Ark: Aberration

Aaron8956

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Tkeius said:

Steam says Nov 2017. They said on the Twitch Con stream that they'll give us a release date once they have it figured out. Guess they haven't figured it out yet :Jerbfat:

Personally, I think it's gonna come out pretty soon. Like within the next week or so. They already have a bunch of content added (even if we didn't see it in the demo, you can see more stuff in the trailer, like the mole rat for example) so it's probably just balancing that's left. 

do wish they'd say something about it though :c

I'm thinking it might be out in the next week or two weeks at max. Just hope it doesn't get delayed to next month.

Just now, RowletAlex said:

I’m PREEEEEEETY sure that they’ll say something tomorrow, as it is both the Extra Life stream AND the community crunch/ark digest. It would be a perfect time to announce a release date, or MAYBE release it.

Don't get your hopes up too high, I learned from that mistake October 20th. And do you know if Aberration is going to be the size of an average map or is it going to be small?

2 hours ago, Aaron8956 said:

Don't get your hopes up too high, I learned from that mistake October 20th. And do you know if Aberration is going to be the size of an average map or is it going to be small?

They said during TwitchCon that it will be approximately the same size (surface) as Scorched Earth but as it is more of a vertical map, in the end that makes it bigger. At least that is what I understood :P

2 minutes ago, Aaron8956 said:

After I got really excited for twitch con, I totally don’t expect it to be released or get a release tomorrow. I’m guessing it’s gonna be roughly average size, but it’s a bit too difficult to tell. For all I know, it could be as big as ragnarok (which would be awesome)

2 hours ago, Norlinri said:

They said during TwitchCon that it will be approximately the same size (surface) as Scorched Earth but as it is more of a vertical map, in the end that makes it bigger. At least that what I understood :P

That was my understanding, too. At least based on the brief moment that one of the streamers went to the surface (they weren't supposed to, believe it or not), the actual playable space looked pretty sizeable on the X-Y plane, and obviously they went pretty deep in those caves

1 minute ago, PuffyPony said:

That was my understanding, too. At least based on the brief moment that one of the streamers went to the surface (they weren't supposed to, believe it or not), the actual playable space looked pretty sizeable on the X-Y plane, and obviously they went pretty deep in those caves

I guess that's cool, as long as there is something unique on the surface like maybe certain creatures or certain kind of resources.

58 minutes ago, Aaron8956 said:

I guess that's cool, as long as there is something unique on the surface like maybe certain creatures or certain kind of resources.

Don't know! Devs haven't said a lot, and the one glimpse we got was very brief... It did look like some kind of resources were up there, but I have no idea what. Nothing lives up there tho for sure, it's too dangerous

17 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

I'm not sure where you are heading with that one... considering WC didn't create the Ragnarok map.  Doubly so considering Ragnarok was released with a clear disclaimer that it was (and still is) a work in progress.  "Fine tuning" it really won't happen in earnest until the last two sections are in place.

I understand your point of view, but you have to admit that example didn't really make much sense.

So I suppose there wasnt holes in the mesh of the island, and your buddies didnt have to knock you out and drag you away from redwood trees if you got too close. But hey, wasnt that map made by wc? Oh wait, it was.

On 03/11/2017 at 2:23 PM, RowletAlex said:

After I got really excited for twitch con, I totally don’t expect it to be released or get a release tomorrow. I’m guessing it’s gonna be roughly average size, but it’s a bit too difficult to tell. For all I know, it could be as big as ragnarok (which would be awesome)

I think it’s bigger than rag from what I heard 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Aaron8956 said:

it sounds like the devs need to push everything they think that they are going to release a month forward instead to be sure so there isn't disappointment.

People just need to enjoy what they've got and then before they know it Aberration will be here.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Aaron8956 said:

it sounds like the devs need to push everything they think that they are going to release a month forward instead to be sure so there isn't disappointment.

One of the rules of programming:  Everything will take twice as long as you say it will. 

So, if you think something will take 2 hours, and you say 4 hours, it will really take you 8 hours.

However, the reverse does not help you:  If you think it will take you 2 hours and you say 1 hour, it will still take 2 hours.  Yes, you get it done sooner, but it still takes longer than you say.

:D

Archived