Ark: Aberration

Aaron8956

I do care about the expansion, and I really think that what WC offers with their expansions may be worth the money. However, we should have had that promised TLC pass BEFORE Aberration. The core game needs more work before WC starts working in a new expansion. They say money is not a problem, but working on the release of Aberration before really finishing the core game is not well seen by many (including me). ARK right now costs the same as the top video games out there. And it does not feel as polished as it should be. The release of ARK was actually going from alpha to beta, not an actual final product release.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

This is ironic. I don't know the entire context of what he said, but It tells potential cutomers and playerbase the vanilla gameplay is not satisfying enough to keep players in game.

Not really.  There is a segment of folks that have difficulty understanding that the game is primarily designed around and focusing on modded content development and customized game play.  Official servers just serve as basic game play showcase servers.  There are though unofficial  servers out there that have vanilla and even more challenging than default settings/play too but typically they're very niche.

3 hours ago, alcarazr said:

I do care about the expansion, and I really think that what WC offers with their expansions may be worth the money. However, we should have had that promised TLC pass BEFORE Aberration. The core game needs more work before WC starts working in a new expansion. They say money is not a problem, but working on the release of Aberration before really finishing the core game is not well seen by many (including me). ARK right now costs the same as the top video games out there. And it does not feel as polished as it should be. The release of ARK was actually going from alpha to beta, not an actual final product release.

I think overall this direction of thinking is just going to frustrate you more and more as time goes on.  Ark is, for all intents and purposes, -never- going to be finished, perfectly optimized, etc.  Games with active and progressive development never can be because each step, change, addition, etc takes those goals out of synch. Even top games have this similar issue and their forums are a'glut with lamentations in this regard.

Does that mean WC couldn't do a better job?  I most certainly think they have many areas that they could improve but there has been a consistent pattern for 2+ years with how these things go and no indication of that changing in a direction that would satisfy you or others with similar thinking. 

1 minute ago, InsaneGlitchXD said:

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I can't find the answer anywhere. I know Aberration was delayed to November, but has there been another delay or is it still set to November? Really looking forward to the new map! :) Thanks for the replies ahead of time!

Who says in November? According to Jat it will release in 2017 so u can calculate yourself....

Also mention here :-

17 minutes ago, GEonWAR said:

Who says in November? According to Jat it will release in 2017 so u can calculate yourself....

Also mention here :-

It says on steam release November 2017. Thats where I got that from, as well as them announcing at TwitchCon that itll be delayed a few weeks back in October. So it has been delayed yet again?

8 minutes ago, InsaneGlitchXD said:

It says on steam release November 2017. Thats where I got that from, as well as them announcing at TwitchCon that itll be delayed a few weeks back in October. So it has been delayed yet again?

There was a delay to announce the delay, that announced that first delay. Who knows !?

5 hours ago, CommandDodo said:

The most clear answer is... yes. Thankfully, it will be out this year! I am guessing it will come mid to late December. Can't wait to get in on this exotic exploration! :D

Thank you! Yes, I agree this will be the best expansion yet by the looks of the trailers. So pumped!

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:32 AM, Eli said:

Within context, it's harkening itself back to the stance we have regarding flyers and trivialization of content. The flyer culture is just so ingrained on people that have played the game for so long as it makes things that much easier. Why go through a wall when you can go over it, and all that. Basically, if you're too attuned to a playstyle revolving around flyers that you can't fathom trying to survive without them then there's always unofficials.

Actually no. It was in regards to a question specifically asked on the chatroll asking about  official vs unofficial server viablities(not worded in this way but if you watch the stream you'll catch as he repeats the question on camera before discussing. I know because I asked it. :)

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:05 AM, InsaneGlitchXD said:

Yes its delayed again.  In this article yesterday, CEO Doug Kennedy discusses various things and at the bottom of the article it states the dlc now will come "next month": http://www.pcgamer.com/ark-survival-evolved-studio-ceo-on-early-access-reviews-and-punching-trees/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

3 hours ago, Novarae said:

Yes its delayed again.  In this article yesterday, CEO Doug Kennedy discusses various things and at the bottom of the article it states the dlc now will come "next month": http://www.pcgamer.com/ark-survival-evolved-studio-ceo-on-early-access-reviews-and-punching-trees/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Was this officially stated by Wild Card?

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Aaron8956 said:

Would really like to know if it was officially delayed a second time.

I don't think it can be delayed a second time as WC have not stated a date for release yet besides it being in 2017. Yes the Steam page states November 2017, but WC have stated it will be before 2017 is over, so really even if it is December that doesn't mean it has been delayed a second time, as no date has been given like it had originally with October.

10 minutes ago, GP said:

I don't think it can be delayed a second time as WC have not stated a date for release yet besides it being in 2017. Yes the Steam page states November 2017, but WC have stated it will be before 2017 is over, so really even if it is December that doesn't mean it has been delayed a second time, as no date has been given like it had originally with October.

First time in twtich they say next month :D then one month delay now one month more :D

17 minutes ago, GP said:

Some weeks sounds like a lot of weeks now. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Pendaluxs said:

Ok then wy they do poop and we cant refund dlc ? Steam say you play se and you cant refund. And wy i must pay 2 time for se ?  And no info about all plan. + no suport with ticket in new server.

Refund is a Steam issue, so you need to speak to them.

You don't pay twice for SE, the Season Pass on Steam takes into account you already owning SE in the price.

They should give a date at this point since now it wont be November they also should officially announce it where everyone can see cause having to read an article that everyone does not always read is not the best way. Plus not everyone checks the steam page, I'm worried there is a mechanic that they dreamed to big with or they did not have a bunch done when they announced in September which is wrong to do cause now it will be 3 months after that not 1. So sad that they have done this again and they don't say anything or tell us that it will for sure be out in December if its then they should have a date by now but unfortunately it looks like they are taking it day by day instead of giving a deadline.

Archived