Ark: Aberration

Aaron8956

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not getting Abberation like I never got & never wanted SE. It's got nothing of interest to me. (Giant blue-glowing cave was more interesting in 2011 when it was called Blackreach in Skyrim.) The glowing dinos do look sorta neat to be fair but not enough to pay real money for and the new dinos don't interest me. Just more land dinos with maneuvurability gimmicks that will still be inferior to flyers on the other maps. Also not paying for anything else until they change what made me start disliking the game and start actually getting better at hitting deadlines.

56 minutes ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Also not paying for anything else until they change what made me start disliking the game and start actually getting better at hitting deadlines.

This is my mindset. 

I am interested in the continued story of Ark but I am more interested in playing a game with very few bugs. With the neglect they have shown the base game in favor of a new expansion it does not match with my expectations and thus does not make me feel secure spending additional funds as I feel the same bugs and glitches will follow us along. I came for the dino's, I have the dino's and WC did not do enough to make me so enthralled as to need that next piece of the puzzle. 

52 minutes ago, Novarae said:

When even Kayd recommends to play unofficials(like he did during the Extra Life charity stream), I'd say that's a wise decision :P

This is ironic. I don't know the entire context of what he said, but It tells potential cutomers and playerbase the vanilla gameplay is not satisfying enough to keep players in game.

• Wildcard Community
2 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

This is ironic. I don't know the entire context of what he said, but It tells potential cutomers and playerbase the vanilla gameplay is not satisfying enough to keep players in game.

Within context, it's harkening itself back to the stance we have regarding flyers and trivialization of content. The flyer culture is just so ingrained on people that have played the game for so long as it makes things that much easier. Why go through a wall when you can go over it, and all that. Basically, if you're too attuned to a playstyle revolving around flyers that you can't fathom trying to survive without them then there's always unofficials.

2 minutes ago, Eli said:

Within context, it's harkening itself back to the stance we have regarding flyers and trivialization of content. The flyer culture is just so ingrained on people that have played the game for so long as it makes things that much easier. Why go through a wall when you can go over it, and all that. Basically, if you're too attuned to a playstyle revolving around flyers that you can't fathom trying to survive without them then there's always unofficials.

I didn't say "I don't know the entire context of what he said" for no reason. Thanks for explaining the context what he said :) 

With Flyer Nerf and trivialization of content there is one little, tiny, but so important detail. Flyer Nerf was needed. However, "ground" play is not satisfying or simply not good enough for players to start using ground mounts more often. Many people did bring it up in the feedback of Flyer Nerf. WC did nothing to make ground mounts more appealing than flyers except for boosting gathering rates of a few essential dinosaurs such as anky, therefore it made game even bigger time sink than it already was, because it took more time to travel from point A to point B. The perfect time for TLC Dino pass was when Flyer nerf was introduced, but essential Quality Of Life improvement did not make it in Early Access, because more redundant features were needed apperently (I'm looking at you, a toilet...)

Several months after adding the nerf with that tacked on lie of it being 'better' for all modes and players Wildcard went and added the Griffin anyways, arguably the most OP flyer to ever be in the game. Wildcard is chock full of mixed messages and seemingly not really knowing where they want to take their game even now. Hard to want dlc for a product like that.

21 minutes ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Several months after adding the nerf with that tacked on lie of it being 'better' for all modes and players Wildcard went and added the Griffin anyways, arguably the most OP flyer to ever be in the game. Wildcard is chock full of mixed messages and seemingly not really knowing where they want to take their game even now. Hard to want dlc for a product like that.

Gryphon seems to be OP, because this is the first flyer that was done properly. With gliding mechanics, realistic flying animations , better controls, diving, etc...  I also dislike it seems they have no clear vision nor roadmap where they want to take the game and they work on things as they go, because that idea sounded cool.

50 minutes ago, Mctoozle said:

Completely disagree. Fliers ruin ark. Aberration looks amazing. Scorched earth was&is amazing. 

SE has the most powerful flier in ark.

A map that doesnt allow fliers is going to flop.

Lets say u run a restaurant that sells pizza and hamburgers. If most of ur customers are ordering pizza, should the restaurant increase or decrease the production of pizza. Lets say the restaurant wants to build a second store and decides that they are only going to sell hamburgers at the new store because too many people are ordering pizza. This is basically what WC is doing. Noobs!

In the above example:

pizza == fliers

hamburgers == land dinos

new restaurant == aberration

2 hours ago, Woodsman said:

SE has the most powerful flier in ark.

A map that doesnt allow fliers is going to flop.

Lets say u run a restaurant that sells pizza and hamburgers. If most of ur customers are ordering pizza, should the restaurant increase or decrease the production of pizza. Lets say the restaurant wants to build a second store and decides that they are only going to sell hamburgers at the new store because too many people are ordering pizza. This is basically what WC is doing. Noobs!

In the above example:

pizza == fliers

hamburgers == land dinos

new restaurant == aberration

Don't forget their hamburgers aren't very good.

How about some seasoning?! Just a slab of meat in a bun! Sheesh!

I don't have any issues with people disliking what they've seen so far, but with regards to flying there are ziplines, wingsuits and the new rock drake, so there is a means to travel and it does make sense since we're going through cave systems. Between the differing ways of traversing the content and the environmental hazards I believe that most won't be focused on flying. It just seems like a silly thing to argue about this time around.

I'm very excited for Aberration, I love spooky sci-fi vibes and the creatures are badass in my opinion.

16 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

What it tells me is with their current architecture and limitations they cannot possibly keep enough official servers up to satisfy the land hungry, dino hoarding population of their game who for some reason think this game is a mmorpg and not a multiplayer survival sandbox.

Archived