Ark: Aberration

Aaron8956

20 hours ago, onetwothree said:

Much of the community feels this way.

IMO the DLC only payment model is not working for this title. The devs need more money for servers, more money for customer service representatives and more money to bring the code up to a point where it works as intended the majority of the time.

Dinos putting their heads through solid objects is unacceptable. Dinos phasing straight through quetzal ramps is unacceptable. Dinos falling through the world is unacceptable.

Ark premium: subscription model. Working servers, customer service when the game code breaks in the meantime and money for the devs to get to work on finishing the core game.

I would sub. I wont be buying abberation.

Would you sub? Do you intend to buy abberation?

I have come to the same conclusion.  People say that WC is greedy.  IMO they aren't greedy enough.

One of the largest problems they are having is that they don't have enough servers and they don't have the funds for better server hardware.  They also have too small of a team working on this game.  I mean they officially released to PC, PS4, and Xbox at the same time.  This lead to all out excitement by many people who want to play on console, but now look at them.  From what I have heard there is barely support for Xbox if there is any at all.

With the amount of creativity WC wants to express in this one game; you could make several spin off games.  At first glance you're like AWESOME a prehistoric survival game!  Then you see the tek gear and you're like prehistoric with ALIENS!?!  Then you have the industrial bits and its like prehistoric clashing with modern technology.  IMO primitive could have been its own release.

Anyway, you are correct.  They don't have the money to keep thousands of servers up and running.  Every time they want to release another map they need to add more servers for every region of the globe.  They don't have a steady source of income like a subscription.  Where do people expect the money to come from for the legacy servers, the new servers, and the newly developing DLC servers?  How does WC intend on keeping itself afloat as a business while allowing itself so much creative freedom?

It seems obvious that if something does not change quickly WC is going to end up overburdening itself and the whole thing will come crashing down.  I know people that have already quit console because in their opinion it is unplayable.  I also know people that have quit on PC because they don't want to deal with the poor operational quality of the game.

I did buy aberration.  I was debating it for awhile, but when I saw the sale, all rationality went away and I just bought the DLC.  Right after I just sat there thinking about why I bought the dang thing. xD

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be cool to have a more science filled map with weird creatures and new places and things to get. It's going to be hard and interesting at the same time because wildcard said that getting resources and getting around the map is going to mainly focus on going around on foot. This means there would be a whole type of pvp. people will now be able to do a genuine surprise attack against their foes. The ambushers could wear ghillies and have clubs and tranqs and all that take them, prisoner. They could choose a path that a lot of people take to get a really need material and camp it for loot. I would love to see one of those in action. Overall, I really hyped for the new dlc coming out, I want to see more on foot battling not wyvern vs wyvern etc.

1 hour ago, Landiah said:

I think it would be cool to have a more science filled map with weird creatures and new places and things to get. It's going to be hard and interesting at the same time because wildcard said that getting resources and getting around the map is going to mainly focus on going around on foot. This means there would be a whole type of pvp. people will now be able to do a genuine surprise attack against their foes. The ambushers could wear ghillies and have clubs and tranqs and all that take them, prisoner. They could choose a path that a lot of people take to get a really need material and camp it for loot. I would love to see one of those in action. Overall, I really hyped for the new dlc coming out, I want to see more on foot battling not wyvern vs wyvern etc.

I'll be ambushing you, I'll be that one guy with only a ghillie mask.

3 hours ago, Aaron8956 said:

You're not the first, people like you jinx the bugs into the game, it's not Wild Card, it's you!

O how I wish it wasnt their fault. I love the game very much. But after 2 years lag,disconnects, and other numerous things not being fixed or terrible things being implemented.....I'm growing tired of dealing with failure on their end. Worst fear is the same thing that rag went through...servers being capped daily...do you think they learned from that mistake ? 

On 20/9/2017 at 4:03 AM, Aaron8956 said:

Who's excited for Ark: Aberration? I know I am. Can't wait til this October, just hope it doesn't get pushed back. Tell me what you're excited for. 

I was excited, but now a bug is deleting all the engram points that i gain with new levels, and the engrams that i've learned too, all the times i turn off the game, on all the maps.

So I'm not excited anymore, because I know that my character on Aberration will loose every engram and engram point if i log off from the map, thanks patch 1.45 (on PS4).

I will have to kill my character all the times I log in, respawn with a brand new one, and i will have to change the EXP setting in order to get new levels fast, or I'm going to play without the possibility to build anything, yayyyyyy!!!!!

Now I know what "survive the ark" means, you have to outsmart the bugs, or stop playing. 

5 hours ago, Vorsenium said:

I was excited, but now a bug is deleting all the engram points that i gain with new levels, and the engrams that i've learned too, all the times i turn off the game, on all the maps.

After two weeks of this, one of my characters died and respawned. Incredibly, the bug was gone, with some of my levels resetted, now I'm suiciding all the other characters in order to solve the issue, it was really a DILO moment.

So, hurray for aberration, I hope it will come out soon, since at the end of this month I will be unable to play for at least 5 days.

Archived