not?

You cannot transfer survivors or anything from Legacy to New servers. Therefore, any servers you can transfer your survivor to would be legacy as you are currently on legacy servers.

Seriously. So no matter what I do, my survivor and everything achieved will always exist on a legacy server??
What's the point of everyone transferring their stuff onto another legacy server. The outcome will be the same until all legacy servers are gone. There must be a way to transfer my items and character into an offical non legacy server.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, TheRealArdhard said:

Seriously. So no matter what I do, my survivor and everything achieved will always exist on a legacy server??
What's the point of everyone transferring their stuff onto another legacy server. The outcome will be the same until all legacy servers are gone. There must be a way to transfer my items and character into an offical non legacy server.

There is absolutely no way to transfer anything to a new server. The new servers are for players to start from scratch.

48 minutes ago, TheRealArdhard said:

Feed your tames until the server is shutdown and you get the savegame !

that s what I eagerly await o my official rag pve legacy server

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, TheRealArdhard said:

Thanks for the tip. What will that do for me?

It means you would be able to host the saved game on an unofficial server, or possibly someone else that was on the server could host it so that play can continue, but it would become an unofficial server nonetheless.

1 hour ago, TheRealArdhard said:

The whole point was a fresh start...legacy will eventually die off, may as well jump ship now

If you think about it, there wouldn´t be much of a fair chance for all the players starting fresh on the new officials if one could transfer all your dinos and gear from

months or even years of playing on the legacy servers.

OP, I know exactly how you feel, I´ve spent endless amount of time on what is now a legacy server without any hope of making the next cut.

No matter how frustrating it is to lose all your work, I can understand why they chose to do it this way.

I´m done with officials when they cut my legacy server, I will rent my own.

What they did was avoid the immediate whinefest that a wipe announcement would cause by saying 'no wipe' . Instead we get a slow phase out of low population servers (called legacy) regular 3 month population reviews and server repurposing (in other words WIPE). By splitting apart the timeframes on the deletions they seem like the negativity is smaller scale (as more people are resigned to its inevitability).

Their choice was lots of negativity at once, or less over a longer period,

not exactly a winnable scenario for them...

Wel for the lag you do not have to change servers legacy or new both have same lag about only legacy has the freezes atm till they get the wipe. According to posts if true duping etc is still there.

There are already tribes that have progressed far only difference maybe not the good line of breeds yet. Atm if you go to new servers goodluck finding spot and geting online certain hours and weekends.  So in 3 months or before the wipe the progress wil be about the same on official and legacy. 

So probably technically should be possible to load legacy on new servers since it is possible to get save files and host them your self, in my opinion that actually does not count for WC they could merge legacy with new servers by loading the save files to the 'new' servers. Because in less then 3 months the servers wil be almost equal. 

But by not playing on your legacy server as player you wil be making the server les active and faster to the wipe so it is a win win situation either way for WC because you wil get wiped (and get save files).

3 hours ago, TheRealArdhard said:

Yep like oil and water legacy and new do not mix. 

You might once have had the coolest looking Giga with the meanest rainbow stripe painted on it and the best stats but that's on legacy and no one cares anymore. Its time to let go and embrace the new servers.

Official is jacked anyway. With the horrible start they had and minimal amount of server to play on people would get on a server and never log off to ensure they could get alpha status. Now even if you wanted to play on official it's to late you will get wiped in a few days. They need to put out new clustered servers we're people can't transfer to 

Archived