gallimimus taming

Bigz2k17

I use rare flowers. I never did it successfully but if you eat a rare flower they agro on you. I planned to make a pen with a Dino gate to lead it through and a standard doorway in the other side to exit through. Come back around and shut the Dino gate. They’re difficult to knock out. You want high torpor low damage. Consider a magnifying glass to keep an eye on torpor. 

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:53 AM, CeaselessFish said:

I use rare flowers. I never did it successfully but if you eat a rare flower they agro on you. I planned to make a pen with a Dino gate to lead it through and a standard doorway in the other side to exit through. Come back around and shut the Dino gate. They’re difficult to knock out. You want high torpor low damage. Consider a magnifying glass to keep an eye on torpor. 

Know if this rare flower stuff works with quetz?  That'd be cool.

1 hour ago, Brayn said:

Know if this rare flower stuff works with quetz?  That'd be cool.

No it doesn't. Tested it.

Btw, just know that if you do the ''rare flower'' technique, everything in a 50 yards area will be aggroing onto you aswell. So...might not be super cool having pteras, bugs, terrorbird, paracerims, bears, deers and every little trodon, pegomastax and compy raptorer will follow you.

15 hours ago, powerstuck said:

No it doesn't. Tested it.

Btw, just know that if you do the ''rare flower'' technique, everything in a 50 yards area will be aggroing onto you aswell. So...might not be super cool having pteras, bugs, terrorbird, paracerims, bears, deers and every little trodon, pegomastax and compy raptorer will follow you.

<sits on frog> <goes to entrance of swamp cave> <rare flowers> <walks away with hundreds of CP>  Could work....

8 minutes ago, Ganelon said:

Rare flower does work on Tapajera.... and Tapajera is great for getting Quetz.

agreed :)  We just got our first quetz on official pvp this way.  Chased it across the map, knocked it out and 38 short minutes and some raw prime later, we take to the skies!  Slowly!  Verrrrryyyy slowly...

I only tamed low level gallimimus... for kible and because i don't have the patience for it xD

Though to be honest a high level one, it is to much trouble... 
You will need lots of narcotics, and tranq ammo because it loses torpidity insanely fast.
For the sake of a "good/perfect tame" i can only think of a trap.

Note: I don't like the simplistic and easy way of "Use a Quetz -> grab -> taming pen".

1 - Get their egg and let them aggro you and trap them, however you will aggro every single Gallimimus in the area but only momentarily.
2 - Use the rare flowers and lead them to a taming pen, the exception is that you will aggro every creature in a significant radius.

+ Issue with this: I doubt you can outrun them and trap them in time, unless you either plan a course of action, or improvise and manage something in the moment.

3 - Use a bola, then place dinosaur gates and gateways surrounding the creature. then you can relax and easily build outside of the gates a few thatch ramps to knock it out. Probably the safest bet, I believe you will only need 4 gates and its "doors" since it is a relatively small/medium creature. After trapping it you can improvise with thatch structures i think as well that it would advantageous since the bigger carnivores wouldn't be able to spot the taming gallimimus easily and bite it unless it destroys the gates first, where and when you can deal with the issue easily. 

+ Issue with this is gathering the resources and building the stuff, it takes time to be prepared. As well as keeping in mind that the bola effect is only for a few seconds, you need to act and build quick and efficiently. 

Archived