Thoughts on the Tamed Dinosaurs Limit?

Snoopy

(I did not read most of the comments only skimmed) HOWEVER, I see most people in this thread are in a smaller tribe. With that being said that 500 dino cap does not mean that a tribe will only have 500 dinos. For example I know my tribe has 3 other alternate tribes that are just allied and sitting in our base (The tribe being of about 70-80 active members) so this ''500 dino capp'' honestly does nothing, the people who want to have more than 500 dinos will have more than 500 dinos. It honestly is just a hindrance to the larger tribes. 

14 hours ago, Housatonic said:

To half the people in this thread - you realize you're the reason for this limit, right?
There is a max number of tames a server can accomodate, because of technical limitations. The tribe cap is there because you're not the only person on that server that wants to tame stuff. Because it's impossible for everyone to have it all, no matter how useless. The cap isn't there to say you have to jump through hoops to be a selfish ass, it's there to tell you to reconsider those 5 parasaurs you still have around when you're not taming anything smaller than a giga anymore.
Every time I see people try to demonize the cap, they always start with "there are this many egg layers in the game, times such or such to get a proper egg laying team of each species." Stop. Right there. Your whole wall of text has already been rendered useless. You thinking you're entitled to egg layers you won't use in years of gameplay is not a valid reason to deny other players their actually used tames. It takes you ten minutes to look around and actually figure out which eggs you need, and which you don't. If you can't do that, you're the problem this cap is trying to fix.

Hellllll no. I'm here breeding like 20 Paracers at once, and then it'll be 30 at once, 40 at once, then 50. Not even joking. Then I'll start doing the same with rexes, brontos, theris, etc. Gotta prepare for war. I don't think the limit should exist. I need eggs for imprinting and taming, then imprinting and taming.

Archived