Ark: Aberration

Aaron8956

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I finally got to play it last night, took a while to download. The first thing I did was gather resources like normal but I had the hardest time just trying to get water, I had to survive on them berries lol. It was starting to get night time by the time I got a lot of resources but then I saw a bulbdog. I ran to it and tamed it and named it Linx for some reason. We went on a journey together and then I saw a raptor, I knocked it out and tamed it. I rid around on it looking around and saw these Ravagers take down a Roll Rat. I was scared so I ran with the raptor. They were coming after me and then bled my raptor, I couldn't escape so I got off my raptor and ran and sacrificed it. :Jerbcry:It was just me and Linx afterwards. We went to this swampy looking place and found a basilisk destroy 2 spinos. I didn't know what to do, what my goal was so then I got in a safe place and got off.

21 minutes ago, Aaron8956 said:

So I finally got to play it last night, took a while to download. The first thing I did was gather resources like normal but I had the hardest time just trying to get water, I had to survive on them berries lol. It was starting to get night time by the time I got a lot of resources but then I saw a bulbdog. I ran to it and tamed it and named it Linx for some reason. We went on a journey together and then I saw a raptor, I knocked it out and tamed it. I rid around on it looking around and saw these Ravagers take down a Roll Rat. I was scared so I ran with the raptor. They were coming after me and then bled my raptor, I couldn't escape so I got off my raptor and ran and sacrificed it. :Jerbcry:It was just me and Linx afterwards. We went to this swampy looking place and found a basilisk destroy 2 spinos. I didn't know what to do, what my goal was so then I got in a safe place and got off.

I know the pain with lack of water! I dont have any tames, or any weapons beyond a spear, so I kite raptors into stegosaurs and trikes lurking nearby, then scavenge from their hard work. I can't afford to run because stamina nukes my water supply, which is an exciting roleplay, if nothing else. 

Odd how water is (starting in the portal) harder to find here than on scorched, but once I do find it, good times will be had!

17 minutes ago, Airthrow said:

I know the pain with lack of water! I dont have any tames, or any weapons beyond a spear, so I kite raptors into stegosaurs and trikes lurking nearby, then scavenge from their hard work. I can't afford to run because stamina nukes my water supply, which is an exciting roleplay, if nothing else. 

Odd how water is (starting in the portal) harder to find here than on scorched, but once I do find it, good times will be had!

Yeah, I will probably get on a server today, I was just on single player last night. I wonder how exotic the pvp will be. 

Watched the anarchy and the forests of pillars and foundations spring up everywhere. Unfortunately, there's really nothing to discover so I just walked around.

edit: A friend thought it'd be funny to accept a season pass gift from him on my behalf while I was in the bathroom. Since I own Scorched Earth it's now tied to the season pass so there's no way to get rid of it. Might as well use it.

44 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

Watched the anarchy and the forests of pillars and foundations spring up everywhere. Unfortunately, there's really nothing to discover so I just walked around.

edit: A friend thought it'd be funny to accept a season pass gift from him on my behalf while I was in the bathroom. Since I own Scorched Earth it's now tied to the season pass so there's no way to get rid of it. Might as well use it.

It's worth exploring at the very least. From what I've explored so far, it's visually stunning and the new animals give it a much darker feel. Tonight I'm probably going to boot into SP mode and godmode around to check the whole thing out.

On 12/13/2017 at 3:13 PM, Aaron8956 said:

What did you guys do when you first played?

Died. A lot. The ravager makes a good boogeyman. Then I died of dehydration. Then I died from what appeared to be neurotoxin. Then a mole rat. Got some raptors together, let them die (ravagers). Got some raptors and 2 stegos. Met a basilisk. Died. All of us.

10/10 would die again

9 minutes ago, Sinj said:

Died. A lot. The ravager makes a good boogeyman. Then I died of dehydration. Then I died from what appeared to be neurotoxin. Then a mole rat. Got some raptors together, let them die (ravagers). Got some raptors and 2 stegos. Met a basilisk. Died. All of us.

10/10 would die again

Death! That's a real journey...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived