Is Arks 60 dollars worth it?

Thearkfanatic556

Is arks 60 dollars worth it? You all know by now that Ark is 60 dollars or pounds or whatever, is it worth it? i think now that ragnarok is out and that there is so much content like scorched earth and ragnarok the center and soon to be aberation definetely but before the full release Wildcard decided to make the game $60 which i highly disagreed with because there were 2 decent maps not counting scorched earth and bugginess so i want to see what you think i agree now yes but before ragnarok no.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even before rag and scorched it was WELL worth it in my personal opinion. The amount of content from taming to fighting dinos to collecting various resources and crafting, add in multiplayer battles and the hours you can put into this game is CRAZY. 

Dlc maps and content are just an added bonus. Well worth the 60$ 

Hell no. They are lucky I got it before the nerfs otherwise to me it wouldn't even be worth the original  price to me; and before anybody hurrdurrs about hours played or any of the typical fanboy retorts most of the time played for me was PRE nerf. For one the total amount of time doesn't mean much at all when a product has big changes and for two people don't get to decide what a product is worth to someone else anyways.

got it for 20€, cheap price for the 1500+ hours i put into it and i´m grateful for that

probably would still hesitate to pay 60€ + the 40€ for season pass though, unless some critical changes were made. not only because the game itself became a huge chore once you reach a certain point but also how the community made it impossible to play casually by yourself outside of singleplayer and unofficials, since even in pve the game became so competitive that people form huge tribes to be better than others.

10 hours ago, Thearkfanatic556 said:

Is arks 60 dollars worth it? You all know by now that Ark is 60 dollars or pounds or whatever, is it worth it? i think now that ragnarok is out and that there is so much content like scorched earth and ragnarok the center and soon to be aberation definetely but before the full release Wildcard decided to make the game $60 which i highly disagreed with because there were 2 decent maps not counting scorched earth and bugginess so i want to see what you think i agree now yes but before ragnarok no.

4000+ hours played on official pvp and it's still the only game I play,  ark is well worth $60,  there is so much to do on it,  you can spend hours pve just building a house or castle,  taming up a large Dino ranch,  you can build boats and be a pirate at sea,  raiding everyone you see,  you can be a min max kind of guy and breed up an army of super high level super dinos,  you can join a tribe and take over the whole map,  build defences at all the points of interest and valuable resource spawns,  live in a tree house and be a troll on your ptera,  you can go deep sea diving or cave exploring or you can just tale the day off and go fishing. 

Never before has a game offered so much to do,  it has so many varied ways to play that it will keep you coming back again and again,  do you like mass muliplayer games where 30 people can attack you at any moment,  you like building,  like diplomacy,  like to make other people scream in global chat?  Like dinosaurs?  This is the game 

I paid $60 near the end of early access (PS4, sometime in June I think). 

I have never played online. Just single player. Still think it was worth it. The amount of time I've spent exploring and building and learning to survive on my own has been fun. Maybe more fun than I've had with any game. And I've still only experienced a small fraction of what the maps offer, even in single player. Then there's still an entire multiplayer experience I could go with.

There are bugs that can be annoying, but one of the benefits of single player (or running your own server if you want to play online/unofficial) is access to admin commands that allow you to counter most bugs, if not directly then at least indirectly. 

Its a deal. So much fun and the game I CONSTANTLY laugh playing. Setbacks are so large that one can only smile and move on. I think the game ARK survival evolved changed the person I am. I played equal time in PvP and single player. Also a big fan of the awesome group of players in the Youtube channel NERD PARADE, both entertaining-fun and hilarious.

The team in WildCard, the creators of ARK survival evolved, redefines how I lock at management and dedication. I do not spend money without thought so this is why I own Wild Cards ARK. Let the struggle continue.

13 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Hell no. They are lucky I got it before the nerfs otherwise to me it wouldn't even be worth the original  price to me; and before anybody hurrdurrs about hours played or any of the typical fanboy retorts most of the time played for me was PRE nerf. For one the total amount of time doesn't mean much at all when a product has big changes and for two people don't get to decide what a product is worth to someone else anyways.

OP, to put this guy's comments into perspective for you:

During Early Access/Beta there were no stat rebalances as new creatures were being added. Due to the way the leveling process worked, you could put as much speed into flying mounts as you wanted, and the per-level speed increase was significant. So basically you could get birds with 250-300%+ movement speed. A bit excessive most will agree, but it was early access and dinos hadn't been balanced. Anyway, this led to Pteranadons so fast they looked like glitches to players standing still, and were not possible to shoot unless the rider stopped flying. Seriously...not just un-shootable by players, but AI machine gun turrets would have trouble shooting the birds because they were so fast. This was fixed over a series of dino stat balance updates that slowed flyers down to relatively realistic speeds that didn't break the game.

Many were happy with the balance, and many thought it was too harsh...but there was also a small selection of Ark players went insano in the braino and completely lost.their.fing.minds. All of a sudden this group started acting like Wildcard was shooting puppies in the face and steamrolling over kittens. People who had TONS of hours in game started saying the game wasn't worth anything after the nerf. But here's the best part of this story:

Anyone who plays this game can get the flyer speed that ChargingParacerParacer is talking about "pre nerf." There are thousands of unofficial servers with all sorts of different settings...including settings that revert the flyer speed nerfs. You can even modify the speeds MORE on unofficial servers. You can get pretty much whatever you want out of this game with thousands of unofficial mods available. Like every other game, there are still bugs. The game is still being worked on and future content is actively being developed. For $60, it's a great deal and very likely worth the price for anyone who likes sandbox-style video games.

Archived