Ark: Aberration

Aaron8956

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DarkSurvivor said:

Yes, but elements arent transferable. i dont think it will affect the other server that much.

Element can't be transferred but every single thing you make with element CAN be transferred. So the only thing you'd need to gather on other servers is the element to fuel your devices.

I wouldn't even call that a speed bump.

1 hour ago, Vrallox said:

Tek items can be transferred right now. The people of Wildcard made no mention of items created on Aberration being an exception but I suppose it's a possibility. No way to know for sure until release.

I don't think it will, I don't even think anything will be transferable from Aberration but it might.

34 minutes ago, mgsgta3 said:

a friend of mine saw on this very website the other day it said abberation would be out today at 6pm(didnt catch a timezone) and he said it was gone when he returned to the page. Normally id say nonsense but its not someone who makes stuff like that up. guess we will see, but i expect itll be out soon

I'm not going to say your friend is making things up, but I will say that your friend seems to have more info than anyone else around here.

11 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

I'm not going to say your friend is making things up, but I will say that your friend seems to have more info than anyone else around here.

yeah for sure. If it were the other way around and you were telling me a friend said that id be skeptical lol. the main reason i checked on this post here was too see if anyone else saw it, or if when 6pm rolls around anything happens 

7 minutes ago, Theultamatesurviver said:

Could someone explain what this is to me? Just started playing ark over the summer. Really got into about two months ago.

Abberation is the new DLC being released, and it is essentially a malfunctioning or broken down ark with high radiation levels and mutated creatures. It is supposed to come out this month, and it will have many new and unique creatures/environments like scorched earth, the other paid DLC.

7 minutes ago, Theultamatesurviver said:

Could someone explain what this is to me? Just started playing ark over the summer. Really got into about two months ago.

Aberration is an upcoming DLC to the core game. Similar to the Scorched Earth DLC, Aberration will be released for $20 and will include an entirely new Ark (map) along with new features, creatures, and mechanics. The Aberration map will be connected to the other Arks, allowing transfers via the obelisks. Like Scorched Earth, the creatures and items from Aberration will be usable by players who do not purchase the Aberration DLC, but players can only experience the map if they purchase the DLC.

On 13/10/2017 at 6:04 AM, Cripling said:

Honestly, I don't care when they release the new maps.  I would hope that they'd spend the time to fix the core issues with the game before continuing with more content.  Yes, I am psyched, but what difference does having new dinos and a new map make if the game is hardly playable.  The lag, optimizations, and server count issues need to be addressed before they even think about release.

Much of the community feels this way.

IMO the DLC only payment model is not working for this title. The devs need more money for servers, more money for customer service representatives and more money to bring the code up to a point where it works as intended the majority of the time.

Dinos putting their heads through solid objects is unacceptable. Dinos phasing straight through quetzal ramps is unacceptable. Dinos falling through the world is unacceptable.

Ark premium: subscription model. Working servers, customer service when the game code breaks in the meantime and money for the devs to get to work on finishing the core game.

I would sub. I wont be buying abberation.

Would you sub? Do you intend to buy abberation?

1 minute ago, onetwothree said:

Much of the community feels this way.

IMO the DLC only payment model is not working for this title. The devs need more money for servers, more money for customer service representatives and more money to bring the code up to a point where it works as intended the majority of the time.

Dinos putting their heads through solid objects is unacceptable. Dinos phasing straight through quetzal ramps is unacceptable. Dinos falling through the world is unacceptable.

Ark premium: subscription model. Working servers, customer service when the game code breaks in the meantime and money for the devs to get to work on finishing the core game.

I would sub. I wont be buying abberation.

Would you sub? Do you intend to buy abberation?

yes

So the devs have over time become known for both pushing back and releasing broken updates, dont let aberration become another broken update. If ark had been released at its original date in 2016 it would be unplayable, dont force the release of aberration just to meet the date. Rather make it complete and not filled with bugs, this is your chance to make ark feel like a €60 game and not this laggy and broken thing it is now

57 minutes ago, iOlsen said:

So the devs have over time become known for both pushing back and releasing broken updates, dont let aberration become another broken update. If ark had been released at its original date in 2016 it would be unplayable, dont force the release of aberration just to meet the date. Rather make it complete and not filled with bugs, this is your chance to make ark feel like a €60 game and not this laggy and broken thing it is now

Maybe they already have spent their time on it.

Archived