Just want tougher glass (greenhouse wall)

Nesster

Hi, Basically I just want to have tougher glass to make good looking bases on my private dedicated server (and not have an argy break this nice stuff). I saw there is metalGlass mod, but it changes core files, and it's impossible to remove after it's been installed (in case problems would happen with it). There's S+, but I really don't want all the stuff that comes with it. It seems you can customize some features but there seems to be no good source of information on how to do this clearly. So, my question is really: is there a parameter in the settings somewhere, where I could just bump the greenhouse structures HP ONLY, I don't want to change all structures hp

Thanks

7 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

Simple answer is NO.

If mods exists its because its much easier to do a mod than to tweak files that will get replaced next update anyway. 

All right, was more thinking of a ini file, something like that. I was pretty sure there was no way but I thought I might ask, just in case I missed something. 

Thanks

Sorry, like @Antitheft2 this won't be a direct answer to your question, but I also wanted to throw my vote in for S+. I can't imagine playing/building without it. If you aren't aware there is a glass 'tier' with S+ that I believe has the strength of metal. I also want to say that S+ greenhouse is stronger than normal but looks the same (this might be false info, I would double check it).

Good luck!

7 hours ago, teamravegreen said:

Sorry, like @Antitheft2 this won't be a direct answer to your question, but I also wanted to throw my vote in for S+. I can't imagine playing/building without it. If you aren't aware there is a glass 'tier' with S+ that I believe has the strength of metal. I also want to say that S+ greenhouse is stronger than normal but looks the same (this might be false info, I would double check it).

Good luck!

Good stuff. I'll probably give S+ a go. And find a way to remove the stuff I don't want. Speaking of which, if you guys have suggestions on what to remove from S+ (to keep the game as close as vanilla as possible), but add metal glass, that could help me and probably others that want similar setups. 

Cheers

Remove the demo gun it has caused me so much pain. You aim at a window it hits a support beam and drops 1/2 your base is not received uncommon. Other than that its pickup and replace items is the best part of it very few S+ items are OP just all QoL improvements you will hate using normal after S+ because you know the devs could improve standard if they wanted

I still had the hope they would implement some more types of structtures. I like to build with the Greenhouse stuff but its so weak and the timers are so short :| would love to get some normal glass structures too. I mean we can build tek sttuff butt were still not able to build some stronger glass stuff than the weak greenhouse? :(

15 hours ago, Gunzor said:

Remove the demo gun it has caused me so much pain. You aim at a window it hits a support beam and drops 1/2 your base is not received uncommon. Other than that its pickup and replace items is the best part of it very few S+ items are OP just all QoL improvements you will hate using normal after S+ because you know the devs could improve standard if they wanted

Lol, this has happened to me more times than I'd like to admit, but still, I can't imagine not having the demo gun. I probably spend 80% of my time in Ark building and the demo gun is amazing. I've had to train myself to be VERY careful with it :D

On 9/20/2017 at 8:38 AM, Nesster said:

Hi, Basically I just want to have tougher glass to make good looking bases on my private dedicated server (and not have an argy break this nice stuff). I saw there is metalGlass mod, but it changes core files, and it's impossible to remove after it's been installed (in case problems would happen with it). There's S+, but I really don't want all the stuff that comes with it. It seems you can customize some features but there seems to be no good source of information on how to do this clearly. So, my question is really: is there a parameter in the settings somewhere, where I could just bump the greenhouse structures HP ONLY, I don't want to change all structures hp

Thanks

I made a suggestion in the game suggestion forum for this a few months ago requesting a tek glass tier, it got some praises as good idea and recommened but i got no response by mods or devs :(.

• 4 months later...

Glass is glass, sure it should break easily (ignoring the crystal strength argument), but metal is metal. Greenhouses should have two durability's, glass breaks easily, leaving your affect at zero when enough breaks; the metal should be as tough as metal and still keep out dinos that cant crawl through it. Period.

What I don't like is how it auto decays as fast as thatch though. That's BS.

On 2017-09-21 at 7:08 PM, Tlaciques said:

I still had the hope they would implement some more types of structtures. I like to build with the Greenhouse stuff but its so weak and the timers are so short :| would love to get some normal glass structures too. I mean we can build tek sttuff butt were still not able to build some stronger glass stuff than the weak greenhouse? :(

On 2017-09-21 at 4:10 PM, KalisaFox said:

Perhaps they could add a Tek Variant to the greenhouse wall, that allows tinting and change in design kinda like S+, and being tek would have it make sense, then it could be of metal durability, be alittle harder to make but give us that durable greenhouse we always wanted :D

This, I LOVE this!! I'm on the fence with sturdier glass - I really could use it (don't know how many times I've had to rebuild my glass wall because a passing-by-Rex looked at it :'( ), but at the same time, it's... glass! :P But a Tek version would really work in my mind! Tek is Sci Fi anyways, so why not indestructible glass? :D

7 hours ago, nStuffleupagus said:

Greenhouses should have two durability's, glass breaks easily, leaving your affect at zero when enough breaks; the metal should be as tough as metal and still keep out dinos that cant crawl through it.

Very interesting suggestion - I like it!

Archived