zenjack

Artifact of the Skylord not spawning in Single Player

5 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

Because people playing on servers have no way of forcing a restart.  Nobody is going to sit there in single player, fly all the way to a cave, get to the artifact chamber and reset just to cheese an artifact, if they were going to cheat they would just console command it.  If you fight through a cave full of enemies, you shouldn’t have to deal with no artifact just because you haven’t idled in the cave for half an hour.  Plus you can only pick up one artifact at a time, so I fail to see how people playing on official servers could possibly force a restart just to have an artifact respawn they can’t pick up.  It should be set that a reset spawns the artifacts in regardless.

Why are you telling me this, I was not the one who originally asked the question.

Secondly, I never said anything about restarting the server, except that it is by design.

Hello,

I noticed that the area around the cave of Skylord changed and also they moved the artifact possition slightly into a more open area. Still the artifact can be found in the same location.

In single player (SP) WC now include the artifact into a saveworld or exit game save operation. And that is great.used to be that a relog despawned it.

Once it spawns, not every 30 min, after 1 hour plus plus plus it is saved if we exit. Command slomo do not spped the process up. 

So check out the changes and bring some structures because you will be there for sometime. I tamed a 145 Megatherium 2000 oil 800 pearls and two Megalodon Fin :) and two alpha Carno with lots of good loot ;)

Regards,

Ariana 

No artifact in the cave, roamed around for way too long looking for it and walled off every pathway that didn't have anything until the entire cave was walled off - Single Player. So 3 years and they can't add in the artifact to single player?

This is a joke this has still not been fixed. I still play ark almost everyday and I enjoy it so much but I always have the artifact of the skylord in the back of my head reminding me of the darker side of this game but after 3 years I don't know what to do it has been to long wild card "get your poop together" please. you just released a amazing update (homestead) but maybe you should put you minds onto something a bit more important like an artefact that stops you from completing the island you know just your original map the one that started it all but I guess you have just lost the spark. please just fix this bug and restore your single player community's trust. :(

1 hour ago, brokengame said:

This is a joke this has still not been fixed. I still play ark almost everyday and I enjoy it so much but I always have the artifact of the skylord in the back of my head reminding me of the darker side of this game but after 3 years I don't know what to do it has been to long wild card "get your poop together" please. you just released a amazing update (homestead) but maybe you should put you minds onto something a bit more important like an artefact that stops you from completing the island you know just your original map the one that started it all but I guess you have just lost the spark. please just fix this bug and restore your single player community's trust. :(

Ikr, this bug happened around the time the tek cave was released.  Its so sad something so instrumental and important to both the story and gameplay progress has been left unattended for so long.  Its even worse that they fixed it for official but not for anyone else.  Why couldnt they fix it for every1?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/2/2018 at 3:35 AM, hazzard182 said:

I might have a solution for Xbox-one on single-player but you don't want to or don't know how to use commands.

I don't know if this will work for everyone but I've had the same issue with this for a while. I would go into the cave to find no artifact spending a couple of hours in the cave with it not spawning. However after storing all my stuff in a chest and putting down a few beds outside the cave I decided to run around jumping over all the gaps there (after clearing the cave) and dying a few times. I don't know if its the dying or clearing the cave or pulling off the jumps (because it says skylord, dumb but it could help) and then the artifact spawned! 

I hope this has helped some people, but this is just my experience on Xbox-one. I hope it works for people and this was helpful. I recommend doing this with no items (if you chose to jump over stuff so you don't have to worry about dying)

If this does not work then sorry, just thought that if it worked for me then it could work for others.

Good luck

oh my god, made a bed out side, ran inside nude all over the place died 3 times, and it spawned (Xbox Single player)

Edited by Poulpc

23 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

So finally it works then, that is good.

The main reason for the spawn to fail is that a structure or player is too close so that the spawning is omitted.  Its a small cave so other caves that are larger do not have this problem unless you build close to the artifact that is.

Never ever have I known structures to stop spawning, most cases you can't even build near them any way. On PC you can change this and on some maps, we have built lights over some so the spawn position is highly visible. Been doing that for 3 years without any issues.

BTW, the Skylord is still bugged here in Single Player mode

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Never ever have I known structures to stop spawning, most cases you can't even build near them any way. On PC you can change this and on some maps, we have built lights over some so the spawn position is highly visible. Been doing that for 3 years without any issues.

BTW, the Skylord is still bugged here in Single Player mode

Hello,

As I wrote my answer. I thought of you dear.

So I now refine my answer with

-loot crates do not spawn if player or structures are near to stop spawning and possibly even artifact of skylord on the Island map (since the small size of the cave).

Done. I look forward to the xbox update that now are in certification at Microsoft hopefully the update fixes the many crashes in servers and single player and not the hard soawning of the skylord artifact since the Island is a hard map.

Since they moved the artifact slightly I personally find it harder to spawn the artifact skylords than before and still it spawns in just fine.

/Ari

Edited by ArianaGaming
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

As I wrote my answer. I thought of you dear.

So I now refine my answer with

-loot crates do not spawn if player or structures are near to stop spawning and possibly even artifact of skylord on the Island map (since the small size of the cave).

Done. I look forward to the xbox update that now are in certification at Microsoft hopefully the update fixes the many crashes in servers and single player and not the hard soawning of the skylord artifact since the Island is a hard map.

Since they moved the artifact slightly I personally find it harder to spawn the artifact skylords than before and still it spawns in just fine.

/Ari

yeah whatever.......

Opening post describes exactly what happened to me (on PC)

After countless hours of struggling trying to figure out what I did wrong, I used a video guide (which is something I prefer to avoid, I hate spoilers) and the artefact isn't where it is supposed to be.

WHAT THE HELL? THIS WAS REPORTED 2 YEARS AGO AND THERE IS STILL NO WAY TO FINISH THIS GAME LEGITIMATELY WITHOUT CHEATING ? 🤬

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

Umm....   i know this reply may (probably will) upset a few people.

Besides, i play on xbox but see no reason why there would be much difference in the game code compared to pc for this issue.

The game is not broken, there is no glitch preventing this artifact from spawning. It just doesn't spawn as simply as the rest.

This artifact and the cave present a puzzle or a challenge for players to solve.  I did.

Wild card just aren't going to hand over the solution for this one. They may expect players to earn it. At least they should have responded and announced this much rather than letting everyone think it's broken and resort to admin spawning instead.

Originally, i thought the game was broke, especially after reading all the posts but it's fine.

I won't reveal what i found but will say it is not time based, not render distance based. Nor is it prevented by armour, weapons combinations or inventory. And i didn't need to do any risking jumping... tried that and died a lot !

Pay attention to everything in the cave and you just might notice that 'something'  that leads the way (kind of).

btw, I've got 4 in the cupboard and I'm going back for more. (Don't really need them but they look good on a pedestal in the greenhouse)

Good luck

Edited by QuasiBiquitous

On 6/7/2019 at 12:45 AM, JaguarJmn said:

I believe I have figured it out. So I did the waiting and dying methods, which didn't work. I believe the way to get it to spawn is to around the cave and break the glowing blue thin crystal rocks. I have down this twice and the artifact has spawned each time.

I hope this helps! @dodogal @CyberAngel67

hmmm, interesting..

On 5/24/2019 at 2:23 PM, QuasiBiquitous said:

Hello everyone,

Umm....   i know this reply may (probably will) upset a few people.

Besides, i play on xbox but see no reason why there would be much difference in the game code compared to pc for this issue.

The game is not broken, there is no glitch preventing this artifact from spawning. It just doesn't spawn as simply as the rest.

This artifact and the cave present a puzzle or a challenge for players to solve.  I did.

Wild card just aren't going to hand over the solution for this one. They may expect players to earn it. At least they should have responded and announced this much rather than letting everyone think it's broken and resort to admin spawning instead.

Originally, i thought the game was broke, especially after reading all the posts but it's fine.

I won't reveal what i found but will say it is not time based, not render distance based. Nor is it prevented by armour, weapons combinations or inventory. And i didn't need to do any risking jumping... tried that and died a lot !

Pay attention to everything in the cave and you just might notice that 'something'  that leads the way (kind of).

btw, I've got 4 in the cupboard and I'm going back for more. (Don't really need them but they look good on a pedestal in the greenhouse)

Good luck

this is a load of crap, it is a spawn  distance issue

someone on youtube summed it up :

you have to be in the cave for the artifact to spawn but at thesame time far enough or the spawn will be skipped

it's the same mechanics for every artifact except this cave is so small it's nearly impossible to be far enough and long enough for it to spawn unless you know exactly where the artifact is supposed to spawn, and where you need to camp for ~15min for it to spawn

in other words it's a game glitch, they should have adjusted the spawn mechanics for that particular artifact considering the tiny size of the cave

1 hour ago, dodogal said:

this is a load of crap, it is a spawn  distance issue

someone on youtube summed it up :

you have to be in the cave for the artifact to spawn but at thesame time far enough or the spawn will be skipped

it's the same mechanics for every artifact except this cave is so small it's nearly impossible to be far enough and long enough for it to spawn unless you know exactly where the artifact is supposed to spawn, and where you need to camp for ~15min for it to spawn

in other words it's a game glitch, they should have adjusted the spawn mechanics for that particular artifact considering the tiny size of the cave

Not to mention, that ONLY Single Player is having this issue.