Ark: Aberration

Aaron8956

12 minutes ago, rororoxor said:

A lot of people were upset by the delay of aberration by a few weeks, but I'm kinda glad. In the stream, their FPS looked terrible, and there were lots of buggy features (such as during the gliding) that many more people would complain about upon release. They probably need more time to optimize and fix all those bugs.

What do you think? Was a delay justified?

Honestly I'm glad too because I don't get paid until the first of November so I wouldn't have been able to get it. I think it was justified, I wouldn't want a buggy product and I understand why WC did it.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm putting my money on November 21st. Many were expecting the release to be at the end of October...so basically 3 weeks later and before a holiday weekend. I figure that means we'll probably see some of the other stuff we've been wanting released prior to Christmas, and likely some after the new year. That said, I hope I'm never in a real emergency with some of the folks around here. lol

the way i see it based on what I've watched and heard is: Jat and Jen are community people they relay info to us from the main devs. they can't give us a exact date or say if it will be sooner or later, so Jat used the term "some weeks" which the definition of some means: an unspecified amount or number of. he corrected himself several times because he does not want to promise it will be sooner or later they may only have a few things and it will release on Halloween or it will be released at the end of the first week of November. I'm guessing more of a November 10th release. No i don't think it will be delayed till December because after watching the gameplay on the streams it actually does not have a ton of issues. yes the gliding may need polishing or the climbing but most of the stuff looked incredible! just listening to them talk about it you can tell they are excited as well cause its pretty incredible. We also got to see a 4th cute creature when they said there would only be 3. so id say tune into the demo streams to see for yourself cause it looks so much better than SE and the PVE will be amazing.

Getting your panties in a knot ? There is still two weeks until End of October and it's still showing October 2017 that it's available so a couple/few weeks could still be within the Oct timeframe until they update the stores release date for it I wouldn't whine about it.

On the other hand I'm glad they're preventing dino xfers to Aberration like Scorched Earth it forces everyone to be on a even playing field at start ?

25 minutes ago, Halafang said:

There is still two weeks until End of October and it's still showing October 2017 that it's available so a couple/few weeks could still be within the Oct timeframe

no, in 2 weeks it's November, NOT October. Why is it they cannot keep their release dates? Rag on console, Aberration for all, why? What causes them to not get their work done and released on time?

Ok, so aberration was delayed. It's annoying, it sucks, but it will be good in the long run because we the players get to put some input on it. Those who were watching the first aberration stream were essentially able to decide on keeping the crab jumping ability (I am SUPER glad it's being kept) and the most recent livestreamer suggested being able to climb with WASD as well, but move more slowly that way (which I agree with) 

Also, they haven't figured out the exact stats, taming costs and methods, and stuff like that, so that means fewer constant patches nerfing or buffing creatures and stuff, which I think many people will appreciate.

So in the end, I'm fine with the delay. I don't expect it to be huge, it could still be a Halloween release, though November 1-15 is more likely. Let's all keep our spirits high, as we are all here for one reason: We are gamers who are passionate about a very special, wonderful game. We have gone through many hardships, too many to list, but we're all still here, because we share a passion for ARK. And even with so many players, every playthrough is unique, and every player is unique. Some players love to breed a certain dino for color, some love to battle and dominate their server. Some love to tame dinos, some love to collect dossiers and explorer notes. The devs made an incredible game for their first ever as Studio Wildcard, but they still have a lot to learn when it comes to making games. And so let's help them get even better. There is no such thing as a perfect game, and that's why there are so many out there. But I think ARK can get pretty close if we all help it to get there. Here's to ARK! Here's to the devs! Here's to us! -Some motivating, and probably unnecessary positive words by RowletAlex the Optimistic, Leader of the Black Otters tribe, October 20, 2017.

1 minute ago, LouSpowells said:

Unexpected problems and delays, usually.

they why have a release dats like it's already done.. AND speak like it's done on its initial reveal

1 minute ago, RowletAlex said:

Ok, so aberration was delayed. It's annoying, it sucks, but it will be good in the long run because we the players get to put some input on it. Those who were watching the first aberration stream were essentially able to decide on keeping the crab jumping ability (I am SUPER glad it's being kept) and the most recent livestreamer suggested being able to climb with WASD as well, but move more slowly that way (which I agree with) 

Also, they haven't figured out the exact stats, taming costs and methods, and stuff like that, so that means fewer constant patches nerfing or buffing creatures and stuff, which I think many people will appreciate.

So in the end, I'm fine with the delay. I don't expect it to be huge, it could still be a Halloween release, though November 1-15 is more likely. Let's all keep our spirits high, as we are all here for one reason: We are gamers who are passionate about a very special, wonderful game. We have gone through many hardships, too many to list, but we're all still here, because we share a passion for ARK. And even with so many players, every playthrough is unique, and every player is unique. Some players love to breed a certain dino for color, some love to battle and dominate their server. Some love to tame dinos, some love to collect dossiers and explorer notes. The devs made an incredible game for their first ever as Studio Wildcard, but they still have a lot to learn when it comes to making games. And so let's help them get even better. There is no such thing as a perfect game, and that's why there are so many out there. But I think ARK can get pretty close if we all help it to get there. Here's to ARK! Here's to the devs! Here's to us! -Some motivating, and probably unnecessary positive words by RowletAlex the Optimistic, Leader of the Black Otters tribe, October 20, 2017.

The problem is we have no actual say, they will do things just to spite us half the time. and the climbing mechanic should have been WSAD to begin with, and you should be able to move just as fast, that makes no logical sense

7 hours ago, Vorsenium said:

The map looks gorgeous, I'm just happy about that.

Also, we are going to have triangular structures on console, a thing that i always wanted and also requested a week ago, so far so good.

I hope for a release in the first days or in the middle of november

We have been requesting and waiting on a structure overhaul for well over a year, They just decided to let a modder do the work as it was on par with what they had in mind I guess.

Was really hoping they would hit this release date as it would mean I could play the DLC before other big games come out which may take my attention away from ark.

6 minutes ago, cfrostyscriv said:

We have been requesting and waiting on a structure overhaul for well over a year, They just decided to let a modder do the work as it was on par with what they had in mind I guess.

Was really hoping they would hit this release date as it would mean I could play the DLC before other big games come out which may take my attention away from ark.

True to that, guess i'm gonna play Destiny for the rest of the year. Was planing to put it out while i playing ark. Guess plans changed.

6 hours ago, ShadowAngel said:

True to that, guess i'm gonna play Destiny for the rest of the year. Was planing to put it out while i playing ark. Guess plans changed.

I will keep to play Ark, even without Aberration, I'm really busy in the maps that I already have, building bases, taming high level dinos and exploring dungeons for artifacts.

Just a couple of days ago I've discovered that one of my settlements is located near a spawn zone for alpha rexes, so i'm fortifying with metal walls and minigun turrets.

21 hours ago, rororoxor said:

A lot of people were upset by the delay of aberration by a few weeks, but I'm kinda glad. In the stream, their FPS looked terrible, and there were lots of buggy features (such as during the gliding) that many more people would complain about upon release. They probably need more time to optimize and fix all those bugs.

What do you think? Was a delay justified?

Lol, fps might be better on release. Less buggy gliding though? No way. Did you hear them talking about how the rock drake is so much better than the thyla and megalania? That feature is not being worked on any further im afraid. 

6 hours ago, ShadowAngel said:

I thought that Destiny was going to be my holdover until Aberration, but unfortunately it's such a dull game that I'm honestly going to start a new Scorched file and play that through. Personally, I'd rather Aberration be delayed a few weeks and have more issues resolved on release than dropped now and have a lot of problems. It'll still have some issues, sure, but since I tend to play on Unofficial, they tend to be pretty insignificant

1 hour ago, Aaron8956 said:

Sure...

Haha, yeah I know it sounds kind of weird but they have long tails, kangaroo like feet and are bipedal, all characteristics of jerboas. Also when they had that strange pre-announcement page thing, someone noted that the glowing eyes matched the head movements of an idle jerboa, and we can now safely assume those glowing eyes belonged to the nameless.

Archived