Ark: Aberration

Aaron8956

10 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Wildcard's MO seems to be take the gimmicks they like and try and pretend their customers love it too, even though a lot of us usually just don't at all.

No company should ever worry about pleasing all of their customers, especially not the customers who expect the company to to please them specifically. Those are the customers they should ignore entirely because they're usually the type of children who revel in being world-class sausages, and since it's not good business for companies to tell incorrigible customers that they have their head so far up their butts that their stomach is processing earwax, such customers will always exist. 

Point being, Aberration could have been released yesterday and the same 10-12 faces would making the same rehashed complaints about some other topic instead of Aberration delays, and whining about how the company is making the game they want to make instead of trying to please a dozen or so sunk-costs.

Aberration will be out when it's out. If that's not good enough...well, too bad. The only thing pissed-off customers are going to get from "trying to hold Wildcard accountable to ETA's" is more pissed off. Would it be nice to have a hard date? Sure. But we don't...and whether they accept it or don't...it's their state of mind. At some point it's going to fry out from manufacturing outrage over small potatoes  24/7 365.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
39 minutes ago, Pic1 said:

Yeah, that list is off. Every server I tried so far that wasn't on that list reported tame cap. Did you know that there are less than 60 official PVE servers for PC right now? How many do you think aren't tame capped? And Idk why there isn't another culling of legacy servers yet... there are still over 220 PVE legacy servers left at this time.

Sounds like, given your knowledge of the subject, that you can help out the community by updating the list.

40 minutes ago, Pic1 said:

At this point? No. It seems to me like over 90% of the pve official servers on PC are at or near tame cap. It's too late now.

Explains why our legacy server is getting more and more popular. Finally got around to checking our specific rank on the official list and we're in the top 200. It's funny because there are more than 200 servers in the new cluster.

2 hours ago, Pic1 said:

Please, give me a list of PVE official servers that aren't capped so I can go play there.

Instead of selectively quoting me as you did above, consider that the statement I was responding to (despite the fact that it was veering rather far off topic) was an individual claiming that 99% of all servers available to new players were capped and because of that they could not play.

This is obviously and blatantly incorrect of course.  There are literally thousands of servers (primarily unofficial PVE and PVE Legacy) available to new players that are not capped, and I'll point out that the person I responded to was not referring to official PVE servers specifically.  Some folks seem to have developed a nasty habit of equating the new official PVE servers (the most restrictive of all possible servers available as relates to maintaining a large number of tames) to ALL available servers, when in fact the new official PVE servers only make up a fraction of those available to new players... or really to anyone.

If a person desires to play on a newer official PVE server, and ignore the large number of uncapped legacy or private PVE servers available, that's fine.  But they do so fully knowing that those servers have large populations and of necessity have strict caps on the number of creatures you can keep.  They are the environment in ARK least suited to permanently keeping a large number of tames, and other (more appropriate and/or specifically tailored) options are readily available to everyone.  Deciding you don't want to use those other options is certainly an option, but ignoring them doesn't make them cease to exist... nor does it change the fact that the cap will remain quite firmly in place.

Now that we've cleared up the quote taken out of context, this thread was originally about Aberration before it got hijacked.  If you wish to discuss the server cap issue there is a full thread dedicated to it (link below).  Kindly direct server cap related comments there.

1 hour ago, Ranger1 said:

Instead of selectively quoting me as you did above

No I generally quote one sentence out of a paragraph and respond to the entire post. So when you said vast number of servers you meant unofficial, PVP, primitive and everything combined? The way some people on these forums act is very strange to me. I mean, if people are complaining about something unreasonable then I am all for defending wildcard. 

Anyways this is my personal, humble, sincere suggestion to wildcard: Please for pete's sake don't open, like, 5 pve servers when you release abbaration.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, edskelly said:

Am i the only one who couldnt care less about this expansion?

Doesnt do it for me....

One might say if you couldn't care less then you wouldn't have created this thread in the first place. :cappa:

I care for it a lot, can't wait to experience it.

39 minutes ago, Critter said:

Im just excited to be able to tame the new stuff and bring it over to Rag. I'm Not to fond of the map it's self but modders will get back to work atleast. 

Afaik it's isolated. You can't bring anything back or to it.

Personally I'm not interested in it. And seeing how SE was such a let down even more.

Am excited fot the release to explore new grounds, tame new dinos and explore a new world. Always is great to explore a new map. Am also excited for it to be released so that more work can be done on the base game e.g. dino tlc pass, kibble pass, new ragnarok expansion (yes i know thats the rag devs thing) and various fixes and optimisastions, hopefully.

Archived