Are dinos supposed to despawn, when they get stuck?

Amichi

I've tried to tame four megatheriums lately, whereas two drowned, and two despawned. Now this is actually very frustrating, considering they were 145-150!

Now, the two that despawned, got stuck in my wyvern for a couple of seconds, and then they decided to leave me, without even saying as much as goodbye to me on beforehand.
Is this supposed to happen? Or is this a bug?

yaeh the despawn and all dino AI in this game just went fubar.

dinos run away now no matter what, even dinos that are supposed to come snuggle you (dolphins). you can definately tell the flee mechanic is triggered in almost all dinos. 

and the despawn mechanic? say goodbye to kiting things, as once they are a screen away from their original spawn point, they will despawn as soon as they run into terrain. just had THREE level 135, 145, and 150 griffins despawn on me consecutively.

1 hour ago, dslick said:

yaeh the despawn and all dino AI in this game just went fubar.

dinos run away now no matter what, even dinos that are supposed to come snuggle you (dolphins). you can definately tell the flee mechanic is triggered in almost all dinos. 

and the despawn mechanic? say goodbye to kiting things, as once they are a screen away from their original spawn point, they will despawn as soon as they run into terrain. just had THREE level 135, 145, and 150 griffins despawn on me consecutively.

Aaargh, so sorry to hear that. I hope it'll be changed soon, as I'm slowly losing my sanity!

Archived