Raising Wyverns: Is it possible if you have a job?

metsfan92286

Wildcard, I understand you want taming a Wyvern to be difficult.  But there is a difference between "difficulty" and "requiring that I be unemployed and on the game all day long".  The decision to no longer allow mlik to be stored in fridges is monumentally stupid.  It's bad enough that unless I can check on my wyvern once every few hours, he'll die.  But add into the mix that I now need to go on a 30-60 minute long wyvern milk excursion every time I need to feed him, and you've basically just eliminated anyone with actual real world responsibilities and schedules from ever riding one of these beasts.  Please, for the love of god, let us store milk in fridges again, or at least extend the spoil timer so that milk can be kept for at least 24 hours.  I mean is it really too much to ask?

1 hour ago, metsfan92286 said:

Wildcard, I understand you want taming a Wyvern to be difficult.  But there is a difference between "difficulty" and "requiring that I be unemployed and on the game all day long".  The decision to no longer allow mlik to be stored in fridges is monumentally stupid.  It's bad enough that unless I can check on my wyvern once every few hours, he'll die.  But add into the mix that I now need to go on a 30-60 minute long wyvern milk excursion every time I need to feed him, and you've basically just eliminated anyone with actual real world responsibilities and schedules from ever riding one of these beasts.  Please, for the love of god, let us store milk in fridges again, or at least extend the spoil timer so that milk can be kept for at least 24 hours.  I mean is it really too much to ask?

Milk was literally never allowed to be put in a fridge 

with 2x weekends? its very easy ..... we let it bear at Fr 18:00 feed it at 00:00 last time next Day SA 8:00 another feeding and then on Evening around 20:00 Feeding the last time.... So 3 Times feeding for a Full grown Wyvern .... It is very very easy to raise a Wyvern no match with a Giga....

IF you cant breed them alone look for Friends and work thogether.... Its not that hard to raise... 

5 hours ago, metsfan92286 said:

Don't play the game then...

Yes, it is possible, but I would recommend it on a server with permanently raised rates depending on how many you wish to raise. If it's only one, I would say it matters little what type of server you are on. I play singleplayer with raised rates, so it's much easier for me to do, but that's just me. I don't have a job, but I attend university for several hours a day, four to five days a week and can do it.

It is possible if you have a day off during the x2 events that are normally on the weekends. You can at least get the wyverns through their baby phase so that if you have to work the next day they will hopefully last without milk until you get home. Besides dying, the worst is you won't have perfect imprints. It is helpful if you have tribemates that can be on to feed the wyverns milk at least once while you are away at work.

16 hours ago, metsfan92286 said:

If you have the ability to plan ahead, then yes, it's totally doable. If you lack the ability to plan ahead, then no, it's not doable...but if you just plain don't have the time, ultimately that's on you.

If official rates are too low for you, if you just don't have the time, fortunately there is an alternative. You can do the exact same things, but faster. If you're hard up on time and don't feel like being a no-lifer on official, give unofficial a try. The increased rates and - in most cases - less toxic community of many unofficial servers might be just what you need...there are even mods with fridges that can hold milk.

17 hours ago, metsfan92286 said:

Yes it is too much to ask as they want you to tribe up. While your tribe mates can't imprint for you, they can definitely feed it the milk to keep it alive and growing. So do what was intended and tribe up.

we've been trading Griffs for Wyvs pretty successfully, Griffs are so easy to tame as well, 2.5 hour tame with mutton which is found easily in the highlands on rag. I imagine if you found a stack of high level wyv eggs someone would happily trade an adult for them. Unfortunately if time constraints are a problem this game is pretty limiting to players. Our tribe has a few guys who are just wyvern raisers which makes it much easier, however I have raised a few myself and I have a job and go to University so it's totally possible if you give up on a ridiculous amount of sleep and going outside :p.

9 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

As I understand it on official, wyvern needs milk every 3 hours or less if baby. 1200 food points for each bottle. So you need to have someone else in your friends or in your family to help out. In PvP you also need someone not to bad at ARK since one needs to get the milk as well.

It really depends on the baby. Don't be that person who raises a level 85. A 190 can go without food for a long time.

A wyvern's food as a baby drops 360 per hour. This food drop decreases as they grow. 

1 minute ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

A wyvern's food as a baby drops 360 per hour. This food drop decreases as they grow. 

Is that still accurate? I think it even dropped some with a patch a while back where babies eat less? When I timed my recently hatched wyvern it timed at 300 an hour.
Needing tribes is also crap - just leave a trough unlocked and anyone can toss milk in. Or hatch it on the weekend or a day off so it can last a while before you have to be away for long periods of time.
Wyverns are the easiest babies, by far, and given what you get out of it, raising them is a laugh, compared to the times on some other babies.

On 9/17/2017 at 11:41 PM, metsfan92286 said:

1. Get a tribe to feed the wyverns.

2. Tame a bunch of daeodons so they passive-heal the starving wyverns. (Have lots of food in a trough nearby)

5 hours ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

It really depends on the baby. Don't be that person who raises a level 85. A 190 can go without food for a long time.

This is notably important. Higher levels have higher food.

Also, at OP, you can put milk in a preserving bin with sparkpowder & salt....?

14 hours ago, Housatonic said:

Is that still accurate? I think it even dropped some with a patch a while back where babies eat less? When I timed my recently hatched wyvern it timed at 300 an hour.
Needing tribes is also crap - just leave a trough unlocked and anyone can toss milk in. Or hatch it on the weekend or a day off so it can last a while before you have to be away for long periods of time.
Wyverns are the easiest babies, by far, and given what you get out of it, raising them is a laugh, compared to the times on some other babies.

I agree, wyverns are pretty easy, but that does not stop me or tribemates from selling to people who don't want to raise. 

360 an hour seems about right, but it could be higher or lower, server lag can really change how much you see decrease

8 hours ago, Drinkinthepink said:

This is notably important. Higher levels have higher food.

Also, at OP, you can put milk in a preserving bin with sparkpowder & salt....?

Raised a 175 over 2x weekend and actually imprinted with milk more than putting milk in its inventory. 

OP:Imprinting with milk DOES raise food as if you were feeding it FYI.

Archived