Ark: Aberration

Aaron8956

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am excited as well.

I really like cave worlds, also that it's a failed ARK is awesome. I love the atmosphere of failed sience like in half life or resident evil. A failed ARK goes into a similar direction and hopefully offers a similar atmosphere.

Also i suspect a lot of water filled caves at the bottom, so hopefully more underwater stuff.

20 hours ago, Aaron8956 said:

And...what will a mole rat do??? Maybe have the aspects of a purlovia? Is it ridable? Hopefully you can ride on it and go underneath the ground hehehe.

what mole rat? do you mean the supposed chupacabra?

EDIT: oops, sorry. looked it up on the wiki and found the page. it looks... odd, you could say.

Looks like they're going farther down the pay-to-win path with each DLC. Here's a quote from their latest cherry picked Q+A list:

"Survivor RaifuForLaifu asks, "What are "Element Chambers"?"

They are zones of intense radiation where it is possible to collect Element Ore, as well as encounter certain hideous, aggressive creatures."

So those who buy the DLC will be able to farm element outside of boss fights.

31 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

Looks like they're going farther down the pay-to-win path with each DLC. Here's a quote from their latest cherry picked Q+A list:

They are zones of intense radiation where it is possible to collect Element Ore, as well as encounter certain hideous, aggressive creatures."

i'm pretty sure harvesting the element in aberration isn't going to be as simple as running up in cloth armour and a metal pick and getting stacks and stacks.

Obviously i could be wrong; but i'm guessing it's going to be really difficult to do, probably require as much prep as a boss fight anyway.

(if it is simple though then it's pay to win, i just doubt it)  

1 hour ago, CeaselessFish said:

i'm pretty sure harvesting the element in aberration isn't going to be as simple as running up in cloth armour and a metal pick and getting stacks and stacks.

Obviously i could be wrong; but i'm guessing it's going to be really difficult to do, probably require as much prep as a boss fight anyway.

(if it is simple though then it's pay to win, i just doubt it)  

They did say in their quote that players would be able to collect element ore as well as "encounter certain hideous, aggressive creatures." Which makes me think it's not in something like a boss arena and they won't need to actually fight something to acquire it. Animals in ARK are extremely easy to distract and kiting them away from a certain area doesn't take much either.

Unless it's located in a closed off arena or being carried by a boss level animal that can easily navigate its environment I doubt it'll be much trouble.

On 9/23/2017 at 10:41 AM, Vrallox said:

I think Aberration will utilise Element differently then in the Island, as it is able to be harvested so easily. And Element cannot be transferred so why are you complaining? Buy the DLC if you want to play a new sort of story, but don't complain that the DLC does something different from the Island.

2 hours ago, SeaRex said:

I think Aberration will utilise Element differently then in the Island, as it is able to be harvested so easily. And Element cannot be transferred so why are you complaining? Buy the DLC if you want to play a new sort of story, but don't complain that the DLC does something different from the Island.

I totally agree. I kinda hope that Aberration will have a limit, no transferring over items or dinos to other arks. I just think it should because wyverns and other SE dinos were ruling the island and center which was not fair for those who didn't have SE. There was no balance to PvP at all or even PvE.

I don't mind buying dlcs at all, a new ark is always an amazing experience and Aberration looks like it is totally worth it. I wonder what the next dlc might be. Maybe a mythology ark or underworld? I'm sure Aberration will keep me busy until then. Only a few days away until October.

So will Aberration be out October 1st or is it just confirmed that it will be out sometime in October? Just wondering, I hope it will be out the 1st. Also hoping it will not get delayed. I like the fact that every paid dlc is a challenge too.

8 hours ago, Jhym said:

i'm hoping for 1st of october too...

i am hyped.

it looks weird, different!

kinda want to see how radiation will affect us too

and gliding!!! omg gliding!!! i can see myself wasting hours or even days simply gliding around!

Yes, I will be gliding around for days looking for a perfect spot to build and at least not that far away from the element. I have a feeling radiation will probably just slowly kill us but who knows. I feel like the Raptor should have gotten a mutation instead of it just looking the same.

Archived