Jump to content

zenjack

Artifact of the Skylord not spawning in Single Player

Recommended Posts

Just went through the Northwest cave on the Island.  I play single player, splitscreen with the wife on xbox one.  We spent hours trying to figure out if we'd missed something in that cave.  No loot drops, no Artifact of the Skylord.  We had to go onto bloody youtube to figure out where it was supposed to spawn so we know where it's supposed to be and it's just not there.  Look, I've bloody supported you guys, defended you guys, been supportive of the development process, but this is just too much.  This is supposed to be a finished damned game and I can't even play it the way it's meant to be played because one of the primary elements to ascend is freaking MISSING!  I'd be a whole let less angry if this game was in Beta, but as a full release!?  This is just damned ridiculous!  I am very glad I bought Ark in beta, because if I'd spent $60.00 on this game, I'd be absolutely livid.  Sorry for the rant, but this is just so disappointing.  It's like you don't even care about the folks who play single player.

Edited by zenjack
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing in solo player and I teleported myself to the front of the cave. No artifact. So I thought, 'maybe if I leave the area and come in, give the area and cave time to load', still no artifact. I've gotten the artifact before because I just went for the artifact of the strong and just unlocked an achievement for getting them all. I got it maybe 6 months ago on an actual server. Not sure if the issue is specific to Solo Hosted games. Kind of annoying after the official launch that this became an issue. I'm playing on PC from steam.

Edited by Bwicked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Artifact of skylord missing for me also in single player on PS4! 

It's ecspecially aggravating since I'm already unable to fight alpha megapethicus! Thylacoleo and spinosaurus have stopped spawning for at least a week now! 

No thyla claws and spino sail means no fighting alpha megapethicas. 

Missing skylord artifact means I can't fight any level of  dragon ? So much for ascension.

My charicter is lv100 and I've beaten all levels of spider. Almost all megapethicus accept alpha so I don't think I'm missing any requirements. 

I really hope this gets resolved..

On 9/18/2017 at 12:45 AM, zenjack said:

Just went through the Northwest cave on the Island.  I play single player, splitscreen with the wife on xbox one.  We spent hours trying to figure out if we'd missed something in that cave.  No loot drops, no Artifact of the Skylord.  We had to go onto bloody youtube to figure out where it was supposed to spawn so we know where it's supposed to be and it's just not there.  Look, I've bloody supported you guys, defended you guys, been supportive of the development process, but this is just too much.  This is supposed to be a finished damned game and I can't even play it the way it's meant to be played because one of the primary elements to ascend is freaking MISSING!  I'd be a whole let less angry if this game was in Beta, but as a full release!?  This is just damned ridiculous!  I am very glad I bought Ark in beta, because if I'd spent $60.00 on this game, I'd be absolutely livid.  Sorry for the rant, but this is just so disappointing.  It's like you don't even care about the folks who play single player.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I played today for the first time in at least a month because the skylord artifact wouldn't spawn for single player on PS4.

I now realize they just really don't give a $ch!t.. This is a known issue for single player on more than one system with several complaints from several places or blogs!

 

I've waited over a month now for updates to fix this issue since the last helpful "Chinese translation" update.. Finally yesterday and today performance updates rolled out! Could it be the miracle (bug fix) I've been waiting for!?!?

 

They didn't fix the issue there still no skylord artifact. So apparently it's not important for single players to be able to ascend and play Ragnarok! I could cheat to play the broken game but nope even the admin commands aren't working!!

 

It was fun while it lasted (when it worked correctly). I patiently waited for this bug fix. I never complained during beta but this game isn't beta anymore! Your selling it now as fully released! 

Now it's more broken and dissapointing then the beta version! At least when it was beta I could just play the center. I have to ascend which isn't possible!

 

I'm not waiting around anymore. I'm not wasting my time building and creating my tribe anymore because it's pointless! I'm done playing Ark and getting my hopes up.

 

I will forever avoid or be skeptical of wildcard games after the continuous let downs and learning they don't care about the single players! Even they've loyally, patiently followed from the beginning. 

Single player on Ark doesn't matter. A single player on Ark is worthless and their happiness/satisfaction is irrelevant. Message received guys!

 

sorry for the rant but it's my farewell. Would've been nice to play the game the way its advertised! I now realize that's unrealistic for single players since we don't matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DMxAnDr3zxSQ @STICKYF1NGER

Yes it sucks if its actually still broken but you're in singleplayer, just spawn it in. If you want to earn it, do the cave run legit and spawn it in after. Or even set up the cave so you can earn it legit. Ghost or teleport yourself down there spawn in the artifact crate for the skylord in correct location then ghost or teleport out. Then do the cave legit. I agree you shouldnt have to but dont let such an easily resolved issue ruin the game for you. Theres plenty of real issues that are waiting to ruin the game for you.

Edited by TedyBearOfDeath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

@DMxAnDr3zxSQ @STICKYF1NGER

Yes it sucks if its actually still broken but you're in singleplayer, just spawn it in. If you want to earn it, do the cave run legit and spawn it in after. Or even set up the cave so you can earn it legit. Ghost or teleport yourself down there spawn in the artifact crate for the skylord in correct location then ghost or teleport out. Then do the cave legit. I agree you shouldnt have to but dont let such an easily resolved issue ruin the game for you. Theres plenty of real issues that are waiting to ruin the game for you.

I have seen this issue on Dedicated servers as well.... Shame after 8+ months this is still a bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/01/2018 at 1:15 AM, TedyBearOfDeath said:

@DMxAnDr3zxSQ @STICKYF1NGER

Yes it sucks if its actually still broken but you're in singleplayer, just spawn it in. If you want to earn it, do the cave run legit and spawn it in after. Or even set up the cave so you can earn it legit. Ghost or teleport yourself down there spawn in the artifact crate for the skylord in correct location then ghost or teleport out. Then do the cave legit. I agree you shouldnt have to but dont let such an easily resolved issue ruin the game for you. Theres plenty of real issues that are waiting to ruin the game for you.

Can you do this on PS4? I would if I knew how 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2017 at 3:12 AM, 2ndcorin5thv10 said:

They didn't fix the issue there still no skylord artifact. So apparently it's not important for single players to be able to ascend and play Ragnarok! I could cheat to play the broken game but nope even the admin commands aren't working!!

The command is case sensitive. (admincheat playercommand Ascend3)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might have a solution for Xbox-one on single-player but you don't want to or don't know how to use commands.

I don't know if this will work for everyone but I've had the same issue with this for a while. I would go into the cave to find no artifact spending a couple of hours in the cave with it not spawning. However after storing all my stuff in a chest and putting down a few beds outside the cave I decided to run around jumping over all the gaps there (after clearing the cave) and dying a few times. I don't know if its the dying or clearing the cave or pulling off the jumps (because it says skylord, dumb but it could help) and then the artifact spawned! 

I hope this has helped some people, but this is just my experience on Xbox-one. I hope it works for people and this was helpful. I recommend doing this with no items (if you chose to jump over stuff so you don't have to worry about dying)

If this does not work then sorry, just thought that if it worked for me then it could work for others.

Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

How is a trap?

Hello,

Since 2017 the developers made changes to single player, server and client core game.

So its old. if it ever was relavant since time stops in single player when off,  30 minutes is needed for crates on official servers. In 2017 not a problem on official.

Regards,

Ariana 

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

Since 2017 the developers made changes to single player, server and client core game.

So its old. if it ever was relavant since time stops in single player when off,  30 minutes is needed for crates on official servers. In 2017 not a problem on official.

Regards,

Ariana 

There were plenty of relevant replies in march and april of this year making a point that this was still an issue. Just because it is old doesnt mean it is irrelevant. There were multiple threads about this topic around the same time, all basically saying the same thing. That people were spending hours trying to get the artifact of the skylord on singleplayer with no luck while they could get the other artifacts just fine. Its not that they didnt understand how they worked. 

So someone saying "hey it seems to be working for me now and heres what I did." Is a great response to this thread and not a "trap" whatever thats supposed to mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

Since 2017 the developers made changes to single player, server and client core game.

So its old. if it ever was relavant since time stops in single player when off,  30 minutes is needed for crates on official servers. In 2017 not a problem on official.

Regards,

Ariana 

If I read what you are saying there is 30 minutes between spawns, well it has to spawn once first!!

Trust me it takes more than 30 minutes to collect the others, even trying to collect that one last, it is never there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...