Feeling absolutely gutted

BadDaddyLennon

13 hours ago, l4m3r said:

If you want to live on PVP its all about dipmoatic ;). So dont tame a lot of Dinos if you cant defend it ;). I see so much bases with stones and a few plants thats not defence at all. Even a few Turrets is not a Defence always push you Defence first make sure that if you get raidet they dont can hurt you. If you get pissed of an Alpha tribe you can play Rebel style. Camp with Sniper at Spots you know there where often there. Kill their tames steal the Kibble out  of Dinos they want to tame. Raid outpots they sure begin to hate so that they have attaked you ;) You can hurt a big tribe so much with 3 ppls :)

Remind me time when i stalked for all big tribe went offline and burnt down all their uncovered high end dinos with flame arrows just becuz they bullied me:Jerbmad:

23 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Yes it does. It's the fundamental, main point of that game mode.

No it does not, PVP can be played with respect and honour aswell, however these are things that people are lacking these days. If everyone had this respect and honour for other people, most of the PVP complaints would be inexistant. Sadly people become monsters when playing on a server without rules and do everything (cheating, lying, betraying, etc)  just for their personal gain.

35 minutes ago, Griffin1984 said:

No it does not, PVP can be played with respect and honour aswell, however these are things that people are lacking these days. If everyone had this respect and honour for other people, most of the PVP complaints would be inexistant. Sadly people become monsters when playing on a server without rules and do everything (cheating, lying, betraying, etc)  just for their personal gain.

Read the topic. PvP Is a mode that is fundamentally made for fighting other players. Wiping someone out of fun is completely legitimate in PvP. Anyone who disagrees with it or goes friendly in PvP without taking precaussions that he will get wiped is a massive fool. Period.

52 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Read the topic. PvP Is a mode that is fundamentally made for fighting other players. Wiping someone out of fun is completely legitimate in PvP. Anyone who disagrees with it or goes friendly in PvP without taking precaussions that he will get wiped is a massive fool. Period.

I am not talking about rules being existant or not, i am talking about the character of players playing without rules. You just proved my previous statement.....

On 19/09/2017 at 9:30 AM, BadDaddyLennon said:

In in a tribe of only 3 people me my son and my brother and play on a PvP primitive server we are completely friendly and have spent the last 2 months building and taming.

However when we came on yesterday we have been complete smashed and all our tames have been killed (everything) it turns out that someone else on our server told a bigger tribe that we attacked them when we 100% didnt  and got them to trash us the reason is we didn't want to trade with him 

I just don't understand why someone would do this I know it's a PvP server but we have never attacked or tried to get into someone's house this is just not fair on us that we loose everything that we worked hard for all because some idiot telling lies about us

Lol go play pve mate it sounds more like your thing.  If you insist on playing pvp,  suck it up,  your going to get wiped many times its the game,  don't complain in chat,  don't cry just rebuild and carry on. 

I can never understand how people cry about being pvp d on a pvp server,  it's like complaints that some one shot you on call of duty,  that's why your here to raid and be raided,  if you don't want that go to pve or some dodgy unofficial server where the admin controls what everyone does. 

3 hours ago, Griffin1984 said:

I am not talking about rules being existant or not, i am talking about the character of players playing without rules. You just proved my previous statement.....

Your post about rules in PvP is completely redundant. Noone talked about rules or how someone broke them.

If I lie to a tribe and tell them Tribe x raided them, and they're stupid enough to believe me, I did not break any rule and nor did they. You cannot compare this to rule breaches you mentioned.

And your argument about honor and respect is utterly subjective. As long as you do not break set rules by WC, anything goes in PvP.

17 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Your post about rules in PvP is completely redundant. Noone talked about rules or how someone broke them.

If I lie to a tribe and tell them Tribe x raided them, and they're stupid enough to believe me, I did not break any rule and nor did they. You cannot compare this to rule breaches you mentioned.

And your argument about honor and respect is utterly subjective. As long as you do not break set rules by WC, anything goes in PvP.

Quote me on where i ever said that there where rules in PVP???? This is the second time you answer me with this while i have never stated that.

I said and i quote "No it does not, PVP can be played with respect and honour aswell, however these are things that people are lacking these days. If everyone had this respect and honour for other people, most of the PVP complaints would be inexistant. Sadly people become monsters when playing on a server without rules and do everything (cheating, lying, betraying, etc)  just for their personal gain."

Meaning: even if there are no rules, it doesn't mean people should kill the fun of other players (respect for other people) but it's human nature to not care about this. Which is why i also stated that the OP should go play on unofficial or PVE where these issues don't happen (as much) :) 

On 9/19/2017 at 5:51 PM, ForzaProiettile said:

Yep Official PVP isn't for the weak. Kill or be killed. Most small tribes I see on servers tend to be new/inexperienced and thus easy prey for others. 

If you are a small tribe with the current unbalanced tribe cap limit of 70 you don't stand a chance against the much larger tribes but you can still be an effective guerrilla fighter if you know the tricks to the game and are adapt at making virtual friends. This however requires a lot of knowledge of game mechanics and a sharp mind for diplomacy/social engineering.  I run a crew of 5 bandits who are very successful but collectively we have around 12000 hours of ingame playtime (Each of us have over 2000 hours played, I have nearly 4000 myself). 

If you are keen on playing PVP I would recommend you join an already established tribe. You will pick up a lot of tricks and tips during that time and when you feel you are truly ready you can part ways and try life again on your own.

I agree with Forza!

18 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Agreed. There is no room for rules in PVP.

Also if you work the diplomacy good and manage to get tribes fighting each other then it means you've outplayed them, outsmarted them. They deserve their fate.

18 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Lol go play pve mate it sounds more like your thing.  If you insist on playing pvp,  suck it up,  your going to get wiped many times its the game,  don't complain in chat,  don't cry just rebuild and carry on. 

I can never understand how people cry about being pvp d on a pvp server,  it's like complaints that some one shot you on call of duty,  that's why your here to raid and be raided,  if you don't want that go to pve or some dodgy unofficial server where the admin controls what everyone does. 

Well said PVP isn't for carebears and people wanting a safe space. It's meant to be brutal, vulgar and intense. Slaughter your neighbour, steal his cattle and raze his castle to the ground. This is what PVP in ARK is about.

Lets be honest here, the big tribe are prob full of d***heads who get a kick out of wiping smaller tribes. 

Before people start shouting about the fact that its pvp and this is how ARK, i know all of this but why doea that make it right? 

Raiding is fine so is kos but why fully wipe them out?  Because they are either kids or have the mental age of a kid.

Ive started on the Offline Protected Server. I like the danger of pvp, and being defensive but hated pve when i tried it. My base and raft are always there when i log on but i still need to wary when online. 

So far it seems good, so maybe you should give it a try. 

3 hours ago, GREYW0LF said:

Lets be honest here, the big tribe are prob full of d***heads who get a kick out of wiping smaller tribes. 

Before people start shouting about the fact that its pvp and this is how ARK, i know all of this but why doea that make it right? 

Raiding is fine so is kos but why fully wipe them out?  Because they are either kids or have the mental age of a kid.

Ive started on the Offline Protected Server. I like the danger of pvp, and being defensive but hated pve when i tried it. My base and raft are always there when i log on but i still need to wary when online. 

So far it seems good, so maybe you should give it a try. 

Well tbh I'm in a small tribe and I enjoy wiping out other small tribes. For us they are our primary source of nutrition in our food chain.

When you play PVP in this game you have to put your morals and ethics to one side if you want to survive and dominate. That is something I discovered a long time ago. You have to think as a caveman with a spear not as a modern day human rights advocate going around giving quaint speeches.

We are now looking to move to a new sever we are only used to playing on primitive but we are thinking about a change to something else any suggestions

I would suggest a PvE server. Not trying to be rude, but if you're not interested in getting wiped, PvP probably isn't the place for you. Getting wiped is the price of admission.

Which is exactly why people play on PvE servers. You have to play Ark the way it is, not the idealized version you want it to be.

I think they need to add a new feature into the game for PVP Mode...

1) If you see another tribes building, it should tell you how many players in that tribe are currently online. It should say "Bobs Tribe, Current Players Online 3/20" or if no one is online, it should say "Bobs Tribe, Last Online 12 Hours Ago"

2) If you decide to RAID a tribes base when they have no players online, then I feel that the tribe who was offline raided/attacked should get some sort of window where they can exact same revenge a bit easier. My idea for this, is when someone attacks you/your base offline, the person who attacked you will appear on your map for a period of time. (I am thinking a 12 hour period). The 12 hour timer starts as soon as the first attack is made. So if you attack someone offline, the timer starts, so when the tribe who was attacked comes online, the timer will have dwindled down from 12 hours to maybe just a few hours depending on how long it is before they log on after they've been attacked. 

3) I would put a 1 or 2 hour delay on the offline raid timer though, so if a tribe logs off, and they get attacked within 2 hours of logging off, then the person/tribe who attacked them will not appear on there map for 12 hours. This will prevent people logging off during an attack in order to get a GPS map advantage of the enemy on the cheap (Hence the reason why I think if no tribe member(s) are online, it should tell you when they were last online) 

What do you guys think? 

30 minutes ago, Taktikz said:

I think they need to add a new feature into the game for PVP Mode...

1) If you see another tribes building, it should tell you how many players in that tribe are currently online. It should say "Bobs Tribe, Current Players Online 3/20" or if no one is online, it should say "Bobs Tribe, Last Online 12 Hours Ago"

2) If you decide to RAID a tribes base when they have no players online, then I feel that the tribe who was offline raided/attacked should get some sort of window where they can exact same revenge a bit easier. My idea for this, is when someone attacks you/your base offline, the person who attacked you will appear on your map for a period of time. (I am thinking a 12 hour period). The 12 hour timer starts as soon as the first attack is made. So if you attack someone offline, the timer starts, so when the tribe who was attacked comes online, the timer will have dwindled down from 12 hours to maybe just a few hours depending on how long it is before they log on after they've been attacked. 

3) I would put a 1 or 2 hour delay on the offline raid timer though, so if a tribe logs off, and they get attacked within 2 hours of logging off, then the person/tribe who attacked them will not appear on there map for 12 hours. This will prevent people logging off during an attack in order to get a GPS map advantage of the enemy on the cheap (Hence the reason why I think if no tribe member(s) are online, it should tell you when they were last online) 

What do you guys think? 

Your suggestion would merely encourage an uptick in offline raiding by making things a whole lot easier. The second suggestion doesn't belong in a competitive PVP environment.

On 9/19/2017 at 4:30 AM, BadDaddyLennon said:

In in a tribe of only 3 people me my son and my brother and play on a PvP primitive server we are completely friendly and have spent the last 2 months building and taming.

However when we came on yesterday we have been complete smashed and all our tames have been killed (everything) it turns out that someone else on our server told a bigger tribe that we attacked them when we 100% didnt  and got them to trash us the reason is we didn't want to trade with him 

I just don't understand why someone would do this I know it's a PvP server but we have never attacked or tried to get into someone's house this is just not fair on us that we loose everything that we worked hard for all because some idiot telling lies about us

So sorry You got littlefinger'd :(

On 21.9.2017 at 10:13 AM, Griffin1984 said:

Quote me on where i ever said that there where rules in PVP???? This is the second time you answer me with this while i have never stated that.

I said and i quote "No it does not, PVP can be played with respect and honour aswell, however these are things that people are lacking these days. If everyone had this respect and honour for other people, most of the PVP complaints would be inexistant. Sadly people become monsters when playing on a server without rules and do everything (cheating, lying, betraying, etc)  just for their personal gain."

Meaning: even if there are no rules, it doesn't mean people should kill the fun of other players (respect for other people) but it's human nature to not care about this. Which is why i also stated that the OP should go play on unofficial or PVE where these issues don't happen (as much) :) 

You literally complain about people playing against rules in PvP. Rules noone made but people who get destroyed make up. RUles like Honour. And you claim people break rules set by WC by cheating and such all the time. In the same post.

i get what OP is saying. most of you are being fairly harsh, it's clear that not only the playstyles of PVP vs PVE are different, but so are the attitudes of those who play.

"getting wiped is the price of admission" really? so the purpose of PVP is to wipe other people? that makes me feel horrible for people who are just starting out that don't know the difference in PVP and PVE. after playing it for several months and understanding how people are, what i've gathered is that PVP is a playground for destructive kids who dislike seeing anyone other than themselves gain anything.

you know "griefing" isn't just some word that was made up to gain pity. it's a real thing. tribes that have plenty of c4 to spare will kill people's low level tames and blow up their small 2x2x2 hut for absolutely nothing...would have gathered more resources without raiding and would have gotten more meat for their dinos on wild ones compared to Bob's level 70 raptor and level 30 trike. grieving kills player morale and makes people want to quit. it is no different that bullying. punching one player who's smaller than you just to get their lunch money.

and that's so stupid, it shouldn't be like that. it's awful that people gain enjoyment from destroying someone else's hard work when they haven't done a single negative thing to anyone on that server. not only that, but 98% of the time the person who does the griefing has NOTHING to gain from the person they just wiped. it's seriously like a little kid with a magnifying glass looking at ants. i'm not against raids and i'm not against killing other players and i'm not even against someone getting wiped if they deserve it...but i don't support what these people do to the smaller tribes.

it took me a while, but i finally understood that THIS is the true nature of PVP. i play this game mode because there is a thrill knowing that someone could break in and raid you or kill you at any time, a tension between tribes and whatnot. that kind of aspect is what i like about PVP. the part i hate is being scared to go on a metal run or even building a base at all in fear that someone will come along and kill your tames and foundation wipe you for absolutely no reason at all. that isn't player vs player, that's alpha vs fodder.

but alas, that's how the game mode is. it takes time to adjust to the fact that PVP is brutal and will upset you more often than it pleases you. but that's it. there is no purpose in PVP other than to do whatever it takes to keep yourself and your tames alive for as long as possible. if you can do that then you are successfully PVPing (in my opinion). 

Archived