Question for the oldies.

Cowgirl

• Volunteer Moderator
11 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

Do you remember the good ol days when dinos were all in a pile, you stick one on follow and they could just walk through the pile? Them were the good ol days now they get hooked on everything...

I can remember when you own tames could get stuck in your buildings, like a rex 1/2 to 3/4 buried in your main building.  Would have to whistle follow and run to different angles, until it could contort/dance free.  Was a pain, but sometimes, really funny to watch.

4 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I remeber the days of logging into find packs of wild allos rampaging round my log off bed room or some other seemingly inaccessible location of my base. Multiple times a week. *Sigh* Those were the days. Still kinda have a Kill on Sight policy with wild allos as a result. 

Or when you'd log in to a base once thriving, now a shell of its former memory, and you go to read your tribe log, only to find a pack of allos went on a midnight snack spree of your dinos.

LORD, how I do not miss those days.

I remember getting killed from dino's that appeared out of nowhere or that chased me miles and swearing to god that someone from WC or another player must be controlling the dinos.  Figured there was some kind of monster player mode like in Left 4 Dead.  Turns out I was just not playing the game very efficiently.

1 hour ago, DarkEliteH2 said:

Or when you'd log in to a base once thriving, now a shell of its former memory, and you go to read your tribe log, only to find a pack of allos went on a midnight snack spree of your dinos.

LORD, how I do not miss those days.

Yeah I certainly dont miss that. So many dinos lost.... In the days before ORP in PvE too. They were pretty good snipers too. Would snipe out that one power cable powering all the fridges or that one pipe holding up tge industrial cooker....

Yeah...remember when you could get stuck inside trees and you insta-died when you broke the tree...or when dinos would get stuck inside trees and started glitching of into the distance, so you had to clear cut a forest until you found the tree they were stuck on

That was pretty bad, lol.

3 hours ago, Joanna said:

Have you also noticed how much better the game looked back then?

No...sounds like rose colored glasses to me. A month or two back I was going through some old hard drives and found an Ark install that was on patch 174. Booted into single player and the game looked terrible and performed almost as badly. The game looks better now on low settings than it did then on epic settings then.

Archived