To be released Patch Notes - I hope this is a joke

AnimalMind

19 minutes ago, AnimalMind said:

Screenshots circling that dino limit will be reduced to 350 per tribe and you can only have so many turrets in a 70x70 area. If WC is doing this so xbox and pc can play against each other PLEASE STOP. No one that plays Ark on pc wants this. NO ONE.

Is someone suggesting that this is being done so PC can play with Xbox?

23 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Is someone suggesting that this is being done so PC can play with Xbox?

I think people do not understand xbox play anywhere... xbox and steam will not be able to play with each other, people with the xbox app on their windows 10 pc will be able to play their xbox game on their pc against other people on the xbox or in the xbox app.

12 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

I think people do not understand xbox play anywhere... xbox and steam will not be able to play with each other, people with the xbox app on their windows 10 pc will be able to play their xbox game on their pc against other people on the xbox or in the xbox app.

Yep you have been able to do this since the game was released on Xbox.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, AnimalMind said:

Screenshots circling that dino limit will be reduced to 350 per tribe and you can only have so many turrets in a 70x70 area. If WC is doing this so xbox and pc can play against each other PLEASE STOP. No one that plays Ark on pc wants this. NO ONE.

Don't listen to rumors.

1 minute ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Good changes if you ask me. They should also reduce the amount of crap you can build in a certain area. There is no need for these giant lag castles we see on a lot of servers.

There is a reason, without those massive lag structures I would have nowhere to keep all of my tames and loot

4 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Good changes if you ask me. They should also reduce the amount of crap you can build in a certain area. There is no need for these giant lag castles we see on a lot of servers.

This is the wrong attitude, in an open system they went from a 5.5K server limit (no tribe  limit) to a 500 dino tribe limit. This is beyond shocking for players who enjoy breeding and increasing stats on tames. A kibble farm alone could be 100 - 200 dinos.

2 minutes ago, AnimalMind said:

This is the wrong attitude, in an open system they went from a 5.5K server limit (no tribe  limit) to a 500 dino tribe limit. This is beyond shocking for players who enjoy breeding and increasing stats on tames. A kibble farm alone could be 100 - 200 dinos.

Yup already have 140ish tames and we have been building on our server for 2 weeks

1 minute ago, AnimalMind said:

Why do you need 500 dinos? I doubt you'd even regularly use a 5th of those dinos.

Most of the people complaining about this are PVE players anyway. They obviously like to just sit around generating lag on their servers with giant bases that serve no purpose and breeding lots of dinos for which they can't even use since they can't attack anyone with them. Honestly there is no point to it. 

The reasons for the limitation on dinos are purely technical anyway. A server can only handle so much. Less dinos = less lag for everyone.

1 minute ago, Taconite said:

Yup already have 140ish tames and we have been building on our server for 2 weeks

How many players in your tribe and how many of those have you used in battle? How many of those do you use on a daily basis?

I bet most of them never leave the base. This horde mentality is what causes server lag.

1 minute ago, ForzaProiettile said:

How many players in your tribe and how many of those have you used in battle? How many of those do you use on a daily basis?

I bet most of them never leave the base. This horde mentality is what causes server lag.

So kibble dinos, in our case well over 100, are used daily. They poop eggs we pick them up and repeat. The rest of our dinos are breed for better stats and continue the breed lines until they either die in boss fights, defense or raids. This is PVP we are talking about PVE is another issue all to itself.

2 minutes ago, AnimalMind said:

So kibble dinos, in our case well over 100, are used daily. They poop eggs we pick them up and repeat. The rest of our dinos are breed for better stats and continue the breed lines until they either die in boss fights, defense or raids. This is PVP we are talking about PVE is another issue all to itself.

I've been in one of these large tribes and I can say with clarity that rarely if any of the dinos actually get used. We had 50 brontos, 50 wyrevens, around 20 gigas and 30+ rexes. You'd take maybe 1 or 2 Brontos on a raid rest would be gathering dust in the base. The wyrevens were the same hardly ever used. 

There is no need for this hoarding really. It becomes a chore with the upkeep to feed them.

1 minute ago, Ugodzilla said:

What Raids have you been in? oO Some wooden base, 2 Player Tribe Raids or what

Raided tribes with about 30 players on. If you have the high end stats on the Bronto that we had plus a quality saddle and a good supply of vege cakes 2 Brontos was enough for a around 50+ turrets on one side of the base.

7 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Raided tribes with about 30 players on. If you have the high end stats on the Bronto that we had plus a quality saddle and a good supply of vege cakes 2 Brontos was enough for a around 50+ turrets on one side of the base.

This is what you can do when you offline raid, brontos can go down super fast if you are fighting guys that fight back.

Archived